Raspberry pi and CM-530

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

Raspberry pi and CM-530

Post by raspibioloid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 am

Post by raspibioloid
Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:20 am

Hey I'm newbie in this project about BioloidGp(CM-530) and raspberry pi,

I already knew that CM-530 can read a serial communication but i don't have an idea how to connect raspberry pi and CM-530 with serial communication. Does anybody know how to make connection between raspberry pi and CM-530? Do I need to use GPIO on the raspberry or any other ways ?

Regards!

Sorry for bad english.
Hey I'm newbie in this project about BioloidGp(CM-530) and raspberry pi,

I already knew that CM-530 can read a serial communication but i don't have an idea how to connect raspberry pi and CM-530 with serial communication. Does anybody know how to make connection between raspberry pi and CM-530? Do I need to use GPIO on the raspberry or any other ways ?

Regards!

Sorry for bad english.
raspibioloid

Re: Raspberry pi and CM-530

Post by vmatos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by vmatos
Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

The CM-530 has a USB connector which you use to serial communicate with your PC, correct?
RaspberryPI is the same as a computer. Connect the USB cable to the raspPI and communicate with CM-530 just like you do in the computer.
Hi! Welcome to the forums.

The CM-530 has a USB connector which you use to serial communicate with your PC, correct?
RaspberryPI is the same as a computer. Connect the USB cable to the raspPI and communicate with CM-530 just like you do in the computer.
vmatos
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: Raspberry pi and CM-530

Post by raspibioloid » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:25 am

Post by raspibioloid
Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:25 am

vmatos wrote:Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Hi vmatos, thankyou so much for your help, i already found it, early I confused with the serial communication code, because at raspberry pi i used python and at cm-530 used embedded c. i thought it's need something to connect python and c, but the fact it's not problem. serial communication just send a signal that can read and write by both python and embedded c code.
vmatos wrote:Hi! Welcome to the forums.

Hi vmatos, thankyou so much for your help, i already found it, early I confused with the serial communication code, because at raspberry pi i used python and at cm-530 used embedded c. i thought it's need something to connect python and c, but the fact it's not problem. serial communication just send a signal that can read and write by both python and embedded c code.
raspibioloid

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1