Novice build

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

Novice build

Post by BBEVO » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by BBEVO
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi,

I'm completely new to the world of robotics but I'm thinking of taking it up as a hobby. I'm an IT tech from the UK and spend most of my time with my head inside laptops and servers so I have a limited knowledge of electronics and programming.

For my first project I thought I would start by modifying a ready built robot to understand what is involved. I have managed to get two toy robots, a standard wow wee robosapien and a wow wee tribot. My idea is to combine the two to have a walking tribot. I would then like to move on to reprogramming, voice recognition etc.

Any tips would be great, at the moment I'm going to use both boards in tandem but may look at an Arduino later on.
Hi,

I'm completely new to the world of robotics but I'm thinking of taking it up as a hobby. I'm an IT tech from the UK and spend most of my time with my head inside laptops and servers so I have a limited knowledge of electronics and programming.

For my first project I thought I would start by modifying a ready built robot to understand what is involved. I have managed to get two toy robots, a standard wow wee robosapien and a wow wee tribot. My idea is to combine the two to have a walking tribot. I would then like to move on to reprogramming, voice recognition etc.

Any tips would be great, at the moment I'm going to use both boards in tandem but may look at an Arduino later on.
BBEVO

Re: Novice build

Post by PaulL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:58 am

Post by PaulL
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:58 am

One tip: be tenacious and unrelenting in pursuit of your goals.

Some end up with a mild fascination, others end up in obsession, so there's that... :)

There are a lot of sites out there for mods for Robosapiens... I happen to own one (V2), but I didn't get serious until I got my first RN-1, and even then, not until I found the Roboard RB-100...
One tip: be tenacious and unrelenting in pursuit of your goals.

Some end up with a mild fascination, others end up in obsession, so there's that... :)

There are a lot of sites out there for mods for Robosapiens... I happen to own one (V2), but I didn't get serious until I got my first RN-1, and even then, not until I found the Roboard RB-100...
PaulL
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1