Exact specs of FitPC used in DARwIn

Dedicated to the new Dynamic Anthropomorphic Robot with Intelligence - Open Platform By Robotis and related projects
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Exact specs of FitPC used in DARwIn

Post by PedroR » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by PedroR
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi all

When a customer requested us some spare FitPCs to have for the Darwin's their taking for a competition we realised the exact specs of the FitPC used in DARwIn are really not known.

The Robotis website only shows 1.6Ghz processor, 4Gb SSD WiFi and little more.
The Robotis part list does not include any of the accessories used in DARwIn so a few questions arose:

- Is it a FitPC2 or FitPC2i? (both come with the 1.6Ghz Atom)
- How much memory? 1Gb or 2Gb?
- SSD size? (this one is 4Gb according to some docs)

When we first started looking at the "consumer" FitPC2 line the specs did not really match what we saw on DARwIn.

It turns out the FitPC used in DARwIn is not the normal FitPC "consumer" edition (that some may think was stripped from its case)
Instead it's an "SBC-FitPC2i" : http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2i/html/ ... asheet.htm

"SBC" stands for "Single Board Computer" so it's a FitPC2i that comes as PCB, without enclosure (exactly as we see it in DARwIn)

we know it's the "i" edition because it has a 4 Gb SSD which not available on the regular SBC-FitPC2

So from here, we can start narrowing down the exact model (which is available with a gazillion options): http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2i/html/ ... -price.htm

Our understanding, after much investigation the exact specs of the FitPC model used in DARwIn are the following:

- SBC-FitPC2i
- 1.6Ghz Atom (Z530)
- 1Gb RAM
- 4Gb SSD
- WiFi
- 1x Ethernet (NOT 2x Ethernet as the consumer edition of FitPC2i has)
- Audio

This makes it model SBC-FitPC2i-D1G-C1600-N4-W-A-E1 . Can you say it in one breath?

This is what we believe to be the model used in DARwIn. You're invited to contribute and correct us :)

Hurray as the mystery is finally getting solved!

Regards
Pedro

(please note this picture includes options NOT present in DARwIn such as 2x Ethernet. DARwIn uses this model but with different configuration; for example only 1x Ethernet and no SATA connector exposed: a SSD is onboard).
Hi all

When a customer requested us some spare FitPCs to have for the Darwin's their taking for a competition we realised the exact specs of the FitPC used in DARwIn are really not known.

The Robotis website only shows 1.6Ghz processor, 4Gb SSD WiFi and little more.
The Robotis part list does not include any of the accessories used in DARwIn so a few questions arose:

- Is it a FitPC2 or FitPC2i? (both come with the 1.6Ghz Atom)
- How much memory? 1Gb or 2Gb?
- SSD size? (this one is 4Gb according to some docs)

When we first started looking at the "consumer" FitPC2 line the specs did not really match what we saw on DARwIn.

It turns out the FitPC used in DARwIn is not the normal FitPC "consumer" edition (that some may think was stripped from its case)
Instead it's an "SBC-FitPC2i" : http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2i/html/ ... asheet.htm

"SBC" stands for "Single Board Computer" so it's a FitPC2i that comes as PCB, without enclosure (exactly as we see it in DARwIn)

we know it's the "i" edition because it has a 4 Gb SSD which not available on the regular SBC-FitPC2

So from here, we can start narrowing down the exact model (which is available with a gazillion options): http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2i/html/ ... -price.htm

Our understanding, after much investigation the exact specs of the FitPC model used in DARwIn are the following:

- SBC-FitPC2i
- 1.6Ghz Atom (Z530)
- 1Gb RAM
- 4Gb SSD
- WiFi
- 1x Ethernet (NOT 2x Ethernet as the consumer edition of FitPC2i has)
- Audio

This makes it model SBC-FitPC2i-D1G-C1600-N4-W-A-E1 . Can you say it in one breath?

This is what we believe to be the model used in DARwIn. You're invited to contribute and correct us :)

Hurray as the mystery is finally getting solved!

Regards
Pedro

(please note this picture includes options NOT present in DARwIn such as 2x Ethernet. DARwIn uses this model but with different configuration; for example only 1x Ethernet and no SATA connector exposed: a SSD is onboard).
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by PedroR
Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi all

We - FINALLY!!!! - found a place with the exact specs of the FitPC2i used in DArwIn.

They can be found here http://darwin-op.springnote.com/pages/7331883

If you explore the tree menu on the eft hand side you'll also find a lot of interesting and useful information about DARwIn.

As a side note one thing claimed on that website is that DARwIn can change batteries without having to shut down.
We've tried it and it doesn't really work on ours.... not sure why though.

Regards
Pedro.
Hi all

We - FINALLY!!!! - found a place with the exact specs of the FitPC2i used in DArwIn.

They can be found here http://darwin-op.springnote.com/pages/7331883

If you explore the tree menu on the eft hand side you'll also find a lot of interesting and useful information about DARwIn.

As a side note one thing claimed on that website is that DARwIn can change batteries without having to shut down.
We've tried it and it doesn't really work on ours.... not sure why though.

Regards
Pedro.
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Bullit » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Bullit
Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Pedro, hot swapping batteries does work on mine. You have to plug in the DC power supply first and then disconnect the depleted battery then install a new one, connect it and then remove the DC power source. I do it all the time and it works well.
Pedro, hot swapping batteries does work on mine. You have to plug in the DC power supply first and then disconnect the depleted battery then install a new one, connect it and then remove the DC power source. I do it all the time and it works well.
Bullit offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by PedroR » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am

Post by PedroR
Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am

Hi bullit

I understand that. However when we tried that procedure it didn't really work as expected.

I'll retry doing it as we might have missed something. (or maybe it's just our DARwIn).

In any case, thank you for your report! it helps clarifying this point :)

Pedro
Hi bullit

I understand that. However when we tried that procedure it didn't really work as expected.

I'll retry doing it as we might have missed something. (or maybe it's just our DARwIn).

In any case, thank you for your report! it helps clarifying this point :)

Pedro
PedroR offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1