Testing of BCM26P Tiny Camera for my Bot!

Custom built or hacked Electronic boards and sensors
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Testing of BCM26P Tiny Camera for my Bot!

Post by PaulL » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by PaulL
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Below is an image capture taken using a Hauppauge USB-Live2 NTSC to USB capture / adapter and a BCM26P camera.

The camera is VERY tiny, something I can integrate into the head of my RN1. I searched high and low for a camera board that would fit in the head, and this is more than suitable.

Not a bad camera, I'm actually fairly impressed for the price and particularly for the size.

http://www.pcsurveillance.net/bcm26p-1-8-dsp-color-cdc-board-420-tvl-1-lux-3-7mm-pinhole-lens-dc-3-5v/

I'll de-shell the USB-Live2 to save some space and direct wire both the camera and the capture device to do away with the bulky cables.

The camera doesn't compare to modern digital cameras, but it doesn't have to. I think this will do fine as a low bandwidth source for vision data to process. :)

Below is an image capture taken using a Hauppauge USB-Live2 NTSC to USB capture / adapter and a BCM26P camera.

The camera is VERY tiny, something I can integrate into the head of my RN1. I searched high and low for a camera board that would fit in the head, and this is more than suitable.

Not a bad camera, I'm actually fairly impressed for the price and particularly for the size.

http://www.pcsurveillance.net/bcm26p-1-8-dsp-color-cdc-board-420-tvl-1-lux-3-7mm-pinhole-lens-dc-3-5v/

I'll de-shell the USB-Live2 to save some space and direct wire both the camera and the capture device to do away with the bulky cables.

The camera doesn't compare to modern digital cameras, but it doesn't have to. I think this will do fine as a low bandwidth source for vision data to process. :)

PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PaulL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by PaulL
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Below is a picture of the camera and de-cased USB-Live 2 adapter board along with a microSD card and Hitec servo for size comparison...

About the camera - the back of it does get quite warm. Also, picture is oriented upright when wires are pointing up.

For mounting, I'll cut a hole for the round part of the camera body. As you can see, the black plastic is round at the front, up to a square base - the mount will be flush with the square base. I'll swap out the rigid wiring on the camera with something more flexible so as not to strain the connection. Signals on the camera are Vid out, Gnd, and Power (3 to 5v).
Below is a picture of the camera and de-cased USB-Live 2 adapter board along with a microSD card and Hitec servo for size comparison...

About the camera - the back of it does get quite warm. Also, picture is oriented upright when wires are pointing up.

For mounting, I'll cut a hole for the round part of the camera body. As you can see, the black plastic is round at the front, up to a square base - the mount will be flush with the square base. I'll swap out the rigid wiring on the camera with something more flexible so as not to strain the connection. Signals on the camera are Vid out, Gnd, and Power (3 to 5v).
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1