DXL RX-24F // Help me pack a punch (pun intended) !

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

DXL RX-24F // Help me pack a punch (pun intended) !

Post by NoIdeaWhatImDoing » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by NoIdeaWhatImDoing
Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I guess I am struggling with interpreting some of the concepts in the datasheet.
REF: http://support.robotis.com/en/product/d ... rx-24f.htm

----------------------- Sanity Check -------------------------------
Assuming we have an RX-24F in 'Joint Mode':
When we turn the motor ON :
- The 'Torque limit'() is set to 'max torque' (EEPROM 0x0E )
If we change 'Moving Speed' and 'Goal Position':
-The 'Torque Enable' bit is set.
-The 'Torque Limit' will be adjusted to match this speed.
- The Motor torque will be reduced from 'Torque limit' value to 'Punch' value as it enters the 'Compliance Slope' region.

If we change the 'punch' value we are increasing a Torque min if will?

----------------------- Question -------------------------------

My question is this 'Torque min' with reference to 'Torque Limit' or with reference to 'Torque Max'. I.e. if I change the punch to be 0x112 will it be (112/'MaxTorque') of the Max Torque or will it be (112/'TorqueLimit')? The reason I ask is that the 'Compliance Slope' logic hints at the assumption that punch<Torque Limit.

----------------------- My setup -------------------------------
I guess for context I have the RX-24F motor driving a cable pulley (pulley diameter ~2.3mm) that is able to operate accurately with near zero load but with loads of about ~200g I doesn't seem to drive it but it also doesn't shutdown for current protect.

I would have assumed this motor would be powerful enough (way less then the alleged 2.3N/m even if you assume a protection at 30% of max load ).

This is what I changed in firmware (everything else is same as factory default):
Baud = 1Mbps
return delay= 10usec
Compliance Slope= 0x08

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My only last thought was to raise the punch limit but I am not sure if I am just missing something more obvious??
Power wise I am using a PSU running at 12V limited at 2.5A so again there is no way this would be insufficiently fed.

Any help or general thoughts would be greatly appreciated??!!!
Hi everyone,

I guess I am struggling with interpreting some of the concepts in the datasheet.
REF: http://support.robotis.com/en/product/d ... rx-24f.htm

----------------------- Sanity Check -------------------------------
Assuming we have an RX-24F in 'Joint Mode':
When we turn the motor ON :
- The 'Torque limit'() is set to 'max torque' (EEPROM 0x0E )
If we change 'Moving Speed' and 'Goal Position':
-The 'Torque Enable' bit is set.
-The 'Torque Limit' will be adjusted to match this speed.
- The Motor torque will be reduced from 'Torque limit' value to 'Punch' value as it enters the 'Compliance Slope' region.

If we change the 'punch' value we are increasing a Torque min if will?

----------------------- Question -------------------------------

My question is this 'Torque min' with reference to 'Torque Limit' or with reference to 'Torque Max'. I.e. if I change the punch to be 0x112 will it be (112/'MaxTorque') of the Max Torque or will it be (112/'TorqueLimit')? The reason I ask is that the 'Compliance Slope' logic hints at the assumption that punch<Torque Limit.

----------------------- My setup -------------------------------
I guess for context I have the RX-24F motor driving a cable pulley (pulley diameter ~2.3mm) that is able to operate accurately with near zero load but with loads of about ~200g I doesn't seem to drive it but it also doesn't shutdown for current protect.

I would have assumed this motor would be powerful enough (way less then the alleged 2.3N/m even if you assume a protection at 30% of max load ).

This is what I changed in firmware (everything else is same as factory default):
Baud = 1Mbps
return delay= 10usec
Compliance Slope= 0x08

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My only last thought was to raise the punch limit but I am not sure if I am just missing something more obvious??
Power wise I am using a PSU running at 12V limited at 2.5A so again there is no way this would be insufficiently fed.

Any help or general thoughts would be greatly appreciated??!!!
NoIdeaWhatImDoing

Re: DXL RX-24F // Help me pack a punch (pun intended) !

Post by vmatos » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 am

Post by vmatos
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 am

Hey!

'Torque limit' is the value used to limit the torque of the motor. 'max torque' is the eeprom value that is loaded into 'torque limit' at power-on.
Hey!

'Torque limit' is the value used to limit the torque of the motor. 'max torque' is the eeprom value that is loaded into 'torque limit' at power-on.
vmatos
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1