Ideas for projects with BioLoid

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Ideas for projects with BioLoid

Post by nettek » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by nettek
Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,

I am currently an engineering student (electronics), specializing in embedded computer systems. I'm in my fourth year and so have to do a final project which I'm doing with a friend.
After talking to our professor, he suggested that we use the BioLoid robot which I believe is a good idea since we can use C code to program the robot. Thing is, we're both not very creative and don't really know what project we can do with it. We both searched online but didn't really come up with any ideas.

Is there something you can suggest, or a website which has a list of ideas you can refer us to?
It's important to mention that I want something that will force us to build an external circuit so that we will use some hardware as well as software, but it's somewhat optional, I don't want to rule out any ideas because of this demand.

Thank you!
Hi,

I am currently an engineering student (electronics), specializing in embedded computer systems. I'm in my fourth year and so have to do a final project which I'm doing with a friend.
After talking to our professor, he suggested that we use the BioLoid robot which I believe is a good idea since we can use C code to program the robot. Thing is, we're both not very creative and don't really know what project we can do with it. We both searched online but didn't really come up with any ideas.

Is there something you can suggest, or a website which has a list of ideas you can refer us to?
It's important to mention that I want something that will force us to build an external circuit so that we will use some hardware as well as software, but it's somewhat optional, I don't want to rule out any ideas because of this demand.

Thank you!
nettek

Re: Ideas for projects with BioLoid

Post by andrefleitao » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 am

Post by andrefleitao
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 am

Hello nettek

We've found some ideas here:
https://dxydas.wordpress.com/

There is an example of how to use the robot model to simulate Bioloid interaction using ROS.
There are also examples where you integrate more hardware (IMU, touch screen, Rpi with wifi,..)

Hope it helps you getting started on your ideas!
Hello nettek

We've found some ideas here:
https://dxydas.wordpress.com/

There is an example of how to use the robot model to simulate Bioloid interaction using ROS.
There are also examples where you integrate more hardware (IMU, touch screen, Rpi with wifi,..)

Hope it helps you getting started on your ideas!
andrefleitao

Post by nettek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by nettek
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks, I'll make sure to check it out!
Thanks, I'll make sure to check it out!
nettek

Post by ColinDavy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 am

Post by ColinDavy
Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 am

It is a very good idea to work on BiiLoid. There are many robotics and bio related websites where you can easily find it. Also one of my friend is working on this type of project.
Also use can simulate the Bioloid interaction using ROS.
You can also find examples where you integrate more hardware IMU, touch screen, Rpi with wifi with this.
It is a very good idea to work on BiiLoid. There are many robotics and bio related websites where you can easily find it. Also one of my friend is working on this type of project.
Also use can simulate the Bioloid interaction using ROS.
You can also find examples where you integrate more hardware IMU, touch screen, Rpi with wifi with this.
ColinDavy

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1