Andoid OS on a RB-110

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Andoid OS on a RB-110

Post by Stellar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Stellar
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Hello,

I have a RB-110 and I'm trying to install android-x86 (http://www.android-x86.org).
I've tried android 2.3 and 4.0 with several kernel configurations and versions (2.6.3x and 3.0) and the only thing I've got are kernel panics.

I'm begining to think that it's not possible install this OS on RB-110. Is this true? Has anyone achieved a succesful instalation of android? In that case, how??

Thanks a lot.
Hello,

I have a RB-110 and I'm trying to install android-x86 (http://www.android-x86.org).
I've tried android 2.3 and 4.0 with several kernel configurations and versions (2.6.3x and 3.0) and the only thing I've got are kernel panics.

I'm begining to think that it's not possible install this OS on RB-110. Is this true? Has anyone achieved a succesful instalation of android? In that case, how??

Thanks a lot.
Stellar offline

Post by PedroR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi stellar

I haven't tried compiling Android for Roboard myself but my suggestion is that you make sure you are compiling with all the flags set to i386 architecture.

This means compiling WITHOUT the following instructions: CMOV, MMX, SSE and any others that are not part of the i386 instruction set.

I'm not sure how Android for x86 works but if it uses the generic Linux kernel I suggest you install the DMP kernel (downloadable from the Roboard website or from the Linux isntallation instructions for ebox (it's the same kernel) )

Afaik DMP has not released any official images for Android or announced formal support for Android.

In any case please let us know how you progress.

Kind Regards
Pedro
RoboSavvy
Hi stellar

I haven't tried compiling Android for Roboard myself but my suggestion is that you make sure you are compiling with all the flags set to i386 architecture.

This means compiling WITHOUT the following instructions: CMOV, MMX, SSE and any others that are not part of the i386 instruction set.

I'm not sure how Android for x86 works but if it uses the generic Linux kernel I suggest you install the DMP kernel (downloadable from the Roboard website or from the Linux isntallation instructions for ebox (it's the same kernel) )

Afaik DMP has not released any official images for Android or announced formal support for Android.

In any case please let us know how you progress.

Kind Regards
Pedro
RoboSavvy
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1