RQ HUNO default settings

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

RQ HUNO default settings

Post by rafaelaroca » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by rafaelaroca
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi, I have got a RQ-HUNO assembled from a friend, but it never worked :-(

I installed MotionBuilder software and selected New -> RQ-Huno. After connecting with the USB-Serial cable, I was able to perfectly control each servo of the assembled robot by adjusting the dials viewed over the RQ-Huno drawing on MotionBuilder screen.

However I could not manage to get it to do any of the pre programmed movements.

Moreover, when I tried to put it on zero position, the robot goes into a crazy position forcing the servos off-limits.

I tried many things, so I am afraid i must have changed some important parameter or configuration.

I have firmware version 0.33, and wanted to upgrade the firmware to a default factory setting. I found some firmware uploaders and many firmwares form RBCs with versions > 2, but seems like they are not suitable for rq-huno? Are they?

I also wanted to try some motion files but I don't know each to use, and where to get them.

Could anyone please help me to get it working as it was new, with some dance movements and default front, back, left and right moves?

Note: if I turn on the robot, then press STOP on the remote, then 1 so that the servos go to the default position, nothing happens! However I still can connect with USB and control each servo.

thank you very much for any help/hint

Rafael
Hi, I have got a RQ-HUNO assembled from a friend, but it never worked :-(

I installed MotionBuilder software and selected New -> RQ-Huno. After connecting with the USB-Serial cable, I was able to perfectly control each servo of the assembled robot by adjusting the dials viewed over the RQ-Huno drawing on MotionBuilder screen.

However I could not manage to get it to do any of the pre programmed movements.

Moreover, when I tried to put it on zero position, the robot goes into a crazy position forcing the servos off-limits.

I tried many things, so I am afraid i must have changed some important parameter or configuration.

I have firmware version 0.33, and wanted to upgrade the firmware to a default factory setting. I found some firmware uploaders and many firmwares form RBCs with versions > 2, but seems like they are not suitable for rq-huno? Are they?

I also wanted to try some motion files but I don't know each to use, and where to get them.

Could anyone please help me to get it working as it was new, with some dance movements and default front, back, left and right moves?

Note: if I turn on the robot, then press STOP on the remote, then 1 so that the servos go to the default position, nothing happens! However I still can connect with USB and control each servo.

thank you very much for any help/hint

Rafael
rafaelaroca offline

Re: RQ HUNO default settings

Post by MarcosM » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:10 am

Post by MarcosM
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:10 am

Try downloading version 0.50 firmware and instructions from this page:

http://www.rqworld.com/bbs/board.php?bo ... &wr_id=138

Google translate will help you with the Korean.

Basically:

1. Install the device driver for the usb cable if you haven't done that already. Get the firmware download program to where you have chosen the firmware file, ticked or unticked the box (keep the motions already installed in the controller / motions will be reset to default). The firmware file would be RQC_0.50H.bin or RQC_0.50HU.bin (with or without extra space for 20 user motions, I think)

2. Connect the controller to the usb cable, put the usb adapter in the computer, and wait for the red light to be on

3. Unplug the battery cable. Press and hold the reset button with a small screwdriver or toothpick

4. Plug in again the battery cable

5. Release the reset button

6. Click on the download button. If it fails, go back to step 3.

That will put the new firmware (and the factory settings and default motions) in the controller.

Buena suerte!

Marcos
Try downloading version 0.50 firmware and instructions from this page:

Basically:

1. Install the device driver for the usb cable if you haven't done that already. Get the firmware download program to where you have chosen the firmware file, ticked or unticked the box (keep the motions already installed in the controller / motions will be reset to default). The firmware file would be RQC_0.50H.bin or RQC_0.50HU.bin (with or without extra space for 20 user motions, I think)

2. Connect the controller to the usb cable, put the usb adapter in the computer, and wait for the red light to be on

3. Unplug the battery cable. Press and hold the reset button with a small screwdriver or toothpick

That will put the new firmware (and the factory settings and default motions) in the controller.

Buena suerte!

Marcos
MarcosM offline

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 am

Post by K.I.L.L.B.O.T
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 am

Hi there,
This kind of thing happened to me at first, it turned out that I had two servos that were both the same number, when I pushed the red button, one arm would just bend past it's parameters and nothing else would work... Check all your I.D's on each servo, if they are correct, is it built correctly with all servos in the right place?
Try rebuilding it.
There are people on here with way more experience than I have, maybe they can help more, but check the above first
Good luck dude.
Hi there,
This kind of thing happened to me at first, it turned out that I had two servos that were both the same number, when I pushed the red button, one arm would just bend past it's parameters and nothing else would work... Check all your I.D's on each servo, if they are correct, is it built correctly with all servos in the right place?
Try rebuilding it.
There are people on here with way more experience than I have, maybe they can help more, but check the above first
Good luck dude.
K.I.L.L.B.O.T offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by rafaelaroca » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am

Post by rafaelaroca
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am

Thank you MarcosM, it worked and I updated the firmware to 0.5!!!! I simply followed exactly your instructions!!!!

Now, unfortunately my battery died and I do not have the charger.

- To continue testing, can I connect a 12v power supply directly to the battery input pins?

- To recharge the battery, can I use a standard 12V power supply connected to RQ-Huno small board "RQM-Charger" 12.6V 1A barrel connector input?

thank you very much again!

Rafael

MarcosM wrote:Try downloading version 0.50 firmware and instructions from this page:

Basically:

Buena suerte!

Marcos
Thank you MarcosM, it worked and I updated the firmware to 0.5!!!! I simply followed exactly your instructions!!!!

Now, unfortunately my battery died and I do not have the charger.

- To continue testing, can I connect a 12v power supply directly to the battery input pins?

- To recharge the battery, can I use a standard 12V power supply connected to RQ-Huno small board "RQM-Charger" 12.6V 1A barrel connector input?

thank you very much again!

Rafael

MarcosM wrote:Try downloading version 0.50 firmware and instructions from this page:

Basically:

Buena suerte!

Marcos
rafaelaroca offline

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1