Special Firmware for Users with LiPo battery

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2

Special Firmware for Users with LiPo battery

Post by PedroR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by PedroR
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi all

Robobuilder has just sent information regarding users with Lipo battery:

In particular, they have sent a modified version of the firmware for use with these robots that can be downloaded here:

http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... _11.1v.zip

From my understanding the difference is that this version sets the Low Battery threshold at 9V (meaning the RED light will turn on the RBC when the battery reaches bellow 9V).

The standard firmware (for the standard 8.4V batteries) has this threshold set lower (I believe around 6~7V). The LiPo should NOT reach such a low voltage level as this might cause damage.

If you have a LiPo battery please upgrade to the firmware above to make sure your LiPo remains healthy at all times :)

Regards
Pedro.
Hi all

Robobuilder has just sent information regarding users with Lipo battery:

In particular, they have sent a modified version of the firmware for use with these robots that can be downloaded here:

From my understanding the difference is that this version sets the Low Battery threshold at 9V (meaning the RED light will turn on the RBC when the battery reaches bellow 9V).

The standard firmware (for the standard 8.4V batteries) has this threshold set lower (I believe around 6~7V). The LiPo should NOT reach such a low voltage level as this might cause damage.

If you have a LiPo battery please upgrade to the firmware above to make sure your LiPo remains healthy at all times :)

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by PedroR
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi

A new firmware version (2.23) is now available here

You can check for the latest firmware releases available for LiPO users, as well as download past versions, by visiting this link http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... ware/LiPo/

Pedro.
Hi

A new firmware version (2.23) is now available here

You can check for the latest firmware releases available for LiPO users, as well as download past versions, by visiting this link http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... ware/LiPo/

Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

v2.26

Post by NovaOne » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Post by NovaOne
Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Pedro

Is there a Li-po version of 2.26 available yet?
Hi Pedro

Is there a Li-po version of 2.26 available yet?
NovaOne offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by PedroR
Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi Novaone

I do not have that file from Robobuilder yet. I will ask them and let you know once it is available.

Cheers
Pedro
Hi Novaone

I do not have that file from Robobuilder yet. I will ask them and let you know once it is available.

Cheers
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by NovaOne » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by NovaOne
Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Excellent, thanks :)
Excellent, thanks :)
NovaOne offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Novaone

I already have v2.26.

I have posted it here
http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... ware/LiPo/ as usual.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi Novaone

I already have v2.26.

I have posted it here
http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... ware/LiPo/ as usual.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by NovaOne » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by NovaOne
Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 pm

OK, my mistake :oops:
OK, my mistake :oops:
NovaOne offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 am

Post by PedroR
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 am

Hi Novaone

:) it's not your mistake. what I meant to say was that I received it yesterday and uploaded it to the folder/url I mentioned on the post.

So indeed, thank you for bringing this to my attention. As I often don't notice that new firmware versions are released and Robobuilder always forgets to send us the LiPo versions, it is indeed very helpful that users bring it to our attention.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi Novaone

:) it's not your mistake. what I meant to say was that I received it yesterday and uploaded it to the folder/url I mentioned on the post.

So indeed, thank you for bringing this to my attention. As I often don't notice that new firmware versions are released and Robobuilder always forgets to send us the LiPo versions, it is indeed very helpful that users bring it to our attention.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Flid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Flid
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 am

And for the last version , 2.30n ? :wink:
And for the last version , 2.30n ? :wink:
Flid offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Rift » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Rift
Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 am

Figured I would just ask here instead of making a whole new thread.

Is it still possible to get these lipo batteries and if so how much would they cost?
Figured I would just ask here instead of making a whole new thread.

Is it still possible to get these lipo batteries and if so how much would they cost?
Rift offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by ries » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by ries
Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Pedro,

Is Robobuilder making their firmware updates LiPo (11.1V) compatible?

I see on their website that (korean language) their is a version 2.34n.
And on the english site they have 2.30n.

gr,Ries
Hi Pedro,

Is Robobuilder making their firmware updates LiPo (11.1V) compatible?

