>NEW> USB2Dynamixel Software: Dynamixel SDK

Bioloid robot kit from Korean company Robotis; CM5 controller block, AX12 servos..
15 postsPage 1 of 1
15 postsPage 1 of 1

>NEW> USB2Dynamixel Software: Dynamixel SDK

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Update [June 2010]: the Dynamixel manager is now part of the Roboplus software.

Interesting... :)

[Links updated: May 2011]

Dynamixel SDK e-manual

USB2Dynamixel Software

- Dynamixel Manager.exe : Dynamixel Manager Program Execution File
- Dynamixel SDK(U2D win32).html : Dynamixel Manager Manual
- Examples : Example Source Folder: [Updated: May 2011]

labview
    matlab
    visual basic
    visual c#
    visual c++

By the way, there is the "monitor" command in the "Manage mode" to monitor the data flow ...

[Edited]
Oh, my God! There is a GOTO in the C example :shock:

[Edited, again]
Now, linux support!

Dynamixel SDK for Linux

Zigbee SDK for Linux
Update [June 2010]: the Dynamixel manager is now part of the Roboplus software.

Interesting... :)

[Links updated: May 2011]

Dynamixel SDK e-manual

USB2Dynamixel Software

- Dynamixel Manager.exe : Dynamixel Manager Program Execution File
- Dynamixel SDK(U2D win32).html : Dynamixel Manager Manual
- Examples : Example Source Folder: [Updated: May 2011]

labview
    matlab
    visual basic
    visual c#
    visual c++

By the way, there is the "monitor" command in the "Manage mode" to monitor the data flow ...

[Edited]
Oh, my God! There is a GOTO in the C example :shock:

[Edited, again]
Now, linux support!

Dynamixel SDK for Linux

Zigbee SDK for Linux
Last edited by siempre.aprendiendo on Sun May 01, 2011 11:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
siempre.aprendiendo
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Re: >NEW> USB2Dynamixel Software v1.01 (eng)

Post by srobot » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by srobot
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 pm

siempre.aprendiendo wrote:Oh, my God! There is a GOTO in the C example :shock:

But I still want to call them up... jk... :lol:

I'm downloading right now! :D

Thanks!
siempre.aprendiendo wrote:Oh, my God! There is a GOTO in the C example :shock:

But I still want to call them up... jk... :lol:

I'm downloading right now! :D

Thanks!
Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo. The power that's needed!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level
srobot
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by limor
Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Robotis have recently updated the library.

This is a very impressive package.
Basically a C implementation of the low level code and then bindings for several programming languages with examples.

This was designed for USB2dynamixel but should work also on any home-built FTDI based interface to Dynamixel bus.

If you own a Bioloid you should definitely download this package and consider getting the USB2dynamixel as this provides a whole new level of functionality to your Bioloid. You can basically harness the power of your 3Ghz CPU gaming PC to control your Bioloid.
Robotis have recently updated the library.

Basically a C implementation of the low level code and then bindings for several programming languages with examples.

This was designed for USB2dynamixel but should work also on any home-built FTDI based interface to Dynamixel bus.

If you own a Bioloid you should definitely download this package and consider getting the USB2dynamixel as this provides a whole new level of functionality to your Bioloid. You can basically harness the power of your 3Ghz CPU gaming PC to control your Bioloid.
limor
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by limor
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:16 pm

more free software for USB2Dynamixel is found here:
http://www.forestmoon.com/Software/DynaCommander/
more free software for USB2Dynamixel is found here:
http://www.forestmoon.com/Software/DynaCommander/
limor
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Please help a robot/ignorant old woman

Post by dmj4 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by dmj4
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm just a robot/ignorant old woman with a 13 year-old son. Please, make sure I understand this.

I have decided to get him the Bioloid Beginner Kit and 2 extra AX12 servos thrown in for good measure. Am I correct in my understanding that if I get this USB2Dynamixel to go with the above, it will allow him to do extra fun things with the Bioloid beginner kit?

