12 postsPage 1 of 1

RCB-3HV Upgrade

Post by PaulP » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by PaulP
Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:24 pm

I just noticed this News link

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2007/02/ko ... ases_.html

Here on this site.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Is it an upgrade to existing controllers as seems to be implied on Robospot and Kondo website and am I right in my interpretation that we have to post our RCB3's to the manufacturer for upgrading?
I just noticed this News link

http://www.robots-dreams.com/2007/02/ko ... ases_.html

Here on this site.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Is it an upgrade to existing controllers as seems to be implied on Robospot and Kondo website and am I right in my interpretation that we have to post our RCB3's to the manufacturer for upgrading?
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Big » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Big
Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm

I would also be interested to know when the RC3HV ships with the KHR-1HV as I am about to order mine. I will send an e-mail tonight and will hopefully have a reply when I wake up.

I will post if I get a useful response.
I would also be interested to know when the RC3HV ships with the KHR-1HV as I am about to order mine. I will send an e-mail tonight and will hopefully have a reply when I wake up.

I will post if I get a useful response.
Big offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulP » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 am

Post by PaulP
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:40 am

Have you had a reply yet Big?
Have you had a reply yet Big?
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MistStrider » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by MistStrider
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:27 pm

I checked out the link PaulP. It does read that way.

I wonder if the current version of the H2H3 will support the new firmware without having to be patched!? Have you seen anything regarding this in your hunting? I haven't found anything yet myself.
I checked out the link PaulP. It does read that way.

I wonder if the current version of the H2H3 will support the new firmware without having to be patched!? Have you seen anything regarding this in your hunting? I haven't found anything yet myself.
MistStrider offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by lampcov » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by lampcov
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Guys-

If you click this link http://tinyurl.com/268x2m it is a translation of the Kondo-Robots support page relating to the 3HV upgrade.

It appears some bots are shipping with this upgrade, you need to check the barcode on the board.

Otherwise you will need to ship the board to Kondo at your expense, and download the new version of H2H, which is on that link as well.

Good Luck,

Marc
Guys-

If you click this link http://tinyurl.com/268x2m it is a translation of the Kondo-Robots support page relating to the 3HV upgrade.

It appears some bots are shipping with this upgrade, you need to check the barcode on the board.

Otherwise you will need to ship the board to Kondo at your expense, and download the new version of H2H, which is on that link as well.

Good Luck,

Marc
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulP » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by PaulP
Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Marc

Thats the same translation I got from Yahoo. The page has changed since I first saw it.

- Commission- 3,000 Yen (including tax)

Thats about £12.00......

Update commission, the case where it dispatches from our company postage, generation pulling commission included.

I think this means you will be invoiced.....

- Payment methods-
Only generation pulling. Please pay to the delivery member the occasion where the commodity arrives.

There's the clincher.... Cash-On-Delivery.... if im not mistaken.

So no overseas facilities....
Hi Marc

Thats the same translation I got from Yahoo. The page has changed since I first saw it.

- Commission- 3,000 Yen (including tax)

Thats about £12.00......

Update commission, the case where it dispatches from our company postage, generation pulling commission included.

I think this means you will be invoiced.....

- Payment methods-
Only generation pulling. Please pay to the delivery member the occasion where the commodity arrives.

There's the clincher.... Cash-On-Delivery.... if im not mistaken.

So no overseas facilities....
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by lampcov » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by lampcov
Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Now if only there was someone who read this board, and was in Japan and might be kind enough to let you use their address......
Now if only there was someone who read this board, and was in Japan and might be kind enough to let you use their address......
lampcov offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulP » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by PaulP
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:11 pm

who might for a few quid(thousand yen)....
who might for a few quid(thousand yen)....
PaulP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:38 am

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:38 am

lampcov wrote:Now if only there was someone who read this board, and was in Japan and might be kind enough to let you use their address......

I'm kind, but not that kind... :D

Being responsible for importing/exporting and other people's electronic components is something I would definitely like to avoid. The place to start would be with the distributor that you bought the robot/RCB3 from. At this point, they may not know since the update seminar that I attended last Sunday was pre-release and limited to a maximum of 15 people.

To answer some of the questions already raised-

1- It's not a mandatory upgrade - if you're happy with the robots performance then you might want to wait a bit before upgrading to see if there are any bugs or problems.

2- The reason for the upgrade is added functions and features rather than bug fixes.

3- All motions/scenarios/settings (including gyro settings) need to be backed up before the upgrade since all data on the chip will be erased by the new firmware installation.

4- Existing motion sequences will need to be modified to work with the new firmware. The primary reason is the improved processing speed of branch objects (SET) will throw motion sequence timing off. The new RCB3 documentation goes through this in some detail (Japanese).

