Bioloid Vision Module

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
261 postsPage 17 of 181 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Post by nyoo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 am

Post by nyoo
Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 am

after some advise from anyone who answer my questions, finally i can test and calibrate HaViMo 2 with some objects, using USB2Dynamixel.....but my next question is, after calibrating HaViMo 2 with some objects (field, ball, etc) how can i call those object that i have calibrated with roboplus???

btw thx for sending me an example to program HaViMo 2 with CM-5...:)
after some advise from anyone who answer my questions, finally i can test and calibrate HaViMo 2 with some objects, using USB2Dynamixel.....but my next question is, after calibrating HaViMo 2 with some objects (field, ball, etc) how can i call those object that i have calibrated with roboplus???

btw thx for sending me an example to program HaViMo 2 with CM-5...:)
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

question again

Post by nyoo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by nyoo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 pm

hi everyone,
btw do anyone know how to display the output value (ex: index, colors, pixel, MaxX, MaxY, etc) of the objects that have been calibrated (using program provided in this forum) by havimo 2???

and, do anyone know how to use the file "camerareg15.txt" that is made by havimo color calibration program???

btw, i want to program my robot with that sensor using roboplus...

thx 4 answering :)
hi everyone,
btw do anyone know how to display the output value (ex: index, colors, pixel, MaxX, MaxY, etc) of the objects that have been calibrated (using program provided in this forum) by havimo 2???

and, do anyone know how to use the file "camerareg15.txt" that is made by havimo color calibration program???

nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: question again

Post by garycmartin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by garycmartin
Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi nyoo,

nyoo wrote:hi everyone,

I've only been using one index colour so far (tracking a single red ball), but for the bounding box data (the sample code returns the largest one found for a given index colour) I just added some print statements into the Task script.

nyoo wrote:and, do anyone know how to use the file "camerareg15.txt" that is made by havimo color calibration program???

I think this is just a quick way to dump out all the register settings in one go so you can more easily examine them when fine-tuning the camera to your needs (need to reference the camera spec sheet to get all the gruesome details about which registers do what). For example I was certainly tweaking things to try and improve sensitivity in low light conditions, though brighter room lighting would be a more reliable solution ;) I'm not sure if you can re-import that text file, I was just tweaking individual registers one at a time and testing the results.

--Gary
Hi nyoo,

I've only been using one index colour so far (tracking a single red ball), but for the bounding box data (the sample code returns the largest one found for a given index colour) I just added some print statements into the Task script.

nyoo wrote:and, do anyone know how to use the file "camerareg15.txt" that is made by havimo color calibration program???

I think this is just a quick way to dump out all the register settings in one go so you can more easily examine them when fine-tuning the camera to your needs (need to reference the camera spec sheet to get all the gruesome details about which registers do what). For example I was certainly tweaking things to try and improve sensitivity in low light conditions, though brighter room lighting would be a more reliable solution ;) I'm not sure if you can re-import that text file, I was just tweaking individual registers one at a time and testing the results.

--Gary
garycmartin offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: question again

Post by nyoo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by nyoo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

garycmartin wrote:Hi nyoo,

--Gary

Gary, you say you can display the output value of that camera...do you have some examples related with it anyway??? actually i just want it to program my CM-5 using roboplus so that it can track the object ....

btw, do anyone know how to display the output data format (ex :pixel, min X, max X, etc) of havimo 2 if i use USB2Dynamixel to connect it with PC???
garycmartin wrote:Hi nyoo,

--Gary

Gary, you say you can display the output value of that camera...do you have some examples related with it anyway??? actually i just want it to program my CM-5 using roboplus so that it can track the object ....

btw, do anyone know how to display the output data format (ex :pixel, min X, max X, etc) of havimo 2 if i use USB2Dynamixel to connect it with PC???
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by nyoo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by nyoo
Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:01 pm

hello?? anyone??
hello?? anyone??
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by garycmartin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by garycmartin
Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Here's a ziped RoboPlus Task file showing a very simple HaViMo2 pan and tilt setup for looking towards the colour defined in palette 1 (I stripped down the camera2.tsk file provided by hamid_m and tinkered with it on a CM-510). Servo ID 19 was pan and ID 20 was tilt. It prints out a few values I was using for debugging. 1) Camera address [*] 2) Bounding box Max size (I was tinkering with the idea of ignoring values below a certain size) 3) the bounding box x centroid 4) the bounding box y centroid. Hope it's of some use:

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/garycmart ... st.tsk.zip

[*] if you loop the script too fast (see the WAIT WHILE time loop of 0.256sec), the camera returns errors rather than data, I was using this camera address read as minimal test case while tweaking the delay.

