HaViMo 1.5 and dynamixel sdk

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

HaViMo 1.5 and dynamixel sdk

Post by ggismero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 am

Post by ggismero
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 am

Hello,

I'm using the dynamixel sdk (http://support.robotis.com/en/) to manage the comunication between the cm-510 and HaViMo, but, for some reason, I'm not being able to capture a frame.

If I only calibrate the HaViMo, then when reading the regions I get all zero's, but if during the calibration, I activate the recognition then, when I read the regions, I get always the last frame procesed so (by the calibration progrma), so I guess that the capture command I'm sending isn't working.

The code is as follow:
Code: Select all
#define HAVIMO_ID 100
unsigned int INST_CAPTURE = 0x0E;
dxl_set_txpacket_id(HAVIMO_ID);
dxl_set_txpacket_instruction(INST_CAPTURE);
dxl_set_txpacket_length(2);
dxl_tx_packet();

Does anybody used the dynamixel sdk? Can it be that the sdk is filtering the instruction CAPTURE becouse is out of the range of the "normal" instructions for the dynamixel (remeber than the read region command works, and uses the same instruction as READ for dynamixel)??

Thanks,
Gonzalo
Hello,

I'm using the dynamixel sdk (http://support.robotis.com/en/) to manage the comunication between the cm-510 and HaViMo, but, for some reason, I'm not being able to capture a frame.

If I only calibrate the HaViMo, then when reading the regions I get all zero's, but if during the calibration, I activate the recognition then, when I read the regions, I get always the last frame procesed so (by the calibration progrma), so I guess that the capture command I'm sending isn't working.

The code is as follow:
Code: Select all
#define HAVIMO_ID 100
unsigned int INST_CAPTURE = 0x0E;
dxl_set_txpacket_id(HAVIMO_ID);
dxl_set_txpacket_instruction(INST_CAPTURE);
dxl_set_txpacket_length(2);
dxl_tx_packet();

Does anybody used the dynamixel sdk? Can it be that the sdk is filtering the instruction CAPTURE becouse is out of the range of the "normal" instructions for the dynamixel (remeber than the read region command works, and uses the same instruction as READ for dynamixel)??

Thanks,
Gonzalo
ggismero offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by ggismero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by ggismero
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 pm

I answer myself.

As I suposed, the dxl_sdk was filtering the packets. I modified the source of the sdk so it accepts also the instruction 0x0E (frame capture), and it worked great.

Thanks,
Gonzalo
I answer myself.

As I suposed, the dxl_sdk was filtering the packets. I modified the source of the sdk so it accepts also the instruction 0x0E (frame capture), and it worked great.

Thanks,
Gonzalo
ggismero offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: HaViMo 1.5 and dynamixel sdk

Post by PandaVazquez » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Post by PandaVazquez
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Gonzalo.

I'm having that problem too, How did you solve it?

Thanks.
Hi Gonzalo.

I'm having that problem too, How did you solve it?

Thanks.
PandaVazquez offline

Re: HaViMo 1.5 and dynamixel sdk

Post by ggismero » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by ggismero
Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi,

In http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/grupos/mina ... ision2010/ you will find my project (havimo 1.5 vision for robotic soccer). Under "Programas" link (and scrolling down) you will find "Custom Dynamixel SDK 1.0" where you can download the modified library of dinamixel, accepting havimo package.

Good luck,
Gonzalo
Hi,

In http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/grupos/mina ... ision2010/ you will find my project (havimo 1.5 vision for robotic soccer). Under "Programas" link (and scrolling down) you will find "Custom Dynamixel SDK 1.0" where you can download the modified library of dinamixel, accepting havimo package.

Good luck,
Gonzalo
ggismero offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1