Makerbot 2X Estimated Delivery

3D printers, custom projects and parts for enhancing your robot or creating one from scratch.
9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1

Makerbot 2X Estimated Delivery

Post by mark133 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 am

Post by mark133
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 am

Are there any updates when the first batch will be arriving last I heard it was the 14th of March
Are there any updates when the first batch will be arriving last I heard it was the 14th of March
mark133

Post by Gort » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Gort
Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

They are out in the wild here is a link to the makerbot user group. A person took pictures of their R2x.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/makerbo ... AFT83yEoEJ
They are out in the wild here is a link to the makerbot user group. A person took pictures of their R2x.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/makerbo ... AFT83yEoEJ
Gort
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by mark133 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by mark133
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Cheers for that!! I suppose I was really asking if anyone knows when robosavvy are due to get their first batch?
Cheers for that!! I suppose I was really asking if anyone knows when robosavvy are due to get their first batch?
mark133

Post by mark133 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by mark133
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Have just heard the first batch is not leaving the US until the 18th of March so the should arrive in the following days :(
Have just heard the first batch is not leaving the US until the 18th of March so the should arrive in the following days :(
mark133

Post by PedroR » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Mark

You're right, according to the information we have from Makerbot, (part of) the first batch of 2Xs will be dispatched from the US on the 18th.
Factoring in the transit time, customs procedures et all we expect to deliver the first units to customer closer to the end of the month.

The second part of this first batch is delayed by a few more days. Those machines should be heading to customers a few days after the ones from the first shipment.

Interest on the 2X has been picking up rapidly and has been increasing steadily.

We don't yet have a 2X in your lab either so we're also keen to get out hands on one and test it.

As a side note, the software improvements that Makerbot just released for Dual Extrusion (firmware 7.2 and Makerware 2.0) are backwards compatible with the Replicator DUAL (the wooden one).

We have one of those older ones in the Lab and the new software updates brings amazing improvements in print quality (we've printed at 150 microns, done dual extrusion with water soluble support material, etc.) on this older machine so I can imagine what the 2X will do.
Hi Mark

You're right, according to the information we have from Makerbot, (part of) the first batch of 2Xs will be dispatched from the US on the 18th.
Factoring in the transit time, customs procedures et all we expect to deliver the first units to customer closer to the end of the month.

The second part of this first batch is delayed by a few more days. Those machines should be heading to customers a few days after the ones from the first shipment.

Interest on the 2X has been picking up rapidly and has been increasing steadily.

We don't yet have a 2X in your lab either so we're also keen to get out hands on one and test it.

As a side note, the software improvements that Makerbot just released for Dual Extrusion (firmware 7.2 and Makerware 2.0) are backwards compatible with the Replicator DUAL (the wooden one).

We have one of those older ones in the Lab and the new software updates brings amazing improvements in print quality (we've printed at 150 microns, done dual extrusion with water soluble support material, etc.) on this older machine so I can imagine what the 2X will do.
PedroR
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by mark133 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 am

Post by mark133
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks Pedro, so you estimate people in the 1st batch should receive there 2x between the 25th and 28th of March?
Thanks Pedro, so you estimate people in the 1st batch should receive there 2x between the 25th and 28th of March?
mark133

Post by PedroR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:42 am

Post by PedroR
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Mark

Yes, those are the expected dates we have.

It is important to bear in mind these dates are dependant on Makerbot delivering the machines.
In the past there have been some occasions where Makerbot had to delay the shipments by a few days for one reason or the other.
We try to stay in touch with them and follow the progress closely to be able to keep customers updated.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi Mark

It is important to bear in mind these dates are dependant on Makerbot delivering the machines.
In the past there have been some occasions where Makerbot had to delay the shipments by a few days for one reason or the other.
We try to stay in touch with them and follow the progress closely to be able to keep customers updated.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by mark133 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by mark133
Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 pm

PedroR wrote:Hi Mark

Regards
Pedro.

Hi Pedro
Any updates?
PedroR wrote:Hi Mark

Regards
Pedro.

Hi Pedro
Any updates?
mark133

Post by PedroR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by PedroR
Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi Mark

The _first part_ of the first batch of 2Xs (the initial batch of 2Xs was split as I explained in my previous post) was collected from the US yesterday so we're looking at delivering the first machines within the timescale I mentioned (delivery before EOM).

These will be the first Replicator 2X machines to arrive in the UK.

The second part of this first batch is apparently running a few days behind schedule. (I don't have the precise ETA for this one).

I don't know which is your order number/order date. If you have one on order with us, I'd suggest getting in touch with my colleagues on sales at robosavvy dot com (or by phone) and they'll be able to let you know if your machine belongs to this initial shipment or if you'll be receiving from the second part of the batch.

Kind Regards
Pedro.
Hi Mark

The _first part_ of the first batch of 2Xs (the initial batch of 2Xs was split as I explained in my previous post) was collected from the US yesterday so we're looking at delivering the first machines within the timescale I mentioned (delivery before EOM).

These will be the first Replicator 2X machines to arrive in the UK.

The second part of this first batch is apparently running a few days behind schedule. (I don't have the precise ETA for this one).

I don't know which is your order number/order date. If you have one on order with us, I'd suggest getting in touch with my colleagues on sales at robosavvy dot com (or by phone) and they'll be able to let you know if your machine belongs to this initial shipment or if you'll be receiving from the second part of the batch.

Kind Regards
Pedro.
PedroR
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

9 postsPage 1 of 1
9 postsPage 1 of 1