Good USB self-powered device

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Good USB self-powered device

Post by atma » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by atma
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to make the ebox 3350mx reboot with 2 usb HD's attached to it. The 2 USB HD's are self-powered. They are attached to a self-powered USB hub, which when it's alone connected to ebox the little thing boots normally. However, when the 2 HD's are attached on the self-powered hub, the ebox won't boot.

Does anyone know how to get over this? Or do I need to buy a new self-powered hub?

regards
Hello,

I'm trying to make the ebox 3350mx reboot with 2 usb HD's attached to it. The 2 USB HD's are self-powered. They are attached to a self-powered USB hub, which when it's alone connected to ebox the little thing boots normally. However, when the 2 HD's are attached on the self-powered hub, the ebox won't boot.

Does anyone know how to get over this? Or do I need to buy a new self-powered hub?

regards
atma offline

Post by PedroR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by PedroR
Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi atma

The symptoms you describe are a typical case of insufficient power supply to the eBox.

What Power Supply are you using to Power the eBox?

As long as you're powering it with the recommended 5V 2Amps it should be OK.

According to the USB specification no USB peripheral should draw more than 500mA so if you have a good 5V 2A power adapter the eBox should be working fine.

Kind Regards
Pedro.
RoboSavvy
Hi atma

The symptoms you describe are a typical case of insufficient power supply to the eBox.

According to the USB specification no USB peripheral should draw more than 500mA so if you have a good 5V 2A power adapter the eBox should be working fine.

Kind Regards
Pedro.
RoboSavvy
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by atma » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by atma
Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:42 pm

PedroR wrote:Hi atma

Kind Regards
Pedro.
RoboSavvy

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I bought a good and expensive USB hub from amazon and will try again as soon as it gets here.

Thanks and best regards
PedroR wrote:Hi atma

Kind Regards
Pedro.
RoboSavvy

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I bought a good and expensive USB hub from amazon and will try again as soon as it gets here.

Thanks and best regards
atma offline

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1