Controlling Robobuilder with the Mobile Phone

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
21 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
21 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Post by rustam » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

Post by rustam
Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

hi PedroR

Long time no talk :))))

Of course I have Bluetooth module. But when i'm searching for bluetooth devices around me, I couldn't find the Robobuilder's bluetooth in a range.

So I saw some comments, such as: to use we should reset some settings of bluetooth module, or do something else.

Any help is welcomed

Thanks in advance !
hi PedroR

Long time no talk :))))

Of course I have Bluetooth module. But when i'm searching for bluetooth devices around me, I couldn't find the Robobuilder's bluetooth in a range.

So I saw some comments, such as: to use we should reset some settings of bluetooth module, or do something else.

Any help is welcomed

Thanks in advance !
rustam offline

Post by PedroR » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by PedroR
Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi rustam

The Bluetooth module for Robobuilder comes Pre Programmed for the correct mode setting and Baud rate.

We don't recommend resetting or tweaking with the setting unless there is really no other alternative.

The first thing I would check is if the Robot is discoverable by the PC and/or other devices.

In addition if it becomes absolutely necessary to re program the module you can use the daughter board (we don't sell it) or try tweaking it with a USB2 TTL serial adapter (at 3.3V!).

With regards to using a USB2TTL Serial I don't really have much details on how to connect it.

In any case, after having it connected you should use teh Parani Software to ste the module to mode 3 (Always Discoverable) and 115kpbs 8N1

Regards
Pedro.
Hi rustam

The Bluetooth module for Robobuilder comes Pre Programmed for the correct mode setting and Baud rate.

We don't recommend resetting or tweaking with the setting unless there is really no other alternative.

The first thing I would check is if the Robot is discoverable by the PC and/or other devices.

In addition if it becomes absolutely necessary to re program the module you can use the daughter board (we don't sell it) or try tweaking it with a USB2 TTL serial adapter (at 3.3V!).

With regards to using a USB2TTL Serial I don't really have much details on how to connect it.

In any case, after having it connected you should use teh Parani Software to ste the module to mode 3 (Always Discoverable) and 115kpbs 8N1

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Robobuilder bluetooth remote Android app

Post by Software Artist » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Post by Software Artist
Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:58 pm

I've created a basic free bluetooth remote android app and posted on Google play.

This app allows you to use your smartphone as a bluetooth remote control replacement for the IR robo remote included with the RoboBuilder robot kit.
Find it on Google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mes.btrobo
I've created a basic free bluetooth remote android app and posted on Google play.

This app allows you to use your smartphone as a bluetooth remote control replacement for the IR robo remote included with the RoboBuilder robot kit.
Find it on Google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mes.btrobo
Software Artist offline

Post by Yann933 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Yann933
Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 pm

what about an Iphone app?
I know there is one but I can't find it on the app store... :(
my phone hasn't got Bluetooth but my Ipod touch has
what about an Iphone app?
I know there is one but I can't find it on the app store... :(
my phone hasn't got Bluetooth but my Ipod touch has
Yann933 offline

Only android for now

Post by Software Artist » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by Software Artist
Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

I only know Android programming at this point and I do not own any idevices. I can publish the commands I'm sending and maybe an iphone developer can create an app for you.
I only know Android programming at this point and I do not own any idevices. I can publish the commands I'm sending and maybe an iphone developer can create an app for you.
Software Artist offline

Re: Controlling Robobuilder with the Mobile Phone

Post by vips » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by vips
Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Its a great news... but robots are not popular much right now. For future its very good.
Its a great news... but robots are not popular much right now. For future its very good.
vips offline

Previous
Previous
21 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
21 postsPage 2 of 21, 2