How to launch a piece of code periodically?

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1

How to launch a piece of code periodically?

Post by chewws » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 am

Post by chewws
Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 am

Hello!

I am currently using a Bioloid Comprehensive kit and RoboPlus, and want to make a simple robotic car for a school project.

Basically, I want the car to move by itself, avoiding obstacles while periodically (every 15 seconds or so) raising a claw of some sort. I am able to get the car to move the way I want it to, but I'm not sure how to get it to raise a claw periodically.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it done? Thank you so much!
Hello!

I am currently using a Bioloid Comprehensive kit and RoboPlus, and want to make a simple robotic car for a school project.

Basically, I want the car to move by itself, avoiding obstacles while periodically (every 15 seconds or so) raising a claw of some sort. I am able to get the car to move the way I want it to, but I'm not sure how to get it to raise a claw periodically.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it done? Thank you so much!
chewws

Re: How to launch a piece of code periodically?

Post by vmatos » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by vmatos
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Are you using RoboPlus Task?

If so, I would follow the tutorials for understanding how it all works.
Then you can implement your loop or condition for operating the claw.

http://support.robotis.com/en/product/bioloid/comprehensivekit/bioloid_comp_tutorial.htm
Are you using RoboPlus Task?

If so, I would follow the tutorials for understanding how it all works.
Then you can implement your loop or condition for operating the claw.

http://support.robotis.com/en/product/bioloid/comprehensivekit/bioloid_comp_tutorial.htm
vmatos
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Re: How to launch a piece of code periodically?

Post by chewws » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:10 am

Post by chewws
Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:10 am

For clarification: I'm interested in knowing how to get the claw to move every 15 seconds WHILE the main code is running (the one that gets the car moving and avoiding obstacles using sensor readings). In other words, how do I get the claw-moving code to launch at set intervals while the car-movement code is also running at the same time?

The closest I've come to finding out how to get it to work is using the CALLBACK function, but I believe that function does not support such a difficult task?
For clarification: I'm interested in knowing how to get the claw to move every 15 seconds WHILE the main code is running (the one that gets the car moving and avoiding obstacles using sensor readings). In other words, how do I get the claw-moving code to launch at set intervals while the car-movement code is also running at the same time?

The closest I've come to finding out how to get it to work is using the CALLBACK function, but I believe that function does not support such a difficult task?
chewws

3 postsPage 1 of 1
3 postsPage 1 of 1