--Gary
Here's a ziped RoboPlus Task file showing a very simple HaViMo2 pan and tilt setup for looking towards the colour defined in palette 1 (I stripped down the camera2.tsk file provided by hamid_m and tinkered with it on a CM-510). Servo ID 19 was pan and ID 20 was tilt. It prints out a few values I was using for debugging. 1) Camera address [*] 2) Bounding box Max size (I was tinkering with the idea of ignoring values below a certain size) 3) the bounding box x centroid 4) the bounding box y centroid. Hope it's of some use:

[*] if you loop the script too fast (see the WAIT WHILE time loop of 0.256sec), the camera returns errors rather than data, I was using this camera address read as minimal test case while tweaking the delay.

--Gary
garycmartin offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by nyoo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by nyoo
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

garycmartin wrote:Here's a ziped RoboPlus Task file showing a very simple HaViMo2 pan and tilt setup for looking towards the colour defined in palette 1 (I stripped down the camera2.tsk file provided by hamid_m and tinkered with it on a CM-510). Servo ID 19 was pan and ID 20 was tilt. It prints out a few values I was using for debugging. 1) Camera address [*] 2) Bounding box Max size (I was tinkering with the idea of ignoring values below a certain size) 3) the bounding box x centroid 4) the bounding box y centroid. Hope it's of some use:

--Gary

where is the output data of the object printed anyway?? robot terminal or havimo software, or?
garycmartin wrote:Here's a ziped RoboPlus Task file showing a very simple HaViMo2 pan and tilt setup for looking towards the colour defined in palette 1 (I stripped down the camera2.tsk file provided by hamid_m and tinkered with it on a CM-510). Servo ID 19 was pan and ID 20 was tilt. It prints out a few values I was using for debugging. 1) Camera address [*] 2) Bounding box Max size (I was tinkering with the idea of ignoring values below a certain size) 3) the bounding box x centroid 4) the bounding box y centroid. Hope it's of some use:

--Gary

where is the output data of the object printed anyway?? robot terminal or havimo software, or?
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by garycmartin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 am

Post by garycmartin
Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:23 am

nyoo wrote:where is the output data of the object printed anyway?? robot terminal or havimo software, or?

I use RoboPlus Task, when you download a script to the robot the 'download complete' dialogue has two buttons, one is OK, the other is show output. There is also a show output icon in the toolbar. Just make sure you have the window open first, and leave the serial cable connected, before you run the program on the robot. If you're still stuck have a look at the RoboPlus Task help/manual, pretty sure the first example code it gives is how to write a script that just prints Hello World to the output.

--Gary
nyoo wrote:where is the output data of the object printed anyway?? robot terminal or havimo software, or?

I use RoboPlus Task, when you download a script to the robot the 'download complete' dialogue has two buttons, one is OK, the other is show output. There is also a show output icon in the toolbar. Just make sure you have the window open first, and leave the serial cable connected, before you run the program on the robot. If you're still stuck have a look at the RoboPlus Task help/manual, pretty sure the first example code it gives is how to write a script that just prints Hello World to the output.

--Gary
garycmartin offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by nyoo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by nyoo
Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:18 pm

wew, thanks for your advice!!! :D
finally i can operate it well, although it can only do pan and tilt!! :D
but there is still problem left for me.... when i try to program it to track a ball using roboplus, the camera won't work if its function for initializing is not called, unlike AX-S1 that can work without getting interrupted by other functions...it is really hard to make the robot arrange its position towards the ball...btw how can i make the camera work like that??

thx for answering :)
wew, thanks for your advice!!! :D
finally i can operate it well, although it can only do pan and tilt!! :D
but there is still problem left for me.... when i try to program it to track a ball using roboplus, the camera won't work if its function for initializing is not called, unlike AX-S1 that can work without getting interrupted by other functions...it is really hard to make the robot arrange its position towards the ball...btw how can i make the camera work like that??

thx for answering :)
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

HaViMo2 not found....

Post by nyoo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by nyoo
Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 pm

hello,
thx for every advice that is given to me in this forum till i can make it work and i can use it to track a ball, but now i get some different trouble with my havimo....

when i try to connect my havimo again (by using the same way that works well on my havimo :) ) i see on the havimo calibration program that my camera is not found.....but, before that problem occured, my havimo worked very well...and also i found no problem on my usb2dynamixel because it could be used to connect to other robotis devices...... btw, what is the problem that occurs on my havimo now actually????

