wCK id over 30?

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

wCK id over 30?

Post by hukka » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:27 am

Post by hukka
Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:27 am

The ID change command lists the new ID being between 0 and 254. But the command itself is sent using 5 bit id...

So if I did change the servo id to over 30, could I ever again change it to something else? The 10bit commands accept 8bit ID targets, so I was thinking if it would be possible to have more than 31 servos on the bus.
The ID change command lists the new ID being between 0 and 254. But the command itself is sent using 5 bit id...

So if I did change the servo id to over 30, could I ever again change it to something else? The 10bit commands accept 8bit ID targets, so I was thinking if it would be possible to have more than 31 servos on the bus.
hukka offline

Re: wCK id over 30?

Post by Captain Lotus » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 pm

I have the same question.

Puting an ID over 30 seems easy, but I don't see how to change the ID back when you start with a wCK with an ID over 30 as you're right, the Change ID instruction use 5bits...

I'm curious but not enough to try with my personnal sam3 :oops:
I have the same question.

Puting an ID over 30 seems easy, but I don't see how to change the ID back when you start with a wCK with an ID over 30 as you're right, the Change ID instruction use 5bits...

I'm curious but not enough to try with my personnal sam3 :oops:
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Captain Lotus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Maybe I have a part of the answer :

in the wCK documentation : http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Robobuilder/robobuilder-creator-users-manual.pdf
page 33 :
"While configuring or controlling a wCK module, the user may encounter a problem or a situation when they have to initialize the ID
and baud rate of the wCK module, either by mistake or because of a product fault. Remove the cover of external I/O port first and use
tweezers to apply electric current between point A and point B for more than 10 seconds, then the ID and baud rate will be
initialized.(default initial values, ID=0, Baud rate=115,200) "

Point A and B are indicated page 31 in the same document.

With a wCK from creator 57xx, it seems to be possible to get the ID0 back from any ID even over 30 with a kind of hardware reset.
But I still don't know which "electric current" to use : Power ? Voltage ? Intensity ?

With the SAM3 from RQ-HUNO for example, I don't khon how to do. I opened one my SAM3 and I'm not sure of what I saw.
It seems to have an "A" point (in the up right corner on the picture) but didn't see any "B"point. And I don't even know if this A point is linked to something...
Image from robosavvy forum
Maybe I have a part of the answer :

in the wCK documentation : http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Robobuilder/robobuilder-creator-users-manual.pdf
page 33 :
"While configuring or controlling a wCK module, the user may encounter a problem or a situation when they have to initialize the ID
and baud rate of the wCK module, either by mistake or because of a product fault. Remove the cover of external I/O port first and use
tweezers to apply electric current between point A and point B for more than 10 seconds, then the ID and baud rate will be
initialized.(default initial values, ID=0, Baud rate=115,200) "

Point A and B are indicated page 31 in the same document.

With a wCK from creator 57xx, it seems to be possible to get the ID0 back from any ID even over 30 with a kind of hardware reset.
But I still don't know which "electric current" to use : Power ? Voltage ? Intensity ?

With the SAM3 from RQ-HUNO for example, I don't khon how to do. I opened one my SAM3 and I'm not sure of what I saw.
It seems to have an "A" point (in the up right corner on the picture) but didn't see any "B"point. And I don't even know if this A point is linked to something...
Image from robosavvy forum
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Captain Lotus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Got it !

The point B just appears to me as I post the picture : It's just at the up-right corner of the microchip.
Got it !

The point B just appears to me as I post the picture : It's just at the up-right corner of the microchip.
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1