Bioloid Vision Module

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
261 postsPage 16 of 181 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

error

Post by ryann2k1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by ryann2k1
Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Hamid,
I am connecting through CM-5, First the reading process is working but in the middle it stops and the warning pops out. It never reach a success communication.
Thanks for the prompt respond.

Cheers,

Ryan
Hi Hamid,
I am connecting through CM-5, First the reading process is working but in the middle it stops and the warning pops out. It never reach a success communication.
Thanks for the prompt respond.

Cheers,

Ryan
ryann2k1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hamid_m » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by hamid_m
Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:34 pm

So, here is the problem.
The implementation of the communication protocol in calib.hex is for HaViMo1.0 and does not support the newer versions. For calibration of your module you need a USB2DYNAMIXEL.

Best regards,
Hamid.
So, here is the problem.
The implementation of the communication protocol in calib.hex is for HaViMo1.0 and does not support the newer versions. For calibration of your module you need a USB2DYNAMIXEL.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enna » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:45 am

Post by enna
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:45 am

Hi Hamid. Nice knowing you all.

I’m new. I just purchase the Hamivo1.5 vision module. I connect the module via USB2Dyn and give power to it through cm5 connection. The hamivo1.5 software can recognize the camera and able to take picture. But as ryann2k1said, it needs to be reset from time to time in order to be recognized. It same goes with the pan&tilt mechanism which I think courses by the camera. In the same times, I found that the camera heating itself out to the extent that I cannot hold it myself anymore (the camera get too hot!!!). Is it normal for it to do that or did I done something wrong with the connection? I was planning to buy more from Hamivo2 vision module for education purpose, but would this module solve the problem or I will have the same problem with it???

Thank you in advance, I hope you can help me as I got a presentation on the module around next week.
Hi Hamid. Nice knowing you all.

I’m new. I just purchase the Hamivo1.5 vision module. I connect the module via USB2Dyn and give power to it through cm5 connection. The hamivo1.5 software can recognize the camera and able to take picture. But as ryann2k1said, it needs to be reset from time to time in order to be recognized. It same goes with the pan&tilt mechanism which I think courses by the camera. In the same times, I found that the camera heating itself out to the extent that I cannot hold it myself anymore (the camera get too hot!!!). Is it normal for it to do that or did I done something wrong with the connection? I was planning to buy more from Hamivo2 vision module for education purpose, but would this module solve the problem or I will have the same problem with it???

Thank you in advance, I hope you can help me as I got a presentation on the module around next week.
enna offline

Post by hamid_m » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

Post by hamid_m
Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

Hi enna,

The camera can get warm, but not hot. if you cannot hold it with finger, there should be a serious hardware problem. Furthermore, as long as there is no activity, it switches itself into the standby mode, which makes almost no heat.

The built in watchdog timer makes the camera run all the time and avoids dead locks. This is pretty new to me. May be it has something to do with the other problem (overheating).

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi enna,

The camera can get warm, but not hot. if you cannot hold it with finger, there should be a serious hardware problem. Furthermore, as long as there is no activity, it switches itself into the standby mode, which makes almost no heat.

The built in watchdog timer makes the camera run all the time and avoids dead locks. This is pretty new to me. May be it has something to do with the other problem (overheating).

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by enna » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by enna
Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:25 am

I was glad with the answer. I had proceeded with buying few more of the module. However, as you the expert one, could I ask for your opinion as the cause of the overheating (hardware/software)? It may 'gift' a good knowledge for us in the future.

If you may, I would like to ask something about the programming part. For the pan&tilt mechanism, I use the simple example.c with my Hamivo1.5 vision module and cm5. I need to really understand the programming. I was stuck with one part. How did you come up this number [80 and 60] in the first place?

HeadHPos- = ((int)Ballx- 80) / 2 )
HeadVPos-= ((int)Bally - 60) / 2 )

Can I change it to make it better? OR its already fix to that value? As I mention early, I’m NEW… :)

Thank you in advance. Looking forward for your answer…
I was glad with the answer. I had proceeded with buying few more of the module. However, as you the expert one, could I ask for your opinion as the cause of the overheating (hardware/software)? It may 'gift' a good knowledge for us in the future.

If you may, I would like to ask something about the programming part. For the pan&tilt mechanism, I use the simple example.c with my Hamivo1.5 vision module and cm5. I need to really understand the programming. I was stuck with one part. How did you come up this number [80 and 60] in the first place?

