Problem using HaViMo with gyro callback- CM510

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Problem using HaViMo with gyro callback- CM510

Post by RedLabel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 am

Post by RedLabel
Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 am

Hello,
I am using a HaViMo 2.0 with my Bioloid premium kit (CM-510 controller).

Using RoboPlus Task, I have written a program which utilizes the HaViMo. the program works fine.
However, when I add the Gyro Callback (and the nccessary function that initializes the gyro) given in Robotis' program for the humanoid type A robot, it appears that the HaViMo stops functioning (I.E., the robot no longer detects colors, as it did without the callback).
Has anyone tried using the robot in this configuration (HaViMo+Gyro)?
If so, has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,
Amit.

P.S.: the same program without using the HaViMo (I.E., with fixed values instead of the HaViMo output values) also works fine.
Hello,
I am using a HaViMo 2.0 with my Bioloid premium kit (CM-510 controller).

Using RoboPlus Task, I have written a program which utilizes the HaViMo. the program works fine.
However, when I add the Gyro Callback (and the nccessary function that initializes the gyro) given in Robotis' program for the humanoid type A robot, it appears that the HaViMo stops functioning (I.E., the robot no longer detects colors, as it did without the callback).
Has anyone tried using the robot in this configuration (HaViMo+Gyro)?
If so, has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,
Amit.

P.S.: the same program without using the HaViMo (I.E., with fixed values instead of the HaViMo output values) also works fine.
RedLabel offline

Post by faris » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by faris
Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello, everyone.

I also got the same problem with Mr. RedLabel when i tried to use Havimo 2.0 with gyro-callback in RoboPlus Task and i still cannot use them together.
Is there any way to solve this problem??

Thanks,
Faris.
Hello, everyone.

I also got the same problem with Mr. RedLabel when i tried to use Havimo 2.0 with gyro-callback in RoboPlus Task and i still cannot use them together.
Is there any way to solve this problem??

Thanks,
Faris.
faris offline

Post by cssoh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:14 am

Post by cssoh
Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:14 am

I have also encountered the same problem. I added a HaViMo routine to the Humanoid Type A program to print the center co-ordinates of a red ball. The print out shows nothing but errors.

It appears HaViMo will not work with the callback function or vice versa. So I have to give up the gyro if I want to use the HaViMo on my humanoid robot.

Since this is a major setback, it will be good if we can get confirmation or otherwise from official sources so we don't waste time on this issue and can get on with other tasks.

Of course, if there is a solution or work-around, then it should be made known right away. This is what the forum is all about.

Hopefully, either way, I hope I don't have to wait too long for an answer.
I have also encountered the same problem. I added a HaViMo routine to the Humanoid Type A program to print the center co-ordinates of a red ball. The print out shows nothing but errors.

It appears HaViMo will not work with the callback function or vice versa. So I have to give up the gyro if I want to use the HaViMo on my humanoid robot.

Since this is a major setback, it will be good if we can get confirmation or otherwise from official sources so we don't waste time on this issue and can get on with other tasks.

Of course, if there is a solution or work-around, then it should be made known right away. This is what the forum is all about.

Hopefully, either way, I hope I don't have to wait too long for an answer.
cssoh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1