KHR-1 + EXTRA's for sale

KHR-1, KHR-2HV, KHR-3HV, ICS servos, RCB controllers and other Kondo products
12 postsPage 1 of 1
12 postsPage 1 of 1

KHR-1 + EXTRA's for sale

Post by nathankirchner » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 am

Post by nathankirchner
Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 am

Hi guys... here's the deal, I bought a KHR-1 and a load of extras after I finished my degree (in robotics, what else) thinking that on entering the work force I would be bored and I would have a lot of extra brain power to devote to doing something special... but.... instead I enrolled in a PhD (in robotics, what else) and now I have more thinking than I can poke a stick at and when I come home at the end of the day all I want to do is stare at the wall! That plus the fact that I enjoy the simply luxuries in life, like eating, paying rent, buying bus tickets, etc which is hard to do as a student has prompted me to sell my KHR-1 plus all the extra bits i bought for him.

I am selling...

1 x KHR-1 (including controller board, and battery charger)
4 x KRS-786 Digital servo's (That i bought as spares, or to add extra functions) (never used)
2 x 1100 mAh long life batteries (blue) (one of which never used)
1 x KAG-2 Gyro Stabilizer (never used)
1 x BlueSmirf Bluetooth to serial adapter for wireless action (never used)
and cable + CD

I got him about 6 months ago, assembled him and then have litterally done nothing... he has less than 1/2 and hours use! I assembled him, plugged him in, got him walking,.. did a quick teach... got distracted and he's been on my shelf ever since.

all is in mint condition... the only thing worth mentioning is that I changed the case on the battery charger so that it had an Australian plug on it.

If you are interested drop me a line at nathankirchner at gmail dot com or PM me.
Hi guys... here's the deal, I bought a KHR-1 and a load of extras after I finished my degree (in robotics, what else) thinking that on entering the work force I would be bored and I would have a lot of extra brain power to devote to doing something special... but.... instead I enrolled in a PhD (in robotics, what else) and now I have more thinking than I can poke a stick at and when I come home at the end of the day all I want to do is stare at the wall! That plus the fact that I enjoy the simply luxuries in life, like eating, paying rent, buying bus tickets, etc which is hard to do as a student has prompted me to sell my KHR-1 plus all the extra bits i bought for him.

I am selling...

1 x KHR-1 (including controller board, and battery charger)
4 x KRS-786 Digital servo's (That i bought as spares, or to add extra functions) (never used)
2 x 1100 mAh long life batteries (blue) (one of which never used)
1 x KAG-2 Gyro Stabilizer (never used)
1 x BlueSmirf Bluetooth to serial adapter for wireless action (never used)
and cable + CD

I got him about 6 months ago, assembled him and then have litterally done nothing... he has less than 1/2 and hours use! I assembled him, plugged him in, got him walking,.. did a quick teach... got distracted and he's been on my shelf ever since.

all is in mint condition... the only thing worth mentioning is that I changed the case on the battery charger so that it had an Australian plug on it.

If you are interested drop me a line at nathankirchner at gmail dot com or PM me.
nathankirchner offline

Post by jaho434 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:14 am

Post by jaho434
Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:14 am

If anyone is interested..... I know Nathan personally (We did our degree together in Australia) and can vouch for everything said above.

The robot has hardly been used and all gear is in top notch. I was going to buy it myself, but have decided to go with the Bioloid only becaue I'm interested in creating the Hexapod and Quadrapod robots as well.

This being my 4th post and all, my word probably doesn't count for much here....... but hey! :lol:
If anyone is interested..... I know Nathan personally (We did our degree together in Australia) and can vouch for everything said above.

The robot has hardly been used and all gear is in top notch. I was going to buy it myself, but have decided to go with the Bioloid only becaue I'm interested in creating the Hexapod and Quadrapod robots as well.

This being my 4th post and all, my word probably doesn't count for much here....... but hey! :lol:
jaho434 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by inaki » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by inaki
Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm

I don't know the price but KHR1 is a lot better in humanoid form than Bioloid. Perhaps you should get both.
I don't know the price but KHR1 is a lot better in humanoid form than Bioloid. Perhaps you should get both.
inaki offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaho434 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Post by jaho434
Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 pm

Too late!

What makes the KHR-1 better than the Bioloid Humanoid? Sure, KHR-1 has the plug-in gyros, but Bioloid has the exra DOF for each leg. I know you can add that to the KHR-1, but then all the extra costs start to add up.
Too late!

What makes the KHR-1 better than the Bioloid Humanoid? Sure, KHR-1 has the plug-in gyros, but Bioloid has the exra DOF for each leg. I know you can add that to the KHR-1, but then all the extra costs start to add up.
jaho434 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by inaki » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 pm

Post by inaki
Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 pm

Don't worry, Bioloid is a great tool!
I have found KHR1 easier to manage. I can get it to walk decently.
However Bioloid has the advantage of being almost an universal kit and the servos are much nicer too.

Thats why I advised to buy both kits (if khr1 is not too expensive), although you will be pleased with Bioloid for sure.
Don't worry, Bioloid is a great tool!
I have found KHR1 easier to manage. I can get it to walk decently.
However Bioloid has the advantage of being almost an universal kit and the servos are much nicer too.

Thats why I advised to buy both kits (if khr1 is not too expensive), although you will be pleased with Bioloid for sure.
inaki offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by jaho434 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Post by jaho434
Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:02 pm

Phew! 8O

You had me worried, Inaki!

I was so set on the Bioloid, so I ordered it....... and then you go say that?! Ha ha. If I had the money, I would buy both. But unfortunately, I had to choose only one.

Looking forward to the Bioloid!

PS: Back on topic...... Have you sold it, Nathan?
Phew! 8O

You had me worried, Inaki!

I was so set on the Bioloid, so I ordered it....... and then you go say that?! Ha ha. If I had the money, I would buy both. But unfortunately, I had to choose only one.

Looking forward to the Bioloid!

PS: Back on topic...... Have you sold it, Nathan?
jaho434 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by nathankirchner » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 am

Post by nathankirchner
Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 am

I think its sold... but no cash has changed hands... yet
I think its sold... but no cash has changed hands... yet
nathankirchner offline

Post by nathankirchner » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by nathankirchner
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 pm

No word from the prospective buyer and no deposit so I guess the KHR is back on the market!!

anyone interested?
No word from the prospective buyer and no deposit so I guess the KHR is back on the market!!

anyone interested?
nathankirchner offline

Post by TheDeadLives » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by TheDeadLives
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:45 pm

I´m interested, see pm
I´m interested, see pm
TheDeadLives offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by RoboFlop » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by RoboFlop
Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

:shock: if its taken him nearly 7 years to sell it, its probably no good :roll:
:shock: if its taken him nearly 7 years to sell it, its probably no good :roll:
RoboFlop offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by TheDeadLives » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by TheDeadLives
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm

So, you are not selling the robot any longer?
So, you are not selling the robot any longer?
TheDeadLives offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by TheDeadLives » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by TheDeadLives
Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Michael you are the owner of the robot?
Michael you are the owner of the robot?
TheDeadLives offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

12 postsPage 1 of 1