HeadHPos- = ((int)Ballx- 80) / 2 )
HeadVPos-= ((int)Bally - 60) / 2 )

Can I change it to make it better? OR its already fix to that value? As I mention early, I’m NEW… :)

Thank you in advance. Looking forward for your answer…
enna offline

Post by hamid_m » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

Post by hamid_m
Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

Hi,

These lines implement two simple Integral controllers. 80 and 60 are the reference values, in other words they say where the goal object should be found in the image, which is in this case the center (image is 160*120).

/2 is the control Ki coefficient, which can be adjusted to get faster responses, or respectively to avoid overshooting.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi,

These lines implement two simple Integral controllers. 80 and 60 are the reference values, in other words they say where the goal object should be found in the image, which is in this case the center (image is 160*120).

/2 is the control Ki coefficient, which can be adjusted to get faster responses, or respectively to avoid overshooting.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by ryann2k1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Post by ryann2k1
Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Hi Hamid,

Thank you, it works now. When would the software be updated for cm5?
Jazakallah..

Cheers,
Hi Hamid,

Thank you, it works now. When would the software be updated for cm5?
Jazakallah..

Cheers,
ryann2k1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by ryann2k1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by ryann2k1
Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:17 pm

hi ..

the heat is in normal level, i had my bioloid expertkit, and the wireless camera is even hotter than hamivo1.5. As what Hamid sad, as long as it is not overheat(u can touch the surface if u feel like touching an iron) than there is shortcircuit problem. So no need to worry so far, just to be carefull when putting the screw as the board is a bit small. I put a small plastic ring as to protect the screw from touching the board circuit.

About the one that the software cant successfully connect and it needs to be reset all the time has been solve with Hamid suggestion.USB2Dynamixel, the software for CM.5 is not compatible.
good luck.

Cheers
hi ..

the heat is in normal level, i had my bioloid expertkit, and the wireless camera is even hotter than hamivo1.5. As what Hamid sad, as long as it is not overheat(u can touch the surface if u feel like touching an iron) than there is shortcircuit problem. So no need to worry so far, just to be carefull when putting the screw as the board is a bit small. I put a small plastic ring as to protect the screw from touching the board circuit.

About the one that the software cant successfully connect and it needs to be reset all the time has been solve with Hamid suggestion.USB2Dynamixel, the software for CM.5 is not compatible.
good luck.

Cheers
ryann2k1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by ryann2k1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by ryann2k1
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

I am stuck with running the example.c for the Hamivo vision.
In part of the program, when pressing "o", the motor should be on. I can be sure that the vision module can communicate with cm5 as added a comment and it does appear on the screen. But when it comes to move the motor, nothing happens. the motor does not move at all. Any one had experience with the same problem and solved it?

Thank you in advance..

ryan
I am stuck with running the example.c for the Hamivo vision.
In part of the program, when pressing "o", the motor should be on. I can be sure that the vision module can communicate with cm5 as added a comment and it does appear on the screen. But when it comes to move the motor, nothing happens. the motor does not move at all. Any one had experience with the same problem and solved it?

Thank you in advance..

ryan
ryann2k1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

help wanted T_T

Post by nyoo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by nyoo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:43 pm

hi,

btw i am still new on this forum and i am also new on robotis vision sensor (HaViMo)....i am using bioloid comprehensive kit, and now i have some trouble on interfacing CM-5 module with HaViMo.....

btw i have used robot terminal to transmit "calib.hex" into CM-5, but nothing happens...and when i try to use the software that i get from this website, i can't open the terminal...the program says the com 2 (or something like that) cannot be opened....of course, i have already followed every step posted in this thread (except the one using the Behavior Control Programming) but it is still failed on me....

when i to open one of roboplus program that is used to list component that is detected by CM-5, i find the HaViMo module listed as unknown module with ID 100.....

btw, can you give the the working procedure (step-by-step) to install "calib.hex" into CM-5 (without using USBtoDynamixel) and set CM-5 so that HaMiVo can be detected and can be used together with CM-5 on roboplus software???

regards,

nyoo

note : i am using HaViMo 2 :)
hi,

btw i am still new on this forum and i am also new on robotis vision sensor (HaViMo)....i am using bioloid comprehensive kit, and now i have some trouble on interfacing CM-5 module with HaViMo.....

btw i have used robot terminal to transmit "calib.hex" into CM-5, but nothing happens...and when i try to use the software that i get from this website, i can't open the terminal...the program says the com 2 (or something like that) cannot be opened....of course, i have already followed every step posted in this thread (except the one using the Behavior Control Programming) but it is still failed on me....

when i to open one of roboplus program that is used to list component that is detected by CM-5, i find the HaViMo module listed as unknown module with ID 100.....

btw, can you give the the working procedure (step-by-step) to install "calib.hex" into CM-5 (without using USBtoDynamixel) and set CM-5 so that HaMiVo can be detected and can be used together with CM-5 on roboplus software???

regards,

nyoo

note : i am using HaViMo 2 :)
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by PedroR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by PedroR
Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:16 pm

i have already followed every step posted in this thread (except the one using the Behavior Control Programming) but it is still failed on me....