I see on their website that (korean language) their is a version 2.34n.
And on the english site they have 2.30n.

gr,Ries
ries offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 am

Post by PedroR
Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Ries

With regards to firmwares for users with LiPo we have stopped receiving updates from Robobuilder.
In the "old" days the firmware versions for users with LiPo was usually not published on their website (they used to send it to us) but I can check.

With regards to normal firmware versions and versions that have the "n" marking, the difference is the versions with "n" are designed for users who have Self Running motions installed on some if their servos. (if you're not familiar with "Self Running Motions" these are simple behaviours that can programmed into a servo and the servo performs the task autonomously; you can see the wCK manual for more information).

I don't know what the normal versions (without the "n") do differently though but I know this one would be recommended for most users and the "n" for those who use self running motions.

Finally with regards to the firmware version discrepancies between the Korean website and the English one I will ask Robobuilder as well post back.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi Ries

With regards to firmwares for users with LiPo we have stopped receiving updates from Robobuilder.
In the "old" days the firmware versions for users with LiPo was usually not published on their website (they used to send it to us) but I can check.

With regards to normal firmware versions and versions that have the "n" marking, the difference is the versions with "n" are designed for users who have Self Running motions installed on some if their servos. (if you're not familiar with "Self Running Motions" these are simple behaviours that can programmed into a servo and the servo performs the task autonomously; you can see the wCK manual for more information).

I don't know what the normal versions (without the "n") do differently though but I know this one would be recommended for most users and the "n" for those who use self running motions.

Finally with regards to the firmware version discrepancies between the Korean website and the English one I will ask Robobuilder as well post back.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:55 am

Post by PedroR
Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:55 am

Hi

An updated Firmware Version for Users who have a LiPo Battery is now available from Robobuilder.
It can be downloaded here:

http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... _11.1V.zip

We were not informed what were the latest changes in this firmware but we believe that feature wise it should match the features included in the firmware versions for Robots with standard batteries.

Please note this firmware is ONLY for users who have LiPo batteries on their Robobuilders (either custom hacked or those who purchased the High power Upgrade Kit [please note that this High power Upgrade Kit is no longer available from Robobuilder] ).

Closing note: The LiPo or High power Upgrade Kits are no longer available from Robobuilder. We post these firmware updates to continue supporting users who have LiPos although we no longer supply these accessories and they are not available for sale from our store or from the manufacturer.
Hi

An updated Firmware Version for Users who have a LiPo Battery is now available from Robobuilder.
It can be downloaded here:

http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... _11.1V.zip

We were not informed what were the latest changes in this firmware but we believe that feature wise it should match the features included in the firmware versions for Robots with standard batteries.

Please note this firmware is ONLY for users who have LiPo batteries on their Robobuilders (either custom hacked or those who purchased the High power Upgrade Kit [please note that this High power Upgrade Kit is no longer available from Robobuilder] ).

Closing note: The LiPo or High power Upgrade Kits are no longer available from Robobuilder. We post these firmware updates to continue supporting users who have LiPos although we no longer supply these accessories and they are not available for sale from our store or from the manufacturer.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Special Firmware for Users with LiPo battery

Post by Shigure » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Shigure
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

Can I using safety LiPo battery with l3v3rz's BASIC Firmware ?
Can I using safety LiPo battery with l3v3rz's BASIC Firmware ?
Shigure offline

Re: Special Firmware for Users with LiPo battery

Post by l3v3rz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:28 am

Post by l3v3rz
Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:28 am

I've only ever used with the standard NiMH battery's so can't give any assurances . The Basic I would expect to work fine, but the charging function has not been written for LiPo. If someone can supply the algorithm or better still the code I'd be happy to build a special Lipo version. But otherwise just avoid using the Basic charge command 'x'.

You can see the function ChargeMiNHcode here: https://code.google.com/p/robobuilderlib/source/browse/trunk/basic/main.c
I've only ever used with the standard NiMH battery's so can't give any assurances . The Basic I would expect to work fine, but the charging function has not been written for LiPo. If someone can supply the algorithm or better still the code I'd be happy to build a special Lipo version. But otherwise just avoid using the Basic charge command 'x'.

You can see the function ChargeMiNHcode here: https://code.google.com/p/robobuilderlib/source/browse/trunk/basic/main.c
l3v3rz offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Next
Next
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2
16 postsPage 1 of 21, 2