Ebox 3350mx switching OS problem

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Ebox 3350mx switching OS problem

Post by b2051758 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by b2051758
Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help. Initially I have used this win xp running totally fine, but decided to install ubuntu following the instructions on this forum (great btw).
Got ubuntu running fine on a separate SD card, however when I plug my XP sd card in, and try to boot from that, no joy at all. Comes up with the screen windows did not start successfully last time, select last know good, safe mode, blah blah. None of the options work, it just freezes or restarts. Since I have a backup image, I re-imaged the SD card, like I have done many times before, and tried again. Still the same problem. I have tried optimized and fail safe defaults in bios, still no joy. Any ideas? Not sure why this would happen, just doesnt make sense to me. Seems like a power issue, but I've had it running fine off the power I use for a long time now (unless its failing) however ubuntu boots up fine so then again, thinking its not that.

Any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Tom
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help. Initially I have used this win xp running totally fine, but decided to install ubuntu following the instructions on this forum (great btw).
Got ubuntu running fine on a separate SD card, however when I plug my XP sd card in, and try to boot from that, no joy at all. Comes up with the screen windows did not start successfully last time, select last know good, safe mode, blah blah. None of the options work, it just freezes or restarts. Since I have a backup image, I re-imaged the SD card, like I have done many times before, and tried again. Still the same problem. I have tried optimized and fail safe defaults in bios, still no joy. Any ideas? Not sure why this would happen, just doesnt make sense to me. Seems like a power issue, but I've had it running fine off the power I use for a long time now (unless its failing) however ubuntu boots up fine so then again, thinking its not that.

Any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Tom
b2051758 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

hmmmmm

Post by b2051758 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by b2051758
Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Ok, in case anyone is wondering been messing around with it. I definitely know its not the XP images.
Went into BIOS, changed the IDE configuration to allow standard IDE and it boots!
Although I do have to quickly disconnect the keyboard for it to boot ok after doing this which is a mystery since keyboard and mouse are fine left in for Ubuntu.
Can't remember changing the BIOS settings prior to installing Ubuntu but I must have reloaded the defaults or something. Strange why Ubuntu boots fine with the default BIOS settings and XP does not, oh well.
Fingers crossed Ubuntu works fine without having to change the settings back, then I can just switch the SD cards when needed.
Ok, in case anyone is wondering been messing around with it. I definitely know its not the XP images.
Went into BIOS, changed the IDE configuration to allow standard IDE and it boots!
Although I do have to quickly disconnect the keyboard for it to boot ok after doing this which is a mystery since keyboard and mouse are fine left in for Ubuntu.
Can't remember changing the BIOS settings prior to installing Ubuntu but I must have reloaded the defaults or something. Strange why Ubuntu boots fine with the default BIOS settings and XP does not, oh well.
Fingers crossed Ubuntu works fine without having to change the settings back, then I can just switch the SD cards when needed.
b2051758 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1