As far as I know HaViMo 2 can only be calibrated using a USB2Dynamixel.
That's been discussed on the forum a couple of times (including this thread http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28142 where you seem to have double posted; the response is on that thread, right above your question, by hamid_m)

As a general advice, please avoid double posting on our forum.

Best Regards
Pedro
i have already followed every step posted in this thread (except the one using the Behavior Control Programming) but it is still failed on me....

That's been discussed on the forum a couple of times (including this thread http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28142 where you seem to have double posted; the response is on that thread, right above your question, by hamid_m)

Best Regards
Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by nyoo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by nyoo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

PedroR wrote:

Best Regards
Pedro

wew thanks for your advise....ok then i won't try to make same question later :)
PedroR wrote:

Best Regards
Pedro

wew thanks for your advise....ok then i won't try to make same question later :)
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

need another help

Post by nyoo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:02 am

Post by nyoo
Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:02 am

btw, when i connect the HaViMo 2.0 to CM-5 and open roboplus manager to list every device connected to CM-5, all devices (dynamixel,etc) are detected, but the HaViMo is listed as unknown with ID 100....btw is there something wrong with that??? And do you have any solutions to that problem (if it is really a problem)??

and btw do you know how to program HaViMo 2 with roboplus???

thx for responding :)
btw, when i connect the HaViMo 2.0 to CM-5 and open roboplus manager to list every device connected to CM-5, all devices (dynamixel,etc) are detected, but the HaViMo is listed as unknown with ID 100....btw is there something wrong with that??? And do you have any solutions to that problem (if it is really a problem)??

nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by PedroR » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by PedroR
Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Ho nyio

It is normal that HaViMo appaears as "unknown" in Roboplus. As long as you see the device in Roboplus manager everything is OK.
ID 100 is the default ID for HaViMo.

As to programming it in Roboplus I am not sure we have that but maybe hamid_m can help you with that.

Regards
Pedro.
Ho nyio

It is normal that HaViMo appaears as "unknown" in Roboplus. As long as you see the device in Roboplus manager everything is OK.
ID 100 is the default ID for HaViMo.

As to programming it in Roboplus I am not sure we have that but maybe hamid_m can help you with that.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: need another help

Post by garycmartin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by garycmartin
Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi nyoo,

nyoo wrote:btw, when i connect the HaViMo 2.0 to CM-5 and open roboplus manager to list every device connected to CM-5, all devices (dynamixel,etc) are detected, but the HaViMo is listed as unknown with ID 100....btw is there something wrong with that??? And do you have any solutions to that problem (if it is really a problem)??

I asked hamid_m about this earlier in this thread, he kindly pointed me to this Robo Plus Task example for a wheeled robot following an object of color=1. Note that I'm using a CM-510 here, but I assume it will work on a CM-5 as well:

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/hamid_m/camera2.zip

I've used a modified version of this to drive a head pan and tilt setup, my next step was going to be autonomous following of a coloured object, but I've been distracted re-building the upper body http://flic.kr/p/9yaW3o

Regards,
--Gary
Hi nyoo,

nyoo wrote:btw, when i connect the HaViMo 2.0 to CM-5 and open roboplus manager to list every device connected to CM-5, all devices (dynamixel,etc) are detected, but the HaViMo is listed as unknown with ID 100....btw is there something wrong with that??? And do you have any solutions to that problem (if it is really a problem)??

I asked hamid_m about this earlier in this thread, he kindly pointed me to this Robo Plus Task example for a wheeled robot following an object of color=1. Note that I'm using a CM-510 here, but I assume it will work on a CM-5 as well:

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/hamid_m/camera2.zip

I've used a modified version of this to drive a head pan and tilt setup, my next step was going to be autonomous following of a coloured object, but I've been distracted re-building the upper body http://flic.kr/p/9yaW3o

Regards,
--Gary
garycmartin offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

PreviousNext
PreviousNext