pb install ubuntu 9.04 RB-110

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1

pb install ubuntu 9.04 RB-110

Post by jedijohn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by jedijohn
Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 pm

I installed window xp. It is very slow. I tried to install Ubuntu 9.04 with VirtualBox4 or directly with a USB CDROM drive. With both methods have a problem imput/output :twisted: . Equipment: RB-110, Micro SDHC4 OF 16GB Kingston. Can you help me please
I installed window xp. It is very slow. I tried to install Ubuntu 9.04 with VirtualBox4 or directly with a USB CDROM drive. With both methods have a problem imput/output :twisted: . Equipment: RB-110, Micro SDHC4 OF 16GB Kingston. Can you help me please
jedijohn offline

Post by josh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 am

Post by josh
Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 am

WinXP runs a bit slow on RoBoard because the speed of the SD card restricts performance of the RoBoard.
From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Dig ... ss_Ratings
you can find the speed/Class ratings. :D

it is successful to install Ubuntu step by step by refering to RB-100/RB-110 Linux Installation Guide (for Ubuntu)
(http://www.roboard.com/download_ml.htm). :o

Can you show more information with your problem ?
WinXP runs a bit slow on RoBoard because the speed of the SD card restricts performance of the RoBoard.
From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Dig ... ss_Ratings
you can find the speed/Class ratings. :D

it is successful to install Ubuntu step by step by refering to RB-100/RB-110 Linux Installation Guide (for Ubuntu)
(http://www.roboard.com/download_ml.htm). :o

Can you show more information with your problem ?
josh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by jedijohn » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 am

Post by jedijohn
Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 am

Hello, Thank you josh

I followed the instructions Roboard. VirtualBox version is not the same as the tutorial because I could’nt find it. I downloaded Ubuntu 9.04 with the link of the tutorial. I did this several times. USB stick with the method it crashes 5% formatting (error input / output). With the installation CD, I chose the menu UBUNTU and I have lots of lines that appears but then nothing I can do, or when I get an error input / output. I use Windows XP LSD instead, but if Ubuntu use less resources, I’ll use it. I have a kit BIOLOID prenium and I want to make video and audio recognition. Have you got idea about the error occured (input / output) at installation of Ubuntu ? Thank you for your answer.
Hello, Thank you josh

I followed the instructions Roboard. VirtualBox version is not the same as the tutorial because I could’nt find it. I downloaded Ubuntu 9.04 with the link of the tutorial. I did this several times. USB stick with the method it crashes 5% formatting (error input / output). With the installation CD, I chose the menu UBUNTU and I have lots of lines that appears but then nothing I can do, or when I get an error input / output. I use Windows XP LSD instead, but if Ubuntu use less resources, I’ll use it. I have a kit BIOLOID prenium and I want to make video and audio recognition. Have you got idea about the error occured (input / output) at installation of Ubuntu ? Thank you for your answer.
jedijohn offline

Post by josh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am

Post by josh
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am

jedijohn wrote:I followed the instructions Roboard. VirtualBox version is not the same as the tutorial because I could’nt find it.

hi,

VirtualBox old version:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds

VirtualBox 3.2 should work it. :)
jedijohn wrote:I followed the instructions Roboard. VirtualBox version is not the same as the tutorial because I could’nt find it.

hi,

VirtualBox old version:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds

VirtualBox 3.2 should work it. :)
josh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by jedijohn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 am

Post by jedijohn
Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 am

Thank you ... And yet I sought :oops: :oops: :x ????? I'll try and I'll keep you informed.
Thank you ... And yet I sought :oops: :oops: :x ????? I'll try and I'll keep you informed.
jedijohn offline

Post by josh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 am

Post by josh
Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 am

that's fine. :wink:

it is not too easy to find the old virtualbox verion web. 8)

when you install ubuntu using virtualbox,

must be sure that the VMDK file will be created successfully (see STEP 10 in the manaul).

and then be sure that there is no warning as mount the VMDK file on virtualbox.

good luck :D :D
that's fine. :wink:

it is not too easy to find the old virtualbox verion web. 8)

when you install ubuntu using virtualbox,

must be sure that the VMDK file will be created successfully (see STEP 10 in the manaul).

and then be sure that there is no warning as mount the VMDK file on virtualbox.

good luck :D :D
josh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by miaoichi » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by miaoichi
Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi jedijohn,

I have a same question as yours and I took Josh's sugesstion to download VirtualBox 3.2.0.

Bingo, It works.
Good Luck!!
Hi jedijohn,

I have a same question as yours and I took Josh's sugesstion to download VirtualBox 3.2.0.

Bingo, It works.
Good Luck!!
miaoichi offline

Re: pb install ubuntu 9.04 RB-110

Post by ryann2k1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 am

Post by ryann2k1
Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 am

Hi,
I am just starting my RB110. I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 but facing a problem at stage 5-6 (based on the manual).
at step 6 which requires to type ...noreplace-paravirt...when I type it, i can only type " noreplace-parav" then I cannot continue typing the rest, the system seems freezed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hi,
I am just starting my RB110. I am trying to install ubuntu 9.04 but facing a problem at stage 5-6 (based on the manual).
at step 6 which requires to type ...noreplace-paravirt...when I type it, i can only type " noreplace-parav" then I cannot continue typing the rest, the system seems freezed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
ryann2k1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1