Record & playback without PC, possible?

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Record & playback without PC, possible?

Post by KikiTay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 am

Post by KikiTay
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 am

Hi all!

I've been struggling to write a Roboplus Task code to let the controller record and playback a series of sequences without having to connect to a PC or use Roboplus Motion software. Is this even possible?

This is the idea I have in mind:
(Let's just try it out with only a single servo. I'm using CM-530 controller)

Program Roboplus Task code to:
1. Set all servos to a predefined speed and acceleration
2. When the (D) button is pressed, torque is switched off (servo can be positioned)
3. When the (U) button is pressed, torque is switched on (servo stays in position)
4. When the (L) button is pressed, it reads the current position of servo and stores it somehow. Maybe as a FUNCTION 'Sequence1'
5. Repeat step 2 to 4 to capture more positions, storing it as 'Sequence2', 'Sequence3', 'Sequence4' and so on...
6. When the (R) button is pressed, controller plays back the Sequences in order.
7. When the (S) button is pressed, controller clears all sequences (reset)

My question is, is there a way to actually store a reading? Is there such a function in Roboplus Task?
If not, can it be some kind of mathematical formula/method to increase/decrease a function block position based on readings?

My brain doesn't seem to be able to comprehend what it takes to make it work. I'm not even sure if I can understand what I just wrote. But you get the idea... Just a way to record and playback on the go without connecting it to a PC.

Any ideas, help or examples would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kiki
Hi all!

I've been struggling to write a Roboplus Task code to let the controller record and playback a series of sequences without having to connect to a PC or use Roboplus Motion software. Is this even possible?

This is the idea I have in mind:
(Let's just try it out with only a single servo. I'm using CM-530 controller)

Program Roboplus Task code to:
1. Set all servos to a predefined speed and acceleration
2. When the (D) button is pressed, torque is switched off (servo can be positioned)
3. When the (U) button is pressed, torque is switched on (servo stays in position)
4. When the (L) button is pressed, it reads the current position of servo and stores it somehow. Maybe as a FUNCTION 'Sequence1'
5. Repeat step 2 to 4 to capture more positions, storing it as 'Sequence2', 'Sequence3', 'Sequence4' and so on...
6. When the (R) button is pressed, controller plays back the Sequences in order.
7. When the (S) button is pressed, controller clears all sequences (reset)

My question is, is there a way to actually store a reading? Is there such a function in Roboplus Task?
If not, can it be some kind of mathematical formula/method to increase/decrease a function block position based on readings?

My brain doesn't seem to be able to comprehend what it takes to make it work. I'm not even sure if I can understand what I just wrote. But you get the idea... Just a way to record and playback on the go without connecting it to a PC.

Any ideas, help or examples would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kiki
KikiTay

Re: Record & playback without PC, possible?

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Well, Roboplus Tasks is VERY limited, you don't even have arrays, so your storage options are single variables. I don't know if possible, but sure it will be very tricky.

If you have the CM-510 and you know C it will be a lot easier, more info at http://support.robotis.com/en/software/ ... _cm700.htm

By the way, with additional AX or sensors you can have more "input" controls :)
Well, Roboplus Tasks is VERY limited, you don't even have arrays, so your storage options are single variables. I don't know if possible, but sure it will be very tricky.

If you have the CM-510 and you know C it will be a lot easier, more info at http://support.robotis.com/en/software/ ... _cm700.htm

By the way, with additional AX or sensors you can have more "input" controls :)
siempre.aprendiendo
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1