LATHON, dual nozzle 3D Printer

3D printers, custom projects and parts for enhancing your robot or creating one from scratch.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

LATHON, dual nozzle 3D Printer

Post by injoi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 am

Post by injoi
Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 am

Hey Everyone,

My name is Nohtal Partansky and I have created the LATHON 3D Printer. The printer has two nozzles so it can print in dual materials or dual colors. Below the blue is ABS and the red is Thermoplastic Elastomer. This are examples of the printer's ability to create overmolded prototypes.
The LATHON also stands out from the crowd because it has an enclosed 12"x9"x8" build volume. As you know any sort of gust can ruin a layer of a print and thus ruining the entire print. By enclosing the print volume the temperature fluctuations that cause errors are gone. I also wanted it the printer to have a big build area so I could make awesome/useful parts. This is a custom fit Iron Man Helmet I made for myself out of 3 solid pieces of PLA.

I wanted to make this printer for those of us that are tired of all-thread and low quality hardware. If you have any questions please ask me or check out my kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103495594/lathon-3d-printer.

-Nohtal
Hey Everyone,

My name is Nohtal Partansky and I have created the LATHON 3D Printer. The printer has two nozzles so it can print in dual materials or dual colors. Below the blue is ABS and the red is Thermoplastic Elastomer. This are examples of the printer's ability to create overmolded prototypes.
The LATHON also stands out from the crowd because it has an enclosed 12"x9"x8" build volume. As you know any sort of gust can ruin a layer of a print and thus ruining the entire print. By enclosing the print volume the temperature fluctuations that cause errors are gone. I also wanted it the printer to have a big build area so I could make awesome/useful parts. This is a custom fit Iron Man Helmet I made for myself out of 3 solid pieces of PLA.

I wanted to make this printer for those of us that are tired of all-thread and low quality hardware. If you have any questions please ask me or check out my kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103495594/lathon-3d-printer.

-Nohtal
injoi offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1