Ebox 3350mx led

Based on DMP's Vortex processor / SoC this board is a full computer capable of running a standard Windows and Linux installation on the backpack of your robot.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Ebox 3350mx led

Post by b2051758 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by b2051758
Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi quick question,

Upon booting up my ebox this morning the led lights were flickering red. Normally this is a purple colour. Is this normal? Just never seen red lights when it's been booting up before

Tom.
Hi quick question,

Upon booting up my ebox this morning the led lights were flickering red. Normally this is a purple colour. Is this normal? Just never seen red lights when it's been booting up before

Tom.
b2051758 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by PedroR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:52 am

Post by PedroR
Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Tom

Firstly, is the eBox booting correctly?

The LED is used only for status purposes.

If the box is working correctly, there could be a couple of causes for the change in colours (for example flashing a new BIOS or changing the boot device) but this would seem more of a cosmetic nature.

If I recall correctly the color you see is a combination of 2 LEDs that are on the motherboard; I believe there's a read and a blue one and then there's an acrylic part that breaks the colors out to the front panel.
When you see purple, it means Red+Blue are on.

I don't know what the Blue and Red mean individually (maybe the manual will help) but if the eBox is working fine I would not worry much.

It is OK to open the box and have a look around if you're curious; we'd just recommend being careful when doing (and putting it back together) and to _not_ try and remove the CMOS battery (the clip usually gets damaged and won't ever fit properly again).

Regards
Pedro
Hi Tom

If the box is working correctly, there could be a couple of causes for the change in colours (for example flashing a new BIOS or changing the boot device) but this would seem more of a cosmetic nature.

If I recall correctly the color you see is a combination of 2 LEDs that are on the motherboard; I believe there's a read and a blue one and then there's an acrylic part that breaks the colors out to the front panel.

I don't know what the Blue and Red mean individually (maybe the manual will help) but if the eBox is working fine I would not worry much.

It is OK to open the box and have a look around if you're curious; we'd just recommend being careful when doing (and putting it back together) and to _not_ try and remove the CMOS battery (the clip usually gets damaged and won't ever fit properly again).

Regards
Pedro
Last edited by PedroR on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by b2051758 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by b2051758
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks for the reply pedro. I've changed nothing and its working just fine, was curious that's all. When I get a second ill check the manual to see if I can shed some light on what the different colours mean.
Thanks for the reply pedro. I've changed nothing and its working just fine, was curious that's all. When I get a second ill check the manual to see if I can shed some light on what the different colours mean.
b2051758 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re:

Post by JanGlover » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 am

Post by JanGlover
Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 am

PedroR wrote:Hi Tom

If I recall correctly the color you see is a combination of 2
led light that are on the motherboard; I believe there's a read and a blue one and then there's an acrylic part that breaks the colors out to the front panel.

Regards
Pedro

Thanks for sharing information.. Even I was worried about flickering led lights and your post helped me lot.. Thanks again
PedroR wrote:Hi Tom

If I recall correctly the color you see is a combination of 2
led light that are on the motherboard; I believe there's a read and a blue one and then there's an acrylic part that breaks the colors out to the front panel.

Regards
Pedro

Thanks for sharing information.. Even I was worried about flickering led lights and your post helped me lot.. Thanks again
JanGlover offline

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1