*btw, if you don't mind, please answer my question above this post :p*
hello,
thx for every advice that is given to me in this forum till i can make it work and i can use it to track a ball, but now i get some different trouble with my havimo....

when i try to connect my havimo again (by using the same way that works well on my havimo :) ) i see on the havimo calibration program that my camera is not found.....but, before that problem occured, my havimo worked very well...and also i found no problem on my usb2dynamixel because it could be used to connect to other robotis devices...... btw, what is the problem that occurs on my havimo now actually????

*btw, if you don't mind, please answer my question above this post :p*
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Issues with CM-510

Post by luisgiii » Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by luisgiii
Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi, we are working with the Havimo 1.5 and with the CM-510, we know the example is for CM-5 somebody change the example to work with the CM-510 ? or which are the main differences between both modules ?
Thanks !.
Hi, we are working with the Havimo 1.5 and with the CM-510, we know the example is for CM-5 somebody change the example to work with the CM-510 ? or which are the main differences between both modules ?
Thanks !.
luisgiii offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Issues with CM-510

Post by garycmartin » Mon May 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by garycmartin
Mon May 23, 2011 10:49 pm

luisgiii wrote:Hi, we are working with the Havimo 1.5 and with the CM-510, we know the example is for CM-5 somebody change the example to work with the CM-510 ? or which are the main differences between both modules ?
Thanks !.

Hi. The script works fine on the CM-510 (that's what I was using here), but I'm not sure that the HaViMo1.5 will work with it. Pretty sure the HaViMo2 was the first version to work with RoboPlus Task (I waited for the HaViMo v2.0 release for just this feature).

--Gary
luisgiii wrote:Hi, we are working with the Havimo 1.5 and with the CM-510, we know the example is for CM-5 somebody change the example to work with the CM-510 ? or which are the main differences between both modules ?
Thanks !.

Hi. The script works fine on the CM-510 (that's what I was using here), but I'm not sure that the HaViMo1.5 will work with it. Pretty sure the HaViMo2 was the first version to work with RoboPlus Task (I waited for the HaViMo v2.0 release for just this feature).

--Gary
garycmartin offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by nyoo » Sun May 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by nyoo
Sun May 29, 2011 3:59 pm

garycmartin wrote:

--Gary

What can you tell me how to do work with two colors or more
garycmartin wrote:

--Gary

What can you tell me how to do work with two colors or more
nyoo offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by hamid_m » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 am

Post by hamid_m
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 am

Hi everyone,

before I go to my vacations, I would like to announce the code release of the new calibration program for the HaViMo:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/havimo/

The new client program is a port of the old one into Qt. Some additional features are included:

- camera parameters are now named and can be set with sliders and check boxes.
- parameters are read life from the camera, which is good for using auto exposure and auto white balance.

The program still supports only USB2Dynamixel, but as the next development step I will add an in system support of the module via CM5/510 or robobuilder RBC.

If any developers are interested in collaborating simply write me.

I would be glad to hear your feedback, and more glad if some of you can help me in the development.

Best regards,
Hamid.

PS: this is a copy of the original message I send in a separate new Topic.
Hi everyone,

before I go to my vacations, I would like to announce the code release of the new calibration program for the HaViMo:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/havimo/

The new client program is a port of the old one into Qt. Some additional features are included:

- camera parameters are now named and can be set with sliders and check boxes.
- parameters are read life from the camera, which is good for using auto exposure and auto white balance.

The program still supports only USB2Dynamixel, but as the next development step I will add an in system support of the module via CM5/510 or robobuilder RBC.

If any developers are interested in collaborating simply write me.

I would be glad to hear your feedback, and more glad if some of you can help me in the development.

Best regards,
Hamid.

PS: this is a copy of the original message I send in a separate new Topic.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hamid_m » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by hamid_m
Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm now back from vacations.
I worked a little bit more on the code and now following is available:

- Calibration and preview of the results using USB2Dynamixel
- Calibration and preview of the results using CM5 (in system calibration)
- Calibration and preview of the results using CM510 (in system calibration)

there is still some communication problems when reading the look up table back in CM5 and CM510 modes.

I also uploaded the binaries for windows, so everyone can easily download and test the program.

Best regards,
Hamid.

PS: Copy of the message. A new topic is created.
Hi everyone,

I'm now back from vacations.
I worked a little bit more on the code and now following is available:

- Calibration and preview of the results using USB2Dynamixel
- Calibration and preview of the results using CM5 (in system calibration)
- Calibration and preview of the results using CM510 (in system calibration)

there is still some communication problems when reading the look up table back in CM5 and CM510 modes.

I also uploaded the binaries for windows, so everyone can easily download and test the program.

Best regards,
Hamid.

PS: Copy of the message. A new topic is created.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

PreviousNext
PreviousNext