Automatic multiple printing on Makerbot Replicator 2

3D printers, custom projects and parts for enhancing your robot or creating one from scratch.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Automatic multiple printing on Makerbot Replicator 2

Post by MarcoP » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by MarcoP
Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi guys.

Now that we are doing several projects that require the use of the 3d printers, machine time is becoming an issue.

One of the things that take up a lot of time is the printing of samples for potential clients. We need several a day.
One of the samples we are sending is a small owl that takes 1 hour to print.

It would be great if the printer could remove the owl by itself and start a new printer. But who says it can´t?

phpBB [media]

This is done by adding a few extra lines of Gcode at the end of the file. Of course i would only recommend this for tall parts with a small base that detach easily.
Also we are using an alternative painters tape that releases the parts more easily.

Using this we managed to get 4 prints in a row overnight.
Next step is to use a filament counter to check if filament has run out or extruder has become blocked and shutdows the machine.

Regards
Hi guys.

Now that we are doing several projects that require the use of the 3d printers, machine time is becoming an issue.

One of the things that take up a lot of time is the printing of samples for potential clients. We need several a day.
One of the samples we are sending is a small owl that takes 1 hour to print.

It would be great if the printer could remove the owl by itself and start a new printer. But who says it can´t?

phpBB [media]

This is done by adding a few extra lines of Gcode at the end of the file. Of course i would only recommend this for tall parts with a small base that detach easily.
Also we are using an alternative painters tape that releases the parts more easily.

Using this we managed to get 4 prints in a row overnight.
Next step is to use a filament counter to check if filament has run out or extruder has become blocked and shutdows the machine.

Regards
MarcoP offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MarcoP » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by MarcoP
Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi

I have elaborated on this:

phpBB [media]

And also shared in Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42369