1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Brain Power - DC to DC Converter...

Post by PaulL » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by PaulL
Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 pm

I found and bought a couple of these, Naos Raptor series:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NSR020A0X43Z/555-1139-ND/1964566

They're rated at 20 amps, very efficient and compact for their rating.

I'll use this to feed 5v to my Kontron PicoITX 1.6 Ghz board.

I'd like to power the PC board AND the hands (MKS DS-450 servos require 5v, won't take more!) from one of these, but I won't know if that's going to work until I test it (noise, etc).

On that same note, I found that BatchPCB (Sparkfun's board service) went defunct and customers are being pointed to OSHPark.com - seems to be a better, faster service. I'm probably going to end up making a custom controller board to host an STM32F103CBT, PWM connections, a PCA9685, gyro / accelerometer, a stereo audio amp, and one or two of these DC to DC converters - and probably a few connections for some sensors. The nice thing about OSH Park is they'll take a .brd file from Eagle - doesn't get any simpler than that.

I've got about all of the components I'd want as separate boards, but I'm doubtful that I could get it all to fit in the space I have available on my revised torso design. I can pack things in tighter with a custom design. ;)
I found and bought a couple of these, Naos Raptor series:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NSR020A0X43Z/555-1139-ND/1964566

They're rated at 20 amps, very efficient and compact for their rating.

I'll use this to feed 5v to my Kontron PicoITX 1.6 Ghz board.

I'd like to power the PC board AND the hands (MKS DS-450 servos require 5v, won't take more!) from one of these, but I won't know if that's going to work until I test it (noise, etc).

On that same note, I found that BatchPCB (Sparkfun's board service) went defunct and customers are being pointed to OSHPark.com - seems to be a better, faster service. I'm probably going to end up making a custom controller board to host an STM32F103CBT, PWM connections, a PCA9685, gyro / accelerometer, a stereo audio amp, and one or two of these DC to DC converters - and probably a few connections for some sensors. The nice thing about OSH Park is they'll take a .brd file from Eagle - doesn't get any simpler than that.

I've got about all of the components I'd want as separate boards, but I'm doubtful that I could get it all to fit in the space I have available on my revised torso design. I can pack things in tighter with a custom design. ;)
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1