New MechRC video from Neuremberg toy fair

From the creative team behind RealRobots' Cybot and Hasbro's Interactive R2D2 comes - MechRC - a programmable British design humanoid robot for the masses
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

New MechRC video from Neuremberg toy fair

Post by limor » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by limor
Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:45 pm

I took this video clip at the toy fair 2 weeks ago.
Jim and Victor have made great progress over the past year in the design, software and preparation for manufacturing. The kit will come with LiPo battery and charger (the demo unit at the show ran for over an hour). They even plan to manufacture their own servo metal gears!

phpBB [media]

you can also see in the background a very cool combat Mech shell for the robot and the white one with the antenna is a new research prototype module with wifi..
I took this video clip at the toy fair 2 weeks ago.
Jim and Victor have made great progress over the past year in the design, software and preparation for manufacturing. The kit will come with LiPo battery and charger (the demo unit at the show ran for over an hour). They even plan to manufacture their own servo metal gears!

phpBB [media]

you can also see in the background a very cool combat Mech shell for the robot and the white one with the antenna is a new research prototype module with wifi..
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tom_chang79 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by tom_chang79
Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm

I thought this mech was a little under powered since you can see it wobbling (wobbling is a sign of the servo struggling to hold position, yes?)

But aesthetically, this thing is a BEAUT! No other bot comes with anime-looking frame off the bat. Perhaps with a more powerful servo, this thing can be quite a contender. The fact that it comes with a rudimentary audio processor is also a plus...

With the advent of low-cost bots like Robophilos and MechRC, I hope that biped humanoids will be more popular... More competing manufacturer means we consumers, win!
I thought this mech was a little under powered since you can see it wobbling (wobbling is a sign of the servo struggling to hold position, yes?)

But aesthetically, this thing is a BEAUT! No other bot comes with anime-looking frame off the bat. Perhaps with a more powerful servo, this thing can be quite a contender. The fact that it comes with a rudimentary audio processor is also a plus...

With the advent of low-cost bots like Robophilos and MechRC, I hope that biped humanoids will be more popular... More competing manufacturer means we consumers, win!
tom_chang79 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

tom_chang79 wrote:I thought this mech was a little under powered since you can see it wobbling (wobbling is a sign of the servo struggling to hold position, yes?)

Usually it's too much freeplay/backlash in the gears. The cheaper servos have cheaper gear assemblies with a lot more freeplay and backlash, which causes overshoot and slop in holding the servo position.
tom_chang79 wrote:I thought this mech was a little under powered since you can see it wobbling (wobbling is a sign of the servo struggling to hold position, yes?)

Usually it's too much freeplay/backlash in the gears. The cheaper servos have cheaper gear assemblies with a lot more freeplay and backlash, which causes overshoot and slop in holding the servo position.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1