Darwin Camera system

Dedicated to the new Dynamic Anthropomorphic Robot with Intelligence - Open Platform By Robotis and related projects
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Darwin Camera system

Post by JaysonJT » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by JaysonJT
Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi

Do you reckon the Virginia Uni team stripped down the logitech c905 camera from its original casing & fitted it onto Darwin?

Also has anyone carried out any tests on the Autofocus feature? Is it a vital component? I was under the impression that auto focus could possibly effect the camera readings negatively by autofocusing on other random objects around the bot...

And I'm thinking the camera connects to the bot via USB

Many Thanks :)
Hi

Do you reckon the Virginia Uni team stripped down the logitech c905 camera from its original casing & fitted it onto Darwin?

Also has anyone carried out any tests on the Autofocus feature? Is it a vital component? I was under the impression that auto focus could possibly effect the camera readings negatively by autofocusing on other random objects around the bot...

And I'm thinking the camera connects to the bot via USB

Many Thanks :)
JaysonJT offline

Post by i-Bot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by i-Bot
Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:07 pm

If you look at the picture here from the Teardown from Pedro, you see the stripped C905:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robosavvy/6099681932/

I have used both a C905 and a very basic £5 webcam and got similar results from the Darwin software following a ball. Did not try real soccer or the UPenn code though.

Camera interface is USB.
If you look at the picture here from the Teardown from Pedro, you see the stripped C905:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robosavvy/6099681932/

I have used both a C905 and a very basic £5 webcam and got similar results from the Darwin software following a ball. Did not try real soccer or the UPenn code though.

Camera interface is USB.
i-Bot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Bullit » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Bullit
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:32 am

I don't think either the ROBOTIS code or UPenn code run the c905 in auto focus mode. Both also use fixed gain and exposure.
I don't think either the ROBOTIS code or UPenn code run the c905 in auto focus mode. Both also use fixed gain and exposure.
Bullit offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1