Dynamixel commands from PC to CM-530?

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Dynamixel commands from PC to CM-530?

Post by Sonel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Sonel
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:52 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have managed to submit any Dynamixel commands (or read registers from the Dynamixels) from a PC connected via USB to the Robotis controller (ex CM-530). I have seen the examples to send remote control messages via USB, but I was looking for direct Dynamixel access. As a matter of fact if the sensor information could also be read it would be even better.

Practically the RoboPlus Manager does that - you can read or set parameters in the Dynamixel chain and also read values from the sensors (assuming you have indicated what types of sensors are connected to which ports) so it should be possible.

It would be very useful for designing more complex control algorithms (for instance using ROS) that can run on the PC and then the results of the calculations being sent to the robot.

Thanks,

Sonel
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have managed to submit any Dynamixel commands (or read registers from the Dynamixels) from a PC connected via USB to the Robotis controller (ex CM-530). I have seen the examples to send remote control messages via USB, but I was looking for direct Dynamixel access. As a matter of fact if the sensor information could also be read it would be even better.

Practically the RoboPlus Manager does that - you can read or set parameters in the Dynamixel chain and also read values from the sensors (assuming you have indicated what types of sensors are connected to which ports) so it should be possible.

It would be very useful for designing more complex control algorithms (for instance using ROS) that can run on the PC and then the results of the calculations being sent to the robot.

Thanks,

Sonel
Sonel

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1