Thinking about selling your robot? Advertise it here
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

PcDuino with Kinect

Post by anshulvj » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by anshulvj
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi,

I'm a newbie to mini PCs (I've used Arduino previously, to control wheeled robots). I'm working on Kinect point cloud-based obstacle detection project, and moreover, I'm planning to add this system on top of a robot. The basic idea is that kinect would gather point cloud information which my code can then process to detect (and identify) obstacles. Since pcduino can host ubuntu, I was thinking Kinect can work with openni on pcduino, the way it works on my laptop. On my laptop, I've integrated "Processing" openni point cloud output to my code (currently matlab, but can port to C++), which then processes the point cloud information. I was hoping similar stuff can be done on a pcduino. The only main question I have is, does the pcduino have enough hardware to collect the point cloud information?; I can handle the rest.

Has anyone attempted to use pcduino (specifically, or any other type of board) with kinect? I looked online but the closest thing I could find is an example of Raspberry Pi with Asus xtion, with no additional details on hurdles, if any.
Hi,

I'm a newbie to mini PCs (I've used Arduino previously, to control wheeled robots). I'm working on Kinect point cloud-based obstacle detection project, and moreover, I'm planning to add this system on top of a robot. The basic idea is that kinect would gather point cloud information which my code can then process to detect (and identify) obstacles. Since pcduino can host ubuntu, I was thinking Kinect can work with openni on pcduino, the way it works on my laptop. On my laptop, I've integrated "Processing" openni point cloud output to my code (currently matlab, but can port to C++), which then processes the point cloud information. I was hoping similar stuff can be done on a pcduino. The only main question I have is, does the pcduino have enough hardware to collect the point cloud information?; I can handle the rest.

Has anyone attempted to use pcduino (specifically, or any other type of board) with kinect? I looked online but the closest thing I could find is an example of Raspberry Pi with Asus xtion, with no additional details on hurdles, if any.
anshulvj offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1