Custom built or hacked Electronic boards and sensors
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

O2 Sensor

Post by Hypnotist56 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Hypnotist56
Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Hey guys -
I've been looking to find an oxygen sensor that fits certain criteria. I've been looking through oxygen sensors on Google and I can't really figure out what kinds of inexpensive oxygen sensors are available that aren't meant to go inside car exhausts. I would really appreciate it if someone here could help me in this regard, or at least post a link to a website that sells sensors which might peddle the kind of sensor I'm looking for! I'm looking to buy just a few now, but in the future, if all goes well, I might be ordering a few thousand.

Criteria:
Reasonable price (less than $150, excluding shipping, except if shipping costs more than $25)
Resistant to and unaffected by soot; sensor will be placed in a house hold chimney and should be well suited to EPA standards of soot in chimney smoke.
Sensor's readings should be accurate to within half a percent oxygen concentration in air, or more accurate
Sensor's operating temperature must be between 50 C and 500 C (i.e, a sensor that operates at 200 C to 300 C is just fine - we can adjust where we place the sensor in the chimney to allow for temperature adjustment near sensor position)
Oxygen sensor will have to deal with the moisture present in a house hold chimney (

Accuracy isn't as important as being rugged and resistant to extreme soot build up.

I'm also looking for a carbon monoxide sensor - this would operate in the same conditions as above, but accuracy obviously needs to be much more accurate - measuring on a ppm scale seems to be a good idea for our application.

Thanks so much!
Hey guys -
I've been looking to find an oxygen sensor that fits certain criteria. I've been looking through oxygen sensors on Google and I can't really figure out what kinds of inexpensive oxygen sensors are available that aren't meant to go inside car exhausts. I would really appreciate it if someone here could help me in this regard, or at least post a link to a website that sells sensors which might peddle the kind of sensor I'm looking for! I'm looking to buy just a few now, but in the future, if all goes well, I might be ordering a few thousand.

Criteria:
Reasonable price (less than $150, excluding shipping, except if shipping costs more than $25)
Resistant to and unaffected by soot; sensor will be placed in a house hold chimney and should be well suited to EPA standards of soot in chimney smoke.
Sensor's readings should be accurate to within half a percent oxygen concentration in air, or more accurate
Sensor's operating temperature must be between 50 C and 500 C (i.e, a sensor that operates at 200 C to 300 C is just fine - we can adjust where we place the sensor in the chimney to allow for temperature adjustment near sensor position)
Oxygen sensor will have to deal with the moisture present in a house hold chimney (

Accuracy isn't as important as being rugged and resistant to extreme soot build up.

I'm also looking for a carbon monoxide sensor - this would operate in the same conditions as above, but accuracy obviously needs to be much more accurate - measuring on a ppm scale seems to be a good idea for our application.

Thanks so much!
Hypnotist56 offline

Post by markspend » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by markspend
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey Guys my name is Mark.As you know that carbon monoxide detector is a device that detects the presence of the co gas in order to prevent carbon poisoning. If you want to knowing various sensors of Co monoxide including price then you must visit that url:
Hey Guys my name is Mark.As you know that carbon monoxide detector is a device that detects the presence of the co gas in order to prevent carbon poisoning. If you want to knowing various sensors of Co monoxide including price then you must visit that url:
markspend offline

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1