MechRC software demo

From the creative team behind RealRobots' Cybot and Hasbro's Interactive R2D2 comes - MechRC - a programmable British design humanoid robot for the masses
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

MechRC software demo

Post by limor » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:28 am

Post by limor
Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:28 am

MechRC is going to hit the stores (and RoboSavvy) around beginning of October 2008.

Here's a video of the software interface provided with MechRC.
phpBB [media]

Some of the features of this upcoming robot:
  • Users can create their own robot motions using a PC 3D game-like interface
  • The robot can be animated frame by frame in a similar fashion to a Walace & Gromit movie
  • Upload and share motions, photos and videos of their robots on a dedicated online forum
  • 30cm tall, constructed in tough poly-carbonate with full metal-gears in all its limb servos
  • Users can record and playback their own sounds and music on the robot
  • All 17 servos are protected so as to offer high resilience to ware and abuse
  • Beautiful retail box, with high visibility of the actual product
  • Ready-to-walk humanoid with a custom Ir remote.
  • Expandable with alternative body armor packs as well as upgrades such as laser tagged weapon systems

It should be positioned as a mass market product somewhere between the i-Sobot and the RTW Robonova.

Here's a Euronews Video report on Androids-Advance schools competition held at the Science Museum in London involving 16 schools and pre-production MechRC robots :
phpBB [media]
MechRC is going to hit the stores (and RoboSavvy) around beginning of October 2008.

Here's a video of the software interface provided with MechRC.
phpBB [media]

Some of the features of this upcoming robot:
  • Users can create their own robot motions using a PC 3D game-like interface
  • The robot can be animated frame by frame in a similar fashion to a Walace & Gromit movie
  • Upload and share motions, photos and videos of their robots on a dedicated online forum
  • 30cm tall, constructed in tough poly-carbonate with full metal-gears in all its limb servos
  • Users can record and playback their own sounds and music on the robot
  • All 17 servos are protected so as to offer high resilience to ware and abuse
  • Beautiful retail box, with high visibility of the actual product
  • Ready-to-walk humanoid with a custom Ir remote.
  • Expandable with alternative body armor packs as well as upgrades such as laser tagged weapon systems

It should be positioned as a mass market product somewhere between the i-Sobot and the RTW Robonova.

Here's a Euronews Video report on Androids-Advance schools competition held at the Science Museum in London involving 16 schools and pre-production MechRC robots :
phpBB [media]
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MechRC Commander » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:54 am

Post by MechRC Commander
Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:54 am

Hi All,

This is my first post, but I imagine I will be hanging out here a fair bit over the coming months (and hopefully years!). It'd be great to hear what you think about our new baby. We are all ears and welcome any and all feedback.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask

Cheers,

MC
Hi All,

This is my first post, but I imagine I will be hanging out here a fair bit over the coming months (and hopefully years!). It'd be great to hear what you think about our new baby. We are all ears and welcome any and all feedback.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask

Cheers,

MC
MechRC Commander offline

Post by evaderdjo » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by evaderdjo
Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

It's November now. Any news on when this bot will be available?
It's November now. Any news on when this bot will be available?
evaderdjo offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by limor
Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:54 pm

There have been various delays first in supplies of some of the ICs and then in the manufacturing process.

We expect to receive the first shipment next week

It will be available for pre-order later today on http://robosavvy.com/store/
There have been various delays first in supplies of some of the ICs and then in the manufacturing process.

We expect to receive the first shipment next week

It will be available for pre-order later today on http://robosavvy.com/store/
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1