Is there anything else I need to make this work?

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help with this.

Donna
I'm just a robot/ignorant old woman with a 13 year-old son. Please, make sure I understand this.

I have decided to get him the Bioloid Beginner Kit and 2 extra AX12 servos thrown in for good measure. Am I correct in my understanding that if I get this USB2Dynamixel to go with the above, it will allow him to do extra fun things with the Bioloid beginner kit?

Is there anything else I need to make this work?

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help with this.

Donna
dmj4

Post by Tyberius » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by Tyberius
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

All the USB2Dynamixel will do for you is provide a USB interface to your servos. You'll still need to power them from a CM-5 or SMPS2Dynamixel adapter. You can still control the servos directly using the serial port and a CM-5 in Manage Mode, which is essentially what the USB2Dynamixel does for you.

For a beginner starting out, I wouldn't say its worth it.
All the USB2Dynamixel will do for you is provide a USB interface to your servos. You'll still need to power them from a CM-5 or SMPS2Dynamixel adapter. You can still control the servos directly using the serial port and a CM-5 in Manage Mode, which is essentially what the USB2Dynamixel does for you.

For a beginner starting out, I wouldn't say its worth it.
Tyberius
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Suicidal.Banana » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Suicidal.Banana
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:32 pm

limor wrote:Robotis have recently updated the library.

Sorry for the bump (tho ye, the forums aint that active) but any way to do this wireless? i basically bought a bioloid with the above as end goal
limor wrote:Robotis have recently updated the library.

Sorry for the bump (tho ye, the forums aint that active) but any way to do this wireless? i basically bought a bioloid with the above as end goal
Suicidal.Banana
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by limor
Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:46 pm

the easiest way would be to get the Zig100 and Zig2Serial (see http://robosavvy.com/store ). It will give you an immediate wireless solution. If you are adventurous you can create a bluetooth link. See my bluesmirf@bioloid blog and others; links at the Bioloid knowledgebase.
the easiest way would be to get the Zig100 and Zig2Serial (see http://robosavvy.com/store ). It will give you an immediate wireless solution. If you are adventurous you can create a bluetooth link. See my bluesmirf@bioloid blog and others; links at the Bioloid knowledgebase.
limor
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Suicidal.Banana » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Post by Suicidal.Banana
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

ah nice, thanks :D
ah nice, thanks :D
Suicidal.Banana
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by limor
Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Managing Dynamixels is now done via the Dynamixel wizard software part of the software suite Roboplus.
It relies on the USB2Dynamixel module that now comes with the Premium kits (or any other interface board with FTDI chip).
Managing Dynamixels is now done via the Dynamixel wizard software part of the software suite Roboplus.
It relies on the USB2Dynamixel module that now comes with the Premium kits (or any other interface board with FTDI chip).
limor
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by haratron » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by haratron
Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm confused. I want to read/set values on the servos (via usb2dynamixel) but I want to do it wirelessly.
I saw there is a ZigBee extension module but is this just for the playstation-like controller? I want the Bioloid to send the servo positions to the PC and then the PC should send the desired *new* positions to the Bioloid.
From what I understand this is already done if wired with the usb2dynamixel.

I want to do this wirelessly.

If I get zig2serial ( http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... cts_id/224) and the zig100 pair (http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... cts_id/223), will I be able to do that?

Also, what is zig100's operating range?
I'm confused. I want to read/set values on the servos (via usb2dynamixel) but I want to do it wirelessly.
I saw there is a ZigBee extension module but is this just for the playstation-like controller? I want the Bioloid to send the servo positions to the PC and then the PC should send the desired *new* positions to the Bioloid.
From what I understand this is already done if wired with the usb2dynamixel.

I want to do this wirelessly.

If I get zig2serial ( http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... cts_id/224) and the zig100 pair (http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info ... cts_id/223), will I be able to do that?

