help needed from Hovis lite/eco robot users

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

help needed from Hovis lite/eco robot users

Post by andreyka733 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:43 am

Post by andreyka733
Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:43 am

Hello!

I have a problem with connection of my robot to PC. I assembled Hovis lite robot and everything looks fine. I installed drivers for usb-serial cable successfully, a new COM port appears in the computer.

DR-SIM and DR-VisualLogic show the status as 'connected' but nothing uploads to robot and robot pose is not captured. Also, a list of motions is not downloaded to the robot although it shows a pop-up window 'Sending Motion Data' without any errors. Perhaps I miss some important detail but I have no idea what it is.

I guess that the 'program' LED should be on during connection but no lights except 'power' are active on the DRC block. If you have hovis lite or hovis eco could you please describe the process of robot connection to PC. Which LEDs are active on the robot when you connect it to your computer?

Thank you.
Hello!

I have a problem with connection of my robot to PC. I assembled Hovis lite robot and everything looks fine. I installed drivers for usb-serial cable successfully, a new COM port appears in the computer.

DR-SIM and DR-VisualLogic show the status as 'connected' but nothing uploads to robot and robot pose is not captured. Also, a list of motions is not downloaded to the robot although it shows a pop-up window 'Sending Motion Data' without any errors. Perhaps I miss some important detail but I have no idea what it is.

I guess that the 'program' LED should be on during connection but no lights except 'power' are active on the DRC block. If you have hovis lite or hovis eco could you please describe the process of robot connection to PC. Which LEDs are active on the robot when you connect it to your computer?

Thank you.
andreyka733 offline

Re: help needed from Hovis lite/eco robot users

Post by brianmcm » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by brianmcm
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi,
I know this is several days late and hopefully you've made progress on your delima but I've had connectivity issues with my Hovis Lite as well. Thanks to the help of Daniel Hwang, (daniel.hwang@dongbu.com), I've managed to work through the issues. I ended up reinstalling the serial driver software as for some reason the connection would suddenly drop out. Some of the info I'll relate to you may already know, but it took several emails to Daniel for me to find out. First off make sure your COM port is configured as outlined in the manual. Second if you haven't already, dowload and install the HerculeX Manager Software. This software will not only tell you if the DRC is recognizing all the motors in the ROBOT, but it allows you to change the ID of the motors. This is handy if you are converting the 16DOF configuration to 20DOF. Another "must" is to ensure your firmware is up to date. Again, I discovered my bot was shipped with an older version and was preventing me from taking advantage of the HerculeX Software. Another suggestion, if you have't already done this is go to the Dongbu website and download the "hovismanualeng.pdf". This is the complete manual, 202 pages, that will explain what LED's are lit and when. As you experiment with the robot a word of caution that you may or may not be aware is if you are connected DR-SIM software and switch over to the DR-Visual Logic and try to connect without disconnecting from the DR-SIM it won't work; or visa-versa. Again, I hope you've resolved your connectivity issues and good luck with your robot.
Hi,
I know this is several days late and hopefully you've made progress on your delima but I've had connectivity issues with my Hovis Lite as well. Thanks to the help of Daniel Hwang, (daniel.hwang@dongbu.com), I've managed to work through the issues. I ended up reinstalling the serial driver software as for some reason the connection would suddenly drop out. Some of the info I'll relate to you may already know, but it took several emails to Daniel for me to find out. First off make sure your COM port is configured as outlined in the manual. Second if you haven't already, dowload and install the HerculeX Manager Software. This software will not only tell you if the DRC is recognizing all the motors in the ROBOT, but it allows you to change the ID of the motors. This is handy if you are converting the 16DOF configuration to 20DOF. Another "must" is to ensure your firmware is up to date. Again, I discovered my bot was shipped with an older version and was preventing me from taking advantage of the HerculeX Software. Another suggestion, if you have't already done this is go to the Dongbu website and download the "hovismanualeng.pdf". This is the complete manual, 202 pages, that will explain what LED's are lit and when. As you experiment with the robot a word of caution that you may or may not be aware is if you are connected DR-SIM software and switch over to the DR-Visual Logic and try to connect without disconnecting from the DR-SIM it won't work; or visa-versa. Again, I hope you've resolved your connectivity issues and good luck with your robot.
brianmcm offline

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1