Object sensor

Korean company maker of Robot kits and servos designed for of articulated robots. Re-incarnation of Megarobotics.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Object sensor

Post by ttuuz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by ttuuz
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi all just got a RQ-HUNO it works fine all but the object sensor ive got it pluged in the far right 3 pin and the set of 3 closest to the back looking at it from the back and the 2 black wires to the out sde but a can not get it to work any ideals why.

Ray.
Hi all just got a RQ-HUNO it works fine all but the object sensor ive got it pluged in the far right 3 pin and the set of 3 closest to the back looking at it from the back and the 2 black wires to the out sde but a can not get it to work any ideals why.

Ray.
ttuuz offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by PedroR » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by PedroR
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi

ttuz also sent us an email to support@robosavvy.com and his question (and solution) is quite interesting.

Therefore we wanted to share it with everyone else:

RQ-HUNO works with ActionBuilder just like the other Robobuilder Robots. It comes equipped with a Distance sensor that connects to sensor port 1 on the controller.

The RQ-HUNO controller has a total of 4 generic Analog Sensor ports where you can connect Robobuilder sensor or any other generic sensor (you'll need to hack a cable though)

With RQ-HUNO if you want to build Actions that query the Distance Sensor you should use the "IR, Touch" button on the interface and not the "Distance Sensor" button - which is kind of counter intuitive....
Using the "Distance Sensor" button does not work with RQ-HUNO due to the changes in Sensor Ports; that Distance Sensor only works for 57xx robots.

Therefore to create a Motion that acts based on the input of the Distance Sensor in RQ-HUNO:
- Click the "IR, Button" condition
- Select Port 2 (or whichever port the sensor is connected to)
- It's not possible to set a threshold (like you would be able to do using "Distance Sensor" option) in the current version.
What will happen is that at a certain distance (I believe about 3 inches but this varies on reflectance of the target object as you know) it will trigger the event and execute the programmed action.

This information was provided by Robobuilder; we've already passed them the suggestion to improve the UI and Manual to make this a LOT more clear.

Below is some more information from Robobuilder about this (a picture's worth a thousand words as they say ;) )

You can download a sample ActionBuilder program (using the Distance Sensor) here http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... sensor.rba

Regards
Pedro.
Hi

ttuz also sent us an email to support@robosavvy.com and his question (and solution) is quite interesting.

Therefore we wanted to share it with everyone else:

RQ-HUNO works with ActionBuilder just like the other Robobuilder Robots. It comes equipped with a Distance sensor that connects to sensor port 1 on the controller.

The RQ-HUNO controller has a total of 4 generic Analog Sensor ports where you can connect Robobuilder sensor or any other generic sensor (you'll need to hack a cable though)

With RQ-HUNO if you want to build Actions that query the Distance Sensor you should use the "IR, Touch" button on the interface and not the "Distance Sensor" button - which is kind of counter intuitive....
Using the "Distance Sensor" button does not work with RQ-HUNO due to the changes in Sensor Ports; that Distance Sensor only works for 57xx robots.

Therefore to create a Motion that acts based on the input of the Distance Sensor in RQ-HUNO:
- Click the "IR, Button" condition
- Select Port 2 (or whichever port the sensor is connected to)
- It's not possible to set a threshold (like you would be able to do using "Distance Sensor" option) in the current version.
What will happen is that at a certain distance (I believe about 3 inches but this varies on reflectance of the target object as you know) it will trigger the event and execute the programmed action.

This information was provided by Robobuilder; we've already passed them the suggestion to improve the UI and Manual to make this a LOT more clear.

Below is some more information from Robobuilder about this (a picture's worth a thousand words as they say ;) )

You can download a sample ActionBuilder program (using the Distance Sensor) here http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Rob ... sensor.rba

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re:

Post by Captain Lotus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by Captain Lotus
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 pm

PedroR wrote:The RQ-HUNO controller has a total of 4 generic Analog Sensor ports where you can connect Robobuilder sensor or any other generic sensor (you'll need to hack a cable though)

Hi there,

A few questions to go further in this, because I'm interested in adding sensors on the HUNO but I really don't know what I'm able to do and how to proceed :
* what sensor is it possible to add ? Is the original firmware able to work with 2,3 or 4 sensors ?
* Does someoneever already tried to add sensors ? and succed in it...
* I looked for sensors from robobuilder in the shop but I only find an accelerometer (not for HUNO initialy). Is it possible to add it ?
* Is there somewhere a "map" to help in making the cable (4 pins yes but what should I put on the first pin, the second,...)
* Is it possible to buy "just the head" of the HUNO in order to get an other distance sensor on the same HUNO.

As I'm asking about the smartservo, I also want to know about other pins.
On this picture : http://www.flickr.com/photos/robosavvy/7650515476/
We can saw :
* some pins for LED output 1 and 2 (2x3 pins) -> how can we use them (cable mapping ?) ?
* some pins for "Rotation motor output" ID29 and 30 (2x2 pins) -> would it be possible to add 2 SAM ? (it needs a 4 pins connector, isnt't it ?)

Thanks in advance.
PedroR wrote:The RQ-HUNO controller has a total of 4 generic Analog Sensor ports where you can connect Robobuilder sensor or any other generic sensor (you'll need to hack a cable though)

Hi there,

A few questions to go further in this, because I'm interested in adding sensors on the HUNO but I really don't know what I'm able to do and how to proceed :
* what sensor is it possible to add ? Is the original firmware able to work with 2,3 or 4 sensors ?
* Does someoneever already tried to add sensors ? and succed in it...
* I looked for sensors from robobuilder in the shop but I only find an accelerometer (not for HUNO initialy). Is it possible to add it ?
* Is there somewhere a "map" to help in making the cable (4 pins yes but what should I put on the first pin, the second,...)
* Is it possible to buy "just the head" of the HUNO in order to get an other distance sensor on the same HUNO.

As I'm asking about the smartservo, I also want to know about other pins.
On this picture : http://www.flickr.com/photos/robosavvy/7650515476/
We can saw :
* some pins for LED output 1 and 2 (2x3 pins) -> how can we use them (cable mapping ?) ?
* some pins for "Rotation motor output" ID29 and 30 (2x2 pins) -> would it be possible to add 2 SAM ? (it needs a 4 pins connector, isnt't it ?)

Thanks in advance.
Captain Lotus offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Object sensor

Post by kindredd » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by kindredd
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi guys,

Newbie rq huno owner here. Am also having difficulty running action files on my hunk.

Have successfully written, saved and sent the action files via both the PC and android tablet. Tried both the sound sensor and IR sensor' filling in theparameters. Nothing happens after though. No reaction to either clapping or vision.

Can someone kindly inform me how to activate or start the action program?

Cheers,

David from malaysia
Hi guys,

Newbie rq huno owner here. Am also having difficulty running action files on my hunk.

Have successfully written, saved and sent the action files via both the PC and android tablet. Tried both the sound sensor and IR sensor' filling in theparameters. Nothing happens after though. No reaction to either clapping or vision.

Can someone kindly inform me how to activate or start the action program?

Cheers,

David from malaysia
kindredd offline

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1