Also, what is zig100's operating range?
haratron
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

:?:How to add a library on MATLAB?

Post by cybernetics » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by cybernetics
Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi everybody!

I've got a little problem.

When I try to import the needed Matlab library like this:

Code: Select all
loadlibrary('dynamixel','dxl_matlab.h');
libfunctions('dynamixel');

I get this error:

??? Error using ==> loadlibrary>lFullPath at 553
Could not find file dxl_matlab.h.

Error in ==> loadlibrary at 221
        header=lFullPath(header);

Error in ==> ReadWrite at 36

And when I try with 'dynamixel.h' instead of 'dxl_matlab.h' as someone suggested me, I've got this error:

??? Error using ==> loadlibrary at 368
Failed to preprocess the input file.
 Output from preprocessor is:'cl' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Error in ==> ReadWrite at 38
loadlibrary('dynamixel','dynamixel.h');

And I've added this path (under File > Set Path): D:\LiberT\Desktop\Laboratoire de Robotique\dxl_sdk_win64_v1_02\import

So I don't know what else I need to do? :S

Thanks a lot!
Hi everybody!

I've got a little problem.

When I try to import the needed Matlab library like this:

libfunctions('dynamixel');

I get this error:

??? Error using ==> loadlibrary>lFullPath at 553
Could not find file dxl_matlab.h.

Error in ==> loadlibrary at 221
        header=lFullPath(header);

Error in ==> ReadWrite at 36

And when I try with 'dynamixel.h' instead of 'dxl_matlab.h' as someone suggested me, I've got this error:

??? Error using ==> loadlibrary at 368
Failed to preprocess the input file.
 Output from preprocessor is:'cl' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Error in ==> ReadWrite at 38
loadlibrary('dynamixel','dynamixel.h');

And I've added this path (under File > Set Path): D:\LiberT\Desktop\Laboratoire de Robotique\dxl_sdk_win64_v1_02\import

So I don't know what else I need to do? :S

Thanks a lot!
cybernetics

Post by cybernetics » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by cybernetics
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:08 pm

cybernetics

Bioloid premium labview conection?

Post by Medel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Medel
Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 am

Hi, i'm new in this forum and a new user of the Bioloid Premium, I got a question:

Have you ever tried to control the Bioloid Premium with labview 2010 using the SDK of robotis? or maybe this solution:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12909

if so...is this the correct hardware conection?

PC-> USB2DYNAMIXEL->CM-510->AX12A

Because i've tried to communicate using the SDK and the page above a nothing...could anyone give a hint? Thanks!!

PD: I want to create in labview AI so the robot can learn something like the ASIMO but the conection is slowing me down for 2 weeks =(
Hi, i'm new in this forum and a new user of the Bioloid Premium, I got a question:

Have you ever tried to control the Bioloid Premium with labview 2010 using the SDK of robotis? or maybe this solution:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12909

if so...is this the correct hardware conection?

PC-> USB2DYNAMIXEL->CM-510->AX12A

Because i've tried to communicate using the SDK and the page above a nothing...could anyone give a hint? Thanks!!

PD: I want to create in labview AI so the robot can learn something like the ASIMO but the conection is slowing me down for 2 weeks =(
Medel

Matlab communication protocol

Post by adie8 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by adie8
Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

I am currently working on the CM-530 which can connect straight to PC using mini USB. I tried to make connection between Matlab and CM-530 without using USB2Dynamixel device. but nothing work. I wonder if anyone could make connection straight away without using the device. If anyone know can how to do it can you guys help me with this. Thanks.
I am currently working on the CM-530 which can connect straight to PC using mini USB. I tried to make connection between Matlab and CM-530 without using USB2Dynamixel device. but nothing work. I wonder if anyone could make connection straight away without using the device. If anyone know can how to do it can you guys help me with this. Thanks.
adie8

15 postsPage 1 of 1
15 postsPage 1 of 1