about Havimo2

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1

about Havimo2

Post by sahar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Post by sahar
Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 am

Hi :)
I have bought a havimo module from a local store but I could not found any information about it on the net.I have some questions:
1.Is it possible to use havimo2 without CM5 controller board(independently)?

2.After lots of searching on the net,I found that it is possible to interface Havimo to microcontroller through UART,can someone give me the information about pinout and wiring?

I heard that Havimo2 will be released in February 2010 !!
Why do i have it NOW?!?!?!? :shock:

Thanks
Hi :)
I have bought a havimo module from a local store but I could not found any information about it on the net.I have some questions:
1.Is it possible to use havimo2 without CM5 controller board(independently)?

2.After lots of searching on the net,I found that it is possible to interface Havimo to microcontroller through UART,can someone give me the information about pinout and wiring?

I heard that Havimo2 will be released in February 2010 !!
Why do i have it NOW?!?!?!? :shock:

Thanks
sahar offline

what

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 am

Post by UncleBob
Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 am

what is havimo2? :D
what is havimo2? :D
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hamid_m » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

Post by hamid_m
Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

Hi sahar,

What you have seems to be a beta version of HaViMo2 supporting Higher frame rate but no ROBOBUILDER and ROBOPLUS support.

Regarding to your questions:

1- Yes, you need to understand the communication protocol, then you can implement it on whatever platform.

2- The current documentation, which also holds for your product is available on Robosavvys product page. there you can find the info you need. more about the communication protocol can be found in the documentation of Dynamixel servos.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi sahar,

What you have seems to be a beta version of HaViMo2 supporting Higher frame rate but no ROBOBUILDER and ROBOPLUS support.

1- Yes, you need to understand the communication protocol, then you can implement it on whatever platform.

2- The current documentation, which also holds for your product is available on Robosavvys product page. there you can find the info you need. more about the communication protocol can be found in the documentation of Dynamixel servos.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by sahar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by sahar
Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

hamid_m wrote:Hi sahar,

Best regards,
Hamid.

thanks alot for your fast response.

another question:

is it shown in the picture UART?

Is the communication protocol of Havimo2 like Havimo1?

-

i couldn't find any library of Dynamixel communication for GCC Compiler(for AVR),could someone give me some information about it?

thanks
hamid_m wrote:Hi sahar,

Best regards,
Hamid.

thanks alot for your fast response.

another question:

is it shown in the picture UART?

Is the communication protocol of Havimo2 like Havimo1?

-

i couldn't find any library of Dynamixel communication for GCC Compiler(for AVR),could someone give me some information about it?

thanks
sahar offline

Re: what

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:30 pm

UncleBob wrote:what is havimo2? :D

Well, I suppose that you already know what havimo is, a Bioloid vision module, but... just in case...

Here the Havimo page

And here the video (it's the top "AX-12+" box):
phpBB [media]
UncleBob wrote:what is havimo2? :D

Well, I suppose that you already know what havimo is, a Bioloid vision module, but... just in case...

Here the Havimo page

And here the video (it's the top "AX-12+" box):
phpBB [media]
siempre.aprendiendo offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hamid_m » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Post by hamid_m
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi Sahar,

yes , but the RX line has already been driven by the buffer on the other side of the PCB. so you cannot use it freely in your version.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi Sahar,

yes , but the RX line has already been driven by the buffer on the other side of the PCB. so you cannot use it freely in your version.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Safri » Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Safri
Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 am

hello Hamid, i'm new member in this forum.
i have problem with havimo cam ver. 2.
when i used havimo cam for detection ball with distance over 1,5 meters, this havimo cam can't detection ball. how that the havimo cam can detection ball with distance over 1,5 meters???
and, plesae, can you share your program for bioloid robot using the vision module to play football like in the video???

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/hamid_m/DSCF2226.AVI

tanks for your answer Very Happy
hello Hamid, i'm new member in this forum.
i have problem with havimo cam ver. 2.
when i used havimo cam for detection ball with distance over 1,5 meters, this havimo cam can't detection ball. how that the havimo cam can detection ball with distance over 1,5 meters???
and, plesae, can you share your program for bioloid robot using the vision module to play football like in the video???

http://robosavvy.com/Builders/hamid_m/DSCF2226.AVI

tanks for your answer Very Happy
Safri offline

7 postsPage 1 of 1
7 postsPage 1 of 1