Home Built Robot - Maxwell

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1

Home Built Robot - Maxwell

Post by clockwork » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

Post by clockwork
Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 am

This is Maxwell - a robot built for the Robo-One competition in Japan.
I didn't quite make it in time for the latest competition (Robo-One 20) - but should definitely be ready for the next one!

*** his legs were originally posted in the PLM thread - but as you can see, there were some design changes.

Maxwell uses Arduino Mega Pro running a DF robotics SSC-32 servo controller. Control is via bluetooth - using a custom built android app on a iconia tablet.

This is Maxwell - a robot built for the Robo-One competition in Japan.
I didn't quite make it in time for the latest competition (Robo-One 20) - but should definitely be ready for the next one!

*** his legs were originally posted in the PLM thread - but as you can see, there were some design changes.

Maxwell uses Arduino Mega Pro running a DF robotics SSC-32 servo controller. Control is via bluetooth - using a custom built android app on a iconia tablet.

clockwork
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by ostro_goto » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by ostro_goto
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Hello Clockwork, making very clean, the legs provide a sense of stability! a really good job of planning and realization! Appearance to view a video on the move! See you soon.
Hello Clockwork, making very clean, the legs provide a sense of stability! a really good job of planning and realization! Appearance to view a video on the move! See you soon.
ostro_goto
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by limor » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 am

Post by limor
Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 am

Love the Looks of it!
Like a classic giant robot.

Having just participated in Tokyo Robot Wrestling event which is a lightweight version of robo-one, i highly recommend that you work on your moves for a long time and find adversaries to spar against. Robo-one guys have been at it for 10 years and their robots are big, stronhg, fast, agile and very controlable.

Did you design and machine the aluminum brackets at home?
Love the Looks of it!
Like a classic giant robot.

Having just participated in Tokyo Robot Wrestling event which is a lightweight version of robo-one, i highly recommend that you work on your moves for a long time and find adversaries to spar against. Robo-one guys have been at it for 10 years and their robots are big, stronhg, fast, agile and very controlable.

Did you design and machine the aluminum brackets at home?
limor
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by clockwork » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

Post by clockwork
Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

Well - it looks like I still have a bit of work to do!

In the process of making motion programs - I have found that the shoulder servos don't have sufficient power to allow Maxwell to get up on his own. I think this may be the reason I have seen some of the Japanese builders doubling up their servos at this location.

Limor:
I designed all of the brackets - and fabricated them on a desktop CNC I have at home.
I still have quite a bit to go I think before Maxwell would be considered "ready" - but intend to take your advice to heart about practicing!

ostro_goto:
I am working on getting some videos going - but it may be a couple weeks as I tweak things like the walking gait....
Well - it looks like I still have a bit of work to do!

In the process of making motion programs - I have found that the shoulder servos don't have sufficient power to allow Maxwell to get up on his own. I think this may be the reason I have seen some of the Japanese builders doubling up their servos at this location.

Limor:
I designed all of the brackets - and fabricated them on a desktop CNC I have at home.
I still have quite a bit to go I think before Maxwell would be considered "ready" - but intend to take your advice to heart about practicing!

ostro_goto:
I am working on getting some videos going - but it may be a couple weeks as I tweak things like the walking gait....
clockwork
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

Post by Enderwiggins » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by Enderwiggins
Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Where abouts do you live clockwork? If you or anyone else is near Florida, USA I'd love to have a sparing partner! ^_^
Where abouts do you live clockwork? If you or anyone else is near Florida, USA I'd love to have a sparing partner! ^_^
Enderwiggins
Robot Builder
Robot Builder

5 postsPage 1 of 1
5 postsPage 1 of 1