AntOne with HP 214 Ipaq brain

Walking robots with more than 2 legs (tripods, quadpods..) have the inherent advantage of stability over biped robots
6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1

AntOne with HP 214 Ipaq brain

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 pm

phpBB [media]

Previoulsy it always has been controlled by bluetooth from a PC. This time it's controlled from its HP 214 IPaq brain programmed with C#.

Again, these are only the first steps... Next steps are detect and take objects. : )
phpBB [media]

Previoulsy it always has been controlled by bluetooth from a PC. This time it's controlled from its HP 214 IPaq brain programmed with C#.

Again, these are only the first steps... Next steps are detect and take objects. : )
siempre.aprendiendo
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by l3v3rz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by l3v3rz
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Have you tried to access the GPS and camera on the IPAQ and integrate into your robot control code ?

Are you sharing any of the code ?

cheers
Have you tried to access the GPS and camera on the IPAQ and integrate into your robot control code ?

Are you sharing any of the code ?

cheers
l3v3rz
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Well, this IPAQ haven't GPS nor camera. GPS would be possible by BT, but it's not going to walk outdoor, nor to walk such distances to use a GPS.

I'm creating (slowly) a website about the full project. It's a proof of concept of several ideas. I will publish all the code when working :)
Well, this IPAQ haven't GPS nor camera. GPS would be possible by BT, but it's not going to walk outdoor, nor to walk such distances to use a GPS.

I'm creating (slowly) a website about the full project. It's a proof of concept of several ideas. I will publish all the code when working :)
siempre.aprendiendo
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by l3v3rz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:42 am

Post by l3v3rz
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:42 am

Sorry - thought it had more features. Its touch screen made it look quite modern - I see it has a good processor speed though 624MHz - useful.

I was thinking it might be an idea to use the phone/PDA built-in features that some have these days like GPS, camera, accelerometers to control the bot, rather than relying on the bot having to pass the sensor information back.

PS. Your bot looks really cool !
Sorry - thought it had more features. Its touch screen made it look quite modern - I see it has a good processor speed though 624MHz - useful.

I was thinking it might be an idea to use the phone/PDA built-in features that some have these days like GPS, camera, accelerometers to control the bot, rather than relying on the bot having to pass the sensor information back.

PS. Your bot looks really cool !
l3v3rz
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm

It's a PDA for the enterprise market launched in 2008.

It has some features pretty uncommon, like

- SD and CF, I use the CF connector to connect to the CM-510 at 115200
- USB Host port (still not tested with usb2dynamixel...)
- 4'' screen

I'm thinking too about using my Nexus One (I'm not sure if i can use USB host capabilities) ;) But then I need to come back to BT with its very bad latency :(

In addition, I don't like very much MS, but Visual Studio, .Net and C# are very good. And I can share almost all the code between PC and PDA.
It's a PDA for the enterprise market launched in 2008.

It has some features pretty uncommon, like

- SD and CF, I use the CF connector to connect to the CM-510 at 115200
- USB Host port (still not tested with usb2dynamixel...)
- 4'' screen

I'm thinking too about using my Nexus One (I'm not sure if i can use USB host capabilities) ;) But then I need to come back to BT with its very bad latency :(

In addition, I don't like very much MS, but Visual Studio, .Net and C# are very good. And I can share almost all the code between PC and PDA.
siempre.aprendiendo
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by l3v3rz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by l3v3rz
Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 pm

I've been checking out alternatives and whats surprising me is there are now a number of cheap Android phones coming on to the market.

So for £90 you get a 525 Mhz processor, Camera 3.2MP, GPS, touchscreen, Bluetooth, Wifi and Android 2.1 and £30 quid of MS vouchers !!

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-y ... ulse-mini/

(and its a phone ... )

But as a cheap robot controller - wow !

I was looking on Ebay at iPAQ pricess and even 2nd hand they are going for £100+ make me wonder why ?
I've been checking out alternatives and whats surprising me is there are now a number of cheap Android phones coming on to the market.

So for £90 you get a 525 Mhz processor, Camera 3.2MP, GPS, touchscreen, Bluetooth, Wifi and Android 2.1 and £30 quid of MS vouchers !!

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-y ... ulse-mini/

(and its a phone ... )

But as a cheap robot controller - wow !

I was looking on Ebay at iPAQ pricess and even 2nd hand they are going for £100+ make me wonder why ?
l3v3rz
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

6 postsPage 1 of 1
6 postsPage 1 of 1