5- The original H2H3 and the H2H3J applications will not work correctly with the upgraded firmware - they don't support the new functionality. There's a new H2H3 version for use with the upgraded boards.

This implies that at least for now you wouldn't be able to use the English version of the software with an upgraded board since the only English version is for H2H3J.

In my particular case, I had one board upgraded and kept my other one untouched just in case I had to revert back to the original configuration.

Some of the other people in the seminar were really hot to try out the new firmware immediately, so I'm sure they will be posting about it on their blogs very soon. Actually, at the end of the seminar when they first started showing off the upgraded RCB3 in the modified KHR-1HV in the video clip, everyone burst into applause.

My schedule's pretty hectic, so it will probably be a week or two before I can free up the time to reinstall the board and start playing with it. I'll blog about what I find on Robots Dreams, of course. 8)
lampcov wrote:Now if only there was someone who read this board, and was in Japan and might be kind enough to let you use their address......

I'm kind, but not that kind... :D

Being responsible for importing/exporting and other people's electronic components is something I would definitely like to avoid. The place to start would be with the distributor that you bought the robot/RCB3 from. At this point, they may not know since the update seminar that I attended last Sunday was pre-release and limited to a maximum of 15 people.

To answer some of the questions already raised-

1- It's not a mandatory upgrade - if you're happy with the robots performance then you might want to wait a bit before upgrading to see if there are any bugs or problems.

2- The reason for the upgrade is added functions and features rather than bug fixes.

3- All motions/scenarios/settings (including gyro settings) need to be backed up before the upgrade since all data on the chip will be erased by the new firmware installation.

4- Existing motion sequences will need to be modified to work with the new firmware. The primary reason is the improved processing speed of branch objects (SET) will throw motion sequence timing off. The new RCB3 documentation goes through this in some detail (Japanese).

5- The original H2H3 and the H2H3J applications will not work correctly with the upgraded firmware - they don't support the new functionality. There's a new H2H3 version for use with the upgraded boards.

This implies that at least for now you wouldn't be able to use the English version of the software with an upgraded board since the only English version is for H2H3J.

In my particular case, I had one board upgraded and kept my other one untouched just in case I had to revert back to the original configuration.

Some of the other people in the seminar were really hot to try out the new firmware immediately, so I'm sure they will be posting about it on their blogs very soon. Actually, at the end of the seminar when they first started showing off the upgraded RCB3 in the modified KHR-1HV in the video clip, everyone burst into applause.

My schedule's pretty hectic, so it will probably be a week or two before I can free up the time to reinstall the board and start playing with it. I'll blog about what I find on Robots Dreams, of course. 8)
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MistStrider » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 am

Post by MistStrider
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 am

Thanks for the info chaps.

I think though I'm gonna hold off for a bit and get to grips with the current RC3. The thought off importing/exporting electronics kinda make my toes curl the wrong way :?

Besides I've only just got a new head for mine :lol:
Thanks for the info chaps.

I think though I'm gonna hold off for a bit and get to grips with the current RC3. The thought off importing/exporting electronics kinda make my toes curl the wrong way :?

Besides I've only just got a new head for mine :lol:
MistStrider offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Robo1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Robo1
Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 am

Just some info about the price of import/export.

I sent my board back for repair :oops:

It cost me 3.50 pounds to send, 15 pounds repair and postage back.

It took about 3 week from the time I posted it until it was back on my desk. The boards so small it fits in a small jiffy bag.

bren
Just some info about the price of import/export.

I sent my board back for repair :oops:

It cost me 3.50 pounds to send, 15 pounds repair and postage back.

It took about 3 week from the time I posted it until it was back on my desk. The boards so small it fits in a small jiffy bag.

bren
Robo1 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re:

Post by arronlee » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:24 am

Post by arronlee
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:24 am

lampcov wrote:Guys-

If you click this link
http://tinyurl.com/268x2m it is a translation of the Kondo-Robots support page relating to the 3HV upgrade.

It appears some bots are shipping with this upgrade, you need to
check the barcode on the board.

Good Luck,

Marc

Hi, lampcov.
I wonder whether the
barcode scanner I am testing these days can help with barcode reading process. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
lampcov wrote:Guys-

If you click this link
http://tinyurl.com/268x2m it is a translation of the Kondo-Robots support page relating to the 3HV upgrade.

It appears some bots are shipping with this upgrade, you need to
check the barcode on the board.

Good Luck,

Marc

Hi, lampcov.
I wonder whether the
barcode scanner I am testing these days can help with barcode reading process. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
arronlee offline

12 postsPage 1 of 1
12 postsPage 1 of 1