Darwin-mini and Open Source gait engine

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Darwin-mini and Open Source gait engine

Post by klims » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

Post by klims
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

I've recently purchased the Darwin-mini and am looking for some suggestions on open source gait engines/motion controllers
As far as I can tell the Robotis R+ Motion software that allows me to program motions using the GUI is not open source in any way and neither is their android app

As far as I can tell my options are:
1. ArbotiX pose engine
2. Write my own gait engine

I'm currently in the process of trying to rewrite the mtn2cp9rpm.py to accept mtnx files (the latest file type of R+ Motion) so with any luck I will be able to get the ArbotiX pose engine going.

Cheers.
I've recently purchased the Darwin-mini and am looking for some suggestions on open source gait engines/motion controllers
As far as I can tell the Robotis R+ Motion software that allows me to program motions using the GUI is not open source in any way and neither is their android app

As far as I can tell my options are:
1. ArbotiX pose engine
2. Write my own gait engine

I'm currently in the process of trying to rewrite the mtn2cp9rpm.py to accept mtnx files (the latest file type of R+ Motion) so with any luck I will be able to get the ArbotiX pose engine going.

Cheers.
klims offline

Re: Darwin-mini and Open Source gait engine

Post by klims » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by klims
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 pm

I ended up going with the Arbotix pose engine. A couple of gotchas for anyone else attempting the same:
    1. The XL320 servos use the Dynamixel Protocol 2.0, not 1.0 (currently used by Arbotix)
    2. The CM9.04-C runs at 72MHz not 16MHz like the ArbotiX-M controller, so the conversions from frames to milliseconds needs to change accordingly
    EDIT: It seems like I might have made a mistake here. I had a RPM->Sequence error

I'm still working through some problems with converting .mtnx files to the RPM files needed for the Arbotix pose engine, but should be done soon.
I ended up going with the Arbotix pose engine. A couple of gotchas for anyone else attempting the same:
    1. The XL320 servos use the Dynamixel Protocol 2.0, not 1.0 (currently used by Arbotix)
    2. The CM9.04-C runs at 72MHz not 16MHz like the ArbotiX-M controller, so the conversions from frames to milliseconds needs to change accordingly
    EDIT: It seems like I might have made a mistake here. I had a RPM->Sequence error

I'm still working through some problems with converting .mtnx files to the RPM files needed for the Arbotix pose engine, but should be done soon.
klims offline

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1