problems calibrating havimo2.0

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
10 postsPage 1 of 1
10 postsPage 1 of 1

Post by pheonix143 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 am

Post by pheonix143
Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 am

hi hamid.. i am using the havimo2.0 and i have connect it to ttl. however i cant get the camera to ping. thanks.
hi hamid.. i am using the havimo2.0 and i have connect it to ttl. however i cant get the camera to ping. thanks.
pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: problems calibrating havimo2.0

Post by HGM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by HGM
Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 pm

pheonix143 wrote:hi hamid.. i am using the havimo2.0 and i have connect it to ttl. however i cant get the camera to ping. thanks.

I've just gone through the process and it worked for me.

I wasn't able to get the GUI working properly with just a TTL connection. What worked in my case was a serial RS-232 connection between the USB2Dynamixel and CM-510 and then attaching the camera to one of the ports.

I found the s/w fairly slow and somewhat unstable but if I waited long enough the right things usually happened. That may have something to do with my setup or system.

I set the "Connection Type" to CM-510 and had to wait quite a while for a "Connection Port" number to show up. After that everything else worked.

Perhaps Hamid can add his own comments to this to clear up any misstatements I may have made.

Harry
pheonix143 wrote:hi hamid.. i am using the havimo2.0 and i have connect it to ttl. however i cant get the camera to ping. thanks.

I wasn't able to get the GUI working properly with just a TTL connection. What worked in my case was a serial RS-232 connection between the USB2Dynamixel and CM-510 and then attaching the camera to one of the ports.

I found the s/w fairly slow and somewhat unstable but if I waited long enough the right things usually happened. That may have something to do with my setup or system.

I set the "Connection Type" to CM-510 and had to wait quite a while for a "Connection Port" number to show up. After that everything else worked.

Perhaps Hamid can add his own comments to this to clear up any misstatements I may have made.

Harry
HGM offline

Post by pheonix143 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 am

Post by pheonix143
Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 am

i am currently using robo builder instead of robotis. I Connected the robobuilder RBC module to the camera then connect RBC module to USB2Dynamixel. I short the circuit as according to the PDF online: http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Sup ... aViMo2.pdf
Still no Ping Response. I am wondering how I can check if the camera is working at all.
i am currently using robo builder instead of robotis. I Connected the robobuilder RBC module to the camera then connect RBC module to USB2Dynamixel. I short the circuit as according to the PDF online: http://robosavvy.com/RoboSavvyPages/Sup ... aViMo2.pdf
Still no Ping Response. I am wondering how I can check if the camera is working at all.
pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by pheonix143 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 am

Post by pheonix143
Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 am

pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: problems calibrating havimo2.0

Post by hamid_m » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

Post by hamid_m
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

HGM wrote:

Harry

Hi Harry, Hi Pheonix

There may still be some bugs in the TTL part of the GUI, as it is just a few days old. I will look after them.
For the CM5/510 connection, after clicking the connect button, the program sends a TOSS command to the controller and waits for its response. This can take a few seconds. Maybe I should add a progress bar or something showing that the process is going on. There is also one needed when downloading the image form the camera.
One important thing is that you need to reduce the latency of your USB2Dyn to 1ms to have the fastest connection speed. See the documentation of the USB2Dyn for more info.

I will work further on the improvements.

Best regards,
Hamid.
HGM wrote:

Harry

Hi Harry, Hi Pheonix

There may still be some bugs in the TTL part of the GUI, as it is just a few days old. I will look after them.
For the CM5/510 connection, after clicking the connect button, the program sends a TOSS command to the controller and waits for its response. This can take a few seconds. Maybe I should add a progress bar or something showing that the process is going on. There is also one needed when downloading the image form the camera.
One important thing is that you need to reduce the latency of your USB2Dyn to 1ms to have the fastest connection speed. See the documentation of the USB2Dyn for more info.

I will work further on the improvements.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by pheonix143 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 am

Post by pheonix143
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Hamid!
i have already reduced the latency to 1ms. i am using robobuilder RBC to operate havimo instead of robotis. in addition i have also tried to update my driver. however i still recieve no reponse from the camera itself. its says no ping response in the gui. pls assist. thanks!
Hi Hamid!
i have already reduced the latency to 1ms. i am using robobuilder RBC to operate havimo instead of robotis. in addition i have also tried to update my driver. however i still recieve no reponse from the camera itself. its says no ping response in the gui. pls assist. thanks!
pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by hamid_m » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am

Post by hamid_m
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Pheonix,

would you please send me an image of you r hardware setup?

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi Pheonix,

would you please send me an image of you r hardware setup?

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by pheonix143 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

Post by pheonix143
Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

the picture below is the one that i tried to connect directly using havimo and usb2dynamixel.

the picture below is showing the connections that i tried using the RBC controller with havimo. in addition i also tried to short the 2 pins as instructed by the manual.

the last one pic shows what is shown on the GUI

thanks hamid. [/url]
the picture below is the one that i tried to connect directly using havimo and usb2dynamixel.

the picture below is showing the connections that i tried using the RBC controller with havimo. in addition i also tried to short the 2 pins as instructed by the manual.

the last one pic shows what is shown on the GUI

thanks hamid. [/url]
pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by hamid_m » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by hamid_m
Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Pheonix,

In the first configuration there are two mistakes:

if you use a USB2Dyn to connect to the module you don't need the short circuit anymore.
Also the module should be powered somehow one way is to use SMPS2Dynamixel. The other is to connect USB2Dyn through a CM5 or CM510 to the HaViMo.

For the Robobuilder connection you don't need the power part as it is supplied by the controller, but the short circuit is needed in this mode.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi Pheonix,

In the first configuration there are two mistakes:

if you use a USB2Dyn to connect to the module you don't need the short circuit anymore.
Also the module should be powered somehow one way is to use SMPS2Dynamixel. The other is to connect USB2Dyn through a CM5 or CM510 to the HaViMo.

For the Robobuilder connection you don't need the power part as it is supplied by the controller, but the short circuit is needed in this mode.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by pheonix143 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:01 am

Post by pheonix143
Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:01 am

hi hamid.

just to clarify i am using robobuilder so do i still need to buy a cm5 or cm150 to connect to havimo??

either way i still can use the robobuilder RBC to calibrate havimo right?
in addition i have short circuit the TTL however there is still no ping response.

thanks for all the assistance you have given me hamid.. really appreciated it.

best regards.
Kai
hi hamid.

just to clarify i am using robobuilder so do i still need to buy a cm5 or cm150 to connect to havimo??

either way i still can use the robobuilder RBC to calibrate havimo right?
in addition i have short circuit the TTL however there is still no ping response.

thanks for all the assistance you have given me hamid.. really appreciated it.

best regards.
Kai
pheonix143 offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

10 postsPage 1 of 1
10 postsPage 1 of 1