[PC -> USB2Dynamixel -> AX-18A] Connection issue in Roboplus

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

[PC -> USB2Dynamixel -> AX-18A] Connection issue in Roboplus

Post by Nebbyyy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Nebbyyy
Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:59 pm

I have updated the drivers on both the usb converter in device manager as well as the com port. USB is currently registered to COM4, slider is on TLL.

When I go into the Roboplus manager, select COM4 and click connect i recieve this message

http://imgur.com/JpHRBMm

I have tried all usb ports as well as uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it but still it can't seem to find the dynamiel usb.

Any ideas?
I have updated the drivers on both the usb converter in device manager as well as the com port. USB is currently registered to COM4, slider is on TLL.

When I go into the Roboplus manager, select COM4 and click connect i recieve this message

http://imgur.com/JpHRBMm

I have tried all usb ports as well as uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it but still it can't seem to find the dynamiel usb.

Any ideas?
Nebbyyy

Re: [PC -> USB2Dynamixel -> AX-18A] Connection issue in Robo

Post by vmatos » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by vmatos
Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi!

Can you try and backroll the drivers to the version 2.08.28? There was some issues with USB2Dynamixel and recent updates of the FTDI drivers.
Basically you have to go to the device manager and manually update the drivers to this version, on two devices.

"USB Serial Converter" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
and then
"USB Serial Port (COM#)" under "Ports (COM &LPT)"

Let us know if you sorted it out. Or if need more detailed instructions on how to backroll the drivers.
Hi!

Can you try and backroll the drivers to the version 2.08.28? There was some issues with USB2Dynamixel and recent updates of the FTDI drivers.
Basically you have to go to the device manager and manually update the drivers to this version, on two devices.

"USB Serial Converter" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
and then
"USB Serial Port (COM#)" under "Ports (COM &LPT)"

Let us know if you sorted it out. Or if need more detailed instructions on how to backroll the drivers.
vmatos
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1