Custom built or hacked Electronic boards and sensors
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Zig2serial Problem

Post by nepotech » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 am

Post by nepotech
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 am

Hi All,

I have zig2serial,zig100 and zig110. I connect the zig110 to atmega16, ang zig100+zig2serial in PC.
I sending a data from zig110 to zig100+zig2serial. I see the indicator RX in zig2serial is blink, but i can't read the data
from my computer.
I using C# code program to reading zig2serial data.

Any solution for this problem?
Please help me.

Thanks for all.
Hi All,

I have zig2serial,zig100 and zig110. I connect the zig110 to atmega16, ang zig100+zig2serial in PC.
I sending a data from zig110 to zig100+zig2serial. I see the indicator RX in zig2serial is blink, but i can't read the data
from my computer.
I using C# code program to reading zig2serial data.

Any solution for this problem?
Please help me.

Thanks for all.
nepotech offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Zig2serial Problem

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

Do you receive absolutely nothing?
There is no data to read? (serialPort.BytesToRead)

The divide and conquer tactic,
- create the most simple PC program to receive data, so you are sending data correctly (CM-5xx->PC Test code)
- cerate the most simple CM-5xx program to send data, testing that you are receiving data correctly (CM-5xx Test code->PC)

- If all works you could continue adding code step to step until it fails or your initial program works.
- If all fails, probably you should learn a little more about it, search articles, books, tutorials, examples... you may find some help at http://softwaresouls.com/softwaresouls/tag/serial-port/
- If a part fails you can focus in that part to find and fix the problem

Hope it helps :)
Do you receive absolutely nothing?
There is no data to read? (serialPort.BytesToRead)

The divide and conquer tactic,
- create the most simple PC program to receive data, so you are sending data correctly (CM-5xx->PC Test code)
- cerate the most simple CM-5xx program to send data, testing that you are receiving data correctly (CM-5xx Test code->PC)

- If all works you could continue adding code step to step until it fails or your initial program works.
- If all fails, probably you should learn a little more about it, search articles, books, tutorials, examples... you may find some help at http://softwaresouls.com/softwaresouls/tag/serial-port/
- If a part fails you can focus in that part to find and fix the problem

Hope it helps :)
siempre.aprendiendo offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: Zig2serial Problem

Post by nepotech » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:15 am

Post by nepotech
Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks for your reply siempre.

I have read data from zig2serial using c#. i found my problem. the problem is switch usb2dinamyxel (rs232 switch) is bad contact. i repair it, and i found my solution.
Thanks for your reply siempre.

I have read data from zig2serial using c#. i found my problem. the problem is switch usb2dinamyxel (rs232 switch) is bad contact. i repair it, and i found my solution.
nepotech offline
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1