RoBoIO fails to load COM2 device driver

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

RoBoIO fails to load COM2 device driver

Post by soroush » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am

Post by soroush
Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am

Hello

I'm trying to send & receive Dynamixel AX12 packets on COM3 native port of rb-110. That was working fine but not working now... It says : "cannot open COM2 device driver". I can not figure out why RoBoIO is trying to open COM2 driver while I'm initializing COM3 port .... :?: I tried below code code on 2 boards and got same error

code is this:
Code: Select all
#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <roboard>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    roboio_SetRBVer(RB_110);
    if(com3_Init(COM_HDUPLEX))
    {
        com3_SetBaud(COMBAUD_499200BPS);
        com3_SetFormat(COM_BYTESIZE8,COM_STOPBIT1,COM_NOPARITY);
        com3_EnableTurboMode();
        // ....
        com3_Close();
    }
    else
    {
        std::cout << "Unable to initialize com3 port" << std::endl;
        std::cout << roboio_GetErrMsg() << std::endl;
    }
    return 0;
}

And output is:

Unable to initialize com3 port
cannot open COM2 device driver
Hello

I'm trying to send & receive Dynamixel AX12 packets on COM3 native port of rb-110. That was working fine but not working now... It says : "cannot open COM2 device driver". I can not figure out why RoBoIO is trying to open COM2 driver while I'm initializing COM3 port .... :?: I tried below code code on 2 boards and got same error

code is this:
#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <roboard>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    roboio_SetRBVer(RB_110);
    if(com3_Init(COM_HDUPLEX))
    {
        com3_SetBaud(COMBAUD_499200BPS);
        com3_SetFormat(COM_BYTESIZE8,COM_STOPBIT1,COM_NOPARITY);
        com3_EnableTurboMode();
        // ....
        com3_Close();
    }
    else
    {
        std::cout << "Unable to initialize com3 port" << std::endl;
        std::cout << roboio_GetErrMsg() << std::endl;
    }
    return 0;
}

And output is:

Unable to initialize com3 port
cannot open COM2 device driver
soroush offline

Post by roboard » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 am

Post by roboard
Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 am

This message is a bug in RoBoIO 1.8, we will modify this in next RoBoIO lib.

But this message means you cannot enable COM3.

Ensure your COM3 enabled in BIOS, and check the comport of device manager in Windows XP.
This message is a bug in RoBoIO 1.8, we will modify this in next RoBoIO lib.

But this message means you cannot enable COM3.

Ensure your COM3 enabled in BIOS, and check the comport of device manager in Windows XP.
roboard offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

RoBoard RB110 Unable to open Com3

Post by alacar65 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 am

Post by alacar65
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 am

I have the same problem when trying to access COM3 using XP on a roboard RB110. It also does not open when I try to use COM3 with the hyperterminal. The Com ports are all enabled in the BIOS and I have used sucessfully both COM1 and COM4.

Any idea what the problem could be. I have also tried different IRQs.
I have the same problem when trying to access COM3 using XP on a roboard RB110. It also does not open when I try to use COM3 with the hyperterminal. The Com ports are all enabled in the BIOS and I have used sucessfully both COM1 and COM4.

Any idea what the problem could be. I have also tried different IRQs.
alacar65 offline

Post by PedroR » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by PedroR
Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi all

Afaik by default you'll be able to access Com 1 and Com 2 but you'll need to take additional action to enable COM 3 and 4 (and 5 and 6 if you have a Roboard 110).

The instructions for enabling these COMM ports can be found on the Linux installation instructions:

http://www.roboard.com/Files/RB-100/Ins ... oBoard.zip - if you are using Ubuntu

http://www.roboard.com/Files/RB-100/Ins ... oBoard.zip - if you are using Debian

Inside the ZIP file there are dedicated PDFs that explain how to enable the additional COMM ports (provided your OS is installed following the appropriate instructions).

Regards
Pedro
Hi all

Afaik by default you'll be able to access Com 1 and Com 2 but you'll need to take additional action to enable COM 3 and 4 (and 5 and 6 if you have a Roboard 110).

The instructions for enabling these COMM ports can be found on the Linux installation instructions:

http://www.roboard.com/Files/RB-100/Ins ... oBoard.zip - if you are using Ubuntu

http://www.roboard.com/Files/RB-100/Ins ... oBoard.zip - if you are using Debian

Inside the ZIP file there are dedicated PDFs that explain how to enable the additional COMM ports (provided your OS is installed following the appropriate instructions).

Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by alacar65 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 am

Post by alacar65
Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:38 am

The problem I am having is using the Com ports on RB110 when running XP. I can open and use COM1, COM2 and COM4 without any problem. However I cannot open COM3 either using the RB library or even trying to use COM3 with hyperterminal.

It seems to be either a h/w problem or an XP driver problem. Has anybody got some advise on this issue.

Regards

Alan
The problem I am having is using the Com ports on RB110 when running XP. I can open and use COM1, COM2 and COM4 without any problem. However I cannot open COM3 either using the RB library or even trying to use COM3 with hyperterminal.

It seems to be either a h/w problem or an XP driver problem. Has anybody got some advise on this issue.

Regards

Alan
alacar65 offline

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1