3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

UDOO a mini PC

Post by nicolas gomez » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by nicolas gomez
Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:10 pm

HII all !!!

here a kickstarter projects call UDOO

UDOO is a mini PC that could run either Android or Linux, with an Arduino-compatible board embedded.

UDOO board:

UDOO is a powerful prototyping board for software development and design, it’s easy to use and with a few steps you can start using it and creating your projects with minimum knowledge.

UDOO merges different computing worlds in one; each world has its strengths and weaknesses, and all of them are useful today in education as well as Do-It-Yourself (DIY) and rapid prototyping endeavours.

UDOO is an open hardware, low-cost computer equipped with an ARM i.MX6 Freescale processor for Android and Linux, alongside Arduino DUE’s ARM SAM3X, both CPU integrated on the same board!

UDOO’s size is 4.33 inch x 3.35 inch (11 cm x 8.5 cm) and it has low power consumption.

The power of 4 Raspberry PI + Arduino DUE functionality = UDOO
UDOO goals:

Develop an innovative product for a growing market
Give a new vision to the educational framework: the idea is to train up a new generation of engineers, designers and software developers skilled in digital technology: physical computing, multi-media arts, interactive arts, IoT...
Boost up the DIY world
Offer a low cost embedded platform for interactive art with powerful tools: Processing, OpenCV, PureData, openFramework
Provide companies with a great tool for fast prototyping

UDOO specifications

UDOO is a very powerful board based on dual or quad core ARM cortex-A9 CPU with great performance both on Android and Linux OS, and a dedicated ARM processor for the GPIO.

UDOO's ARM CPUs, Arduino compatible pinout, connections.
Freescale i.MX 6 ARM Cortex-A9 CPU Dua/Quad core 1GHz
Integrated graphics, each processor provides 3 separated accelerators for 2D, OpenGL® ES2.0 3D and OpenVG™
Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (same as Arduino Due)
RAM DDR3 1GB
54 Digital I/O + Analog Input (Arduino-compatible R3 1.0 pinout)
HDMI and LVDS + Touch (I2C signals)
Ethernet RJ45 (10/100/1000 MBit)
WiFi Module
Mini USB and Mini USB OTG
USB type A (x2) and USB connector (requires a specific wire)
Analog Audio and Mic
SATA (Only Quad-Core version)
Camera connection
Micro SD (boot device)
Power Supply (5-12V) and External Battery connector
UDOO is an open-source hardware project, all the schematics will be available on the UDOO web site licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.

There will be two models of the UDOO board.

The UDOO DUAL has a i.MX6 dual-core processor and a $109 price (although early bird Kickstarter backers can snag it for $99),

the UDOO QUAD has an i.MX6 quad-core processor and a SATA connector. That model will sell for $129, but early backers can reserve one for a pledge of $119.

phpBB [media]
[
[/img]
HII all !!!

here a kickstarter projects call UDOO

UDOO is a mini PC that could run either Android or Linux, with an Arduino-compatible board embedded.

UDOO board:

UDOO is a powerful prototyping board for software development and design, it’s easy to use and with a few steps you can start using it and creating your projects with minimum knowledge.

UDOO merges different computing worlds in one; each world has its strengths and weaknesses, and all of them are useful today in education as well as Do-It-Yourself (DIY) and rapid prototyping endeavours.

UDOO is an open hardware, low-cost computer equipped with an ARM i.MX6 Freescale processor for Android and Linux, alongside Arduino DUE’s ARM SAM3X, both CPU integrated on the same board!

UDOO’s size is 4.33 inch x 3.35 inch (11 cm x 8.5 cm) and it has low power consumption.

The power of 4 Raspberry PI + Arduino DUE functionality = UDOO
UDOO goals:

Develop an innovative product for a growing market
Give a new vision to the educational framework: the idea is to train up a new generation of engineers, designers and software developers skilled in digital technology: physical computing, multi-media arts, interactive arts, IoT...
Boost up the DIY world
Offer a low cost embedded platform for interactive art with powerful tools: Processing, OpenCV, PureData, openFramework
Provide companies with a great tool for fast prototyping

UDOO specifications

UDOO is a very powerful board based on dual or quad core ARM cortex-A9 CPU with great performance both on Android and Linux OS, and a dedicated ARM processor for the GPIO.

UDOO's ARM CPUs, Arduino compatible pinout, connections.
Freescale i.MX 6 ARM Cortex-A9 CPU Dua/Quad core 1GHz
Integrated graphics, each processor provides 3 separated accelerators for 2D, OpenGL® ES2.0 3D and OpenVG™
Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (same as Arduino Due)
RAM DDR3 1GB
54 Digital I/O + Analog Input (Arduino-compatible R3 1.0 pinout)
HDMI and LVDS + Touch (I2C signals)
Ethernet RJ45 (10/100/1000 MBit)
WiFi Module
Mini USB and Mini USB OTG
USB type A (x2) and USB connector (requires a specific wire)
Analog Audio and Mic
SATA (Only Quad-Core version)
Camera connection
Micro SD (boot device)
Power Supply (5-12V) and External Battery connector
UDOO is an open-source hardware project, all the schematics will be available on the UDOO web site licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.

There will be two models of the UDOO board.

The UDOO DUAL has a i.MX6 dual-core processor and a $109 price (although early bird Kickstarter backers can snag it for $99),

the UDOO QUAD has an i.MX6 quad-core processor and a SATA connector. That model will sell for $129, but early backers can reserve one for a pledge of $119.

phpBB [media]
[
[/img]
nicolas gomez offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by limor
Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

It sounds like the best thing since RoBoard for robotics integration.
There is proliferation of CPU power in the ARM offerings. so by end of the year, this board may be "previous generation" although there may be an in-place replacement for the CPU.

They need to focus on kernel drivers support, showcasing some nice robots and I/O. Also, if they can show some real-time functionality on the serial or GPIO pins (ie: 1/1000 second guaranteed subroutine call upon external signal) while normal O/S is running, then this can be used for fast closed loop applications such precision robot arms and small humanoids dynamic gaits
It sounds like the best thing since RoBoard for robotics integration.
There is proliferation of CPU power in the ARM offerings. so by end of the year, this board may be "previous generation" although there may be an in-place replacement for the CPU.

They need to focus on kernel drivers support, showcasing some nice robots and I/O. Also, if they can show some real-time functionality on the serial or GPIO pins (ie: 1/1000 second guaranteed subroutine call upon external signal) while normal O/S is running, then this can be used for fast closed loop applications such precision robot arms and small humanoids dynamic gaits
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 am

Post by limor
Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 am

There's also some development around porting LinuxCNC to ARM which will provide a hard real-time environment for sending precisely timed signals to stepper motor controllers at hundreds of kiloherz.
There's also some development around porting LinuxCNC to ARM which will provide a hard real-time environment for sending precisely timed signals to stepper motor controllers at hundreds of kiloherz.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1