New Farrell Robotics Humanoid - RoboGames 2012

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1

New Farrell Robotics Humanoid - RoboGames 2012

Post by hivemind » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Post by hivemind
Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Hey all, just throwing up a picture and video of our new Farrell Robotics humanoid model for RG 2012. All questions and comments welcome!

http://youtu.be/zDkAA4MYPUs?hd=1

Hope you enjoy!

-Chris Farrell
Hey all, just throwing up a picture and video of our new Farrell Robotics humanoid model for RG 2012. All questions and comments welcome!

http://youtu.be/zDkAA4MYPUs?hd=1

Hope you enjoy!

-Chris Farrell
hivemind offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MOHIT JINDAL » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am

Post by MOHIT JINDAL
Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am

Hi;

The robot os very impressive. :P Can you take a closeup picture of the ankle\foot ? :roll:
Hi;

The robot os very impressive. :P Can you take a closeup picture of the ankle\foot ? :roll:
MOHIT JINDAL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by limor
Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

impressive!
impressive!
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by siempre.aprendiendo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by siempre.aprendiendo
Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Oustanding! but David needs its sling against Goliath ;)
Oustanding! but David needs its sling against Goliath ;)
siempre.aprendiendo offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by hivemind » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by hivemind
Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks! Haha, yes, the smaller robot - Krunk, doesn't stand much of a chance against KaiNaut. KaiNaut is 5kg, while Krunk is around 1.5. Even our middle weight robots (Oro and Zog - past RG winners) can't stand up against KaiNaut (and his brother ZynNaut) - but I'll put together a vid of Oro trying :)

Unfortunately, we don't have the two big robots together and won't until RoboGames. On the plus side, that's coming right up!

Mohit Jindal - per request,

(Just to make sure you know, this image and the one above are just thumbnail links to higher resolution pictures - so you can zoom in and see the ankle better up there too). Also, the ankle pictures there are of the right and left foot respectively, the one of the left is the outside of the foot, and the one on the right in the inside (servo horns face in).

Thanks for the kind words!

-Chris Farrell
Thanks! Haha, yes, the smaller robot - Krunk, doesn't stand much of a chance against KaiNaut. KaiNaut is 5kg, while Krunk is around 1.5. Even our middle weight robots (Oro and Zog - past RG winners) can't stand up against KaiNaut (and his brother ZynNaut) - but I'll put together a vid of Oro trying :)

Unfortunately, we don't have the two big robots together and won't until RoboGames. On the plus side, that's coming right up!

Mohit Jindal - per request,

(Just to make sure you know, this image and the one above are just thumbnail links to higher resolution pictures - so you can zoom in and see the ankle better up there too). Also, the ankle pictures there are of the right and left foot respectively, the one of the left is the outside of the foot, and the one on the right in the inside (servo horns face in).

Thanks for the kind words!

-Chris Farrell
hivemind offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 am

Post by tempusmaster
Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 am

hivemind wrote:Thanks! Haha, yes, the smaller robot - Krunk, doesn't stand much of a chance against KaiNaut. KaiNaut is 5kg, while Krunk is around 1.5. Even our middle weight robots (Oro and Zog - past RG winners) can't stand up against KaiNaut (and his brother ZynNaut) - but I'll put together a vid of Oro trying :)

Just so that you won't have it too easy, I've invited a few of my friends to RoboGames to give KaiNaut and ZynNaut a run for their money. :lol:
hivemind wrote:Thanks! Haha, yes, the smaller robot - Krunk, doesn't stand much of a chance against KaiNaut. KaiNaut is 5kg, while Krunk is around 1.5. Even our middle weight robots (Oro and Zog - past RG winners) can't stand up against KaiNaut (and his brother ZynNaut) - but I'll put together a vid of Oro trying :)

Just so that you won't have it too easy, I've invited a few of my friends to RoboGames to give KaiNaut and ZynNaut a run for their money. :lol:
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hivemind » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by hivemind
Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm quite excited to be competing with them this year! Also the prospect of fighting other big robots is always fun - my wife is pretty decent at piloting all of our robots at this point, we just don't have any two the same size. I presume Zaura will be in the MW fighting, will King Kizer as well - or is he just going to be on tour?

Looking forward to seeing you in a day or two Lem!
I'm quite excited to be competing with them this year! Also the prospect of fighting other big robots is always fun - my wife is pretty decent at piloting all of our robots at this point, we just don't have any two the same size. I presume Zaura will be in the MW fighting, will King Kizer as well - or is he just going to be on tour?

Looking forward to seeing you in a day or two Lem!
hivemind offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by tempusmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Post by tempusmaster
Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 pm

hivemind wrote:I'm quite excited to be competing with them this year!

They are too.

Also the prospect of fighting other big robots is always fun - my wife is pretty decent at piloting all of our robots at this point, we just don't have any two the same size.

The more the merrier.

I presume Zaura will be in the MW fighting, will King Kizer as well - or is he just going to be on tour?

King Kizer and Toko Toko Maru were originally planning just to do demos... but we convinced them that you would be totally disappointed not to have the chance to battle with them in the ring. So, they're planning to fight.
hivemind wrote:I'm quite excited to be competing with them this year!

They are too.

Also the prospect of fighting other big robots is always fun - my wife is pretty decent at piloting all of our robots at this point, we just don't have any two the same size.

The more the merrier.

I presume Zaura will be in the MW fighting, will King Kizer as well - or is he just going to be on tour?

King Kizer and Toko Toko Maru were originally planning just to do demos... but we convinced them that you would be totally disappointed not to have the chance to battle with them in the ring. So, they're planning to fight.
Latest robot news, information, reviews, hacks, photos, and videos - with special on-site coverage from Japan
http://www.robots-dreams.com
tempusmaster offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 postsPage 1 of 1
8 postsPage 1 of 1