CM 530 Macbook Pro Connection experience

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

CM 530 Macbook Pro Connection experience

Post by UncleBob » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 am

Post by UncleBob
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:44 am

Just want to share my experience with Robotis CM 530 controller connection issues, specifically my macbook pro bootcamp or parallel under Windows 7.

These are the kind of problems I faced when trying to connect Roboplus to the controller.

Problem 1. Windows 7 does not show the port when usb is connected to the macbook
This problem is caused by windows using a newer version of the USBtoSerial converter driver. CM 530 have some problems with the newer driver. It only works with 2.08.28 or earlier (down load from here http://www.ja.axxs.net/ftdi_driver_install.htm ). The newer version on the official FTDI website won't work.Remove the old drivers and run the exe. You should see the version 2.08.28 under device manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers (with USB connected to CM 530). After the driver is successfully recognised the name of the USB item should change from 'Unknown' to 'USB Serial Converter'

Problem 2. When I connect the USB to a different robot's CM 530, the problem might re-surface. This could be due to it using a different driver version. Right click on the USB item 'Unknown' -> Properties -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer -> Let me pick -> Choose 2.0.28

Problem 3. With the port number showing up at Roboplus but still not able to establish a connection eventhough you can see light blinking on the CM 530. Check these
a. Try a different USB cable
b. Try using the latest version of Roboplus
c. Try to check if the controller is using the lastest firmware from Roboplus

Problem 4. Intermittent sympton of problem 3. Try these
a. Switch from Parallel to Bootcamp
b. Plug the laptop to a power supply

This has been very frustrating for me I hope this tips can save you times.

http://unclebobtech.com
Just want to share my experience with Robotis CM 530 controller connection issues, specifically my macbook pro bootcamp or parallel under Windows 7.

These are the kind of problems I faced when trying to connect Roboplus to the controller.

Problem 1. Windows 7 does not show the port when usb is connected to the macbook
This problem is caused by windows using a newer version of the USBtoSerial converter driver. CM 530 have some problems with the newer driver. It only works with 2.08.28 or earlier (down load from here http://www.ja.axxs.net/ftdi_driver_install.htm ). The newer version on the official FTDI website won't work.Remove the old drivers and run the exe. You should see the version 2.08.28 under device manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers (with USB connected to CM 530). After the driver is successfully recognised the name of the USB item should change from 'Unknown' to 'USB Serial Converter'

Problem 2. When I connect the USB to a different robot's CM 530, the problem might re-surface. This could be due to it using a different driver version. Right click on the USB item 'Unknown' -> Properties -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer -> Let me pick -> Choose 2.0.28

Problem 3. With the port number showing up at Roboplus but still not able to establish a connection eventhough you can see light blinking on the CM 530. Check these
a. Try a different USB cable
b. Try using the latest version of Roboplus
c. Try to check if the controller is using the lastest firmware from Roboplus

Problem 4. Intermittent sympton of problem 3. Try these
a. Switch from Parallel to Bootcamp
b. Plug the laptop to a power supply

This has been very frustrating for me I hope this tips can save you times.

http://unclebobtech.com
UncleBob offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: CM 530 Macbook Pro Connection experience

Post by Bernadinery » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Bernadinery
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 am

From the post, it makes it easy to understand even more.
From the post, it makes it easy to understand even more.
Bernadinery offline

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1