Can havimo2.0 support CM-530 ?

Created by Prof. Hamid Moballegh of The Robocup Humanoid Team of Freie Universität Berlin - fumanoids.de
22 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
22 postsPage 2 of 21, 2

Post by hamid_m » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 am

Post by hamid_m
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 am

Hi cssoh,

I got pretty surprised with the feedback and made a test today morning on several computers with different operating systems to find the issue.
All test scenarios did work well, even if we didn't reduce the latency of the serial port to 1ms.

So may I ask you for more details regarding your hardware configuration, and also your windows version. This can help us come further with the problem.

One more tip: it is almost(because I take no responsibility :)) impossible
to break anything when changing the firmwares. So you can safely continue experimenting and your heart will be fine ;)

I have already reported the bug to Robotis and hope they will soon fix it.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi cssoh,

I got pretty surprised with the feedback and made a test today morning on several computers with different operating systems to find the issue.
All test scenarios did work well, even if we didn't reduce the latency of the serial port to 1ms.

So may I ask you for more details regarding your hardware configuration, and also your windows version. This can help us come further with the problem.

One more tip: it is almost(because I take no responsibility :)) impossible
to break anything when changing the firmwares. So you can safely continue experimenting and your heart will be fine ;)

I have already reported the bug to Robotis and hope they will soon fix it.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by cssoh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 am

Post by cssoh
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:48 am

tks, hamid.

i am also surprised and disappointed with problems using the HaViMo with cm-530.

i am glad to be assured that switching the firmwares, with the lights all going off, will not harm the hardware of the cm-530.

My pc is an IBM Thinkpad T41, oldish but very reliable, running Win XP Service Pack 3. The serial port is set to 57600 bps and latency 1ms.

It is not just cm-530, I also have problems using the HaViMo with cm-510. sometimes it works beautifully but every now and then it will hang. it will keep on capturing image repeatedly.

i think there is an underlying issue with communication between HaViMo and cm-530 as well as cm-510.

the only way i have used HaViMo without problems both calibration and implementation mode, is with the old cm-5 but that is a very old controller and not useful any longer to me.

i hope you understand my frustration.

btw i hope other cm-530 users will participate in this forum to share their experience.

regards
tks, hamid.

i am also surprised and disappointed with problems using the HaViMo with cm-530.

i am glad to be assured that switching the firmwares, with the lights all going off, will not harm the hardware of the cm-530.

My pc is an IBM Thinkpad T41, oldish but very reliable, running Win XP Service Pack 3. The serial port is set to 57600 bps and latency 1ms.

It is not just cm-530, I also have problems using the HaViMo with cm-510. sometimes it works beautifully but every now and then it will hang. it will keep on capturing image repeatedly.

i think there is an underlying issue with communication between HaViMo and cm-530 as well as cm-510.

the only way i have used HaViMo without problems both calibration and implementation mode, is with the old cm-5 but that is a very old controller and not useful any longer to me.

i hope you understand my frustration.

btw i hope other cm-530 users will participate in this forum to share their experience.

regards
cssoh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by cssoh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 am

Post by cssoh
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 am

addendum to last post:

my cm-530 firmware version is 1.1975.

hope this helps
addendum to last post:

my cm-530 firmware version is 1.1975.

hope this helps
cssoh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

PC requirements to run HaViMo

Post by cssoh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:37 am

Post by cssoh
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:37 am

Btw hamid, what are the PC requirements to run HaViMo?

Shouldn't it be the same as for using RoboPlus since it is said to be compatible with RoboPlus?

I have been using my PC with RoboPlus without any trouble at all.
Btw hamid, what are the PC requirements to run HaViMo?

Shouldn't it be the same as for using RoboPlus since it is said to be compatible with RoboPlus?

I have been using my PC with RoboPlus without any trouble at all.
cssoh offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Can havimo2.0 support CM-530 ?

Post by Raymon » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Raymon
Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 am

Hi

I´m trying access boot loader (CM 530) through R+ Terminal, I was following the instructions provided by Robotics, but it is not working fine. I´m pressing shift + 3 button but nothing happens. I couldn´t find reset button, so I tried with start button. Turning on and turning off the device is not working as well because R+ Terminal don´t connect automatically and first I have to choose the port.

Connection is ok but CM 530 don´t recognize my Havimo2.0: [100:000(UNKUWN)]

I'll be very grateful if someone can support this issue

Thank you in advance and warm regards
Hi

I´m trying access boot loader (CM 530) through R+ Terminal, I was following the instructions provided by Robotics, but it is not working fine. I´m pressing shift + 3 button but nothing happens. I couldn´t find reset button, so I tried with start button. Turning on and turning off the device is not working as well because R+ Terminal don´t connect automatically and first I have to choose the port.

Connection is ok but CM 530 don´t recognize my Havimo2.0: [100:000(UNKUWN)]

I'll be very grateful if someone can support this issue

Thank you in advance and warm regards
Last edited by PaulL on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected spelling of "shift". ;)
Raymon offline

Post by Raymon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Raymon
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 am

I got it, the issue was in my keyboard because I´m using a Mac with Windows installed and I had to use alt key instead of shift key.

By the way, Ones I´m in boot loader mode I have choose the cm530.hex file downloaded from Havisys webpage and I got a "Bad command" message because the value is "out of range", so I´ll try alternative options
I got it, the issue was in my keyboard because I´m using a Mac with Windows installed and I had to use alt key instead of shift key.

By the way, Ones I´m in boot loader mode I have choose the cm530.hex file downloaded from Havisys webpage and I got a "Bad command" message because the value is "out of range", so I´ll try alternative options
Raymon offline

Post by hamid_m » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 am

Post by hamid_m
Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 am

Hi Raymon,

once you are in boot loader, you need to give the boot loader a load command ("L"+Enter) and then upload the file.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Hamid.
Hi Raymon,

once you are in boot loader, you need to give the boot loader a load command ("L"+Enter) and then upload the file.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Hamid.
hamid_m offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Previous
Previous
22 postsPage 2 of 21, 2
22 postsPage 2 of 21, 2