Which Programming Language is Best for Humanoid robots?

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Which Programming Language is Best for Humanoid robots?

Post by schexnider4 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:04 am

Post by schexnider4
Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:04 am

Hi Yall,

Read a few topics, first time to post anything on robosavvy. I'm trying to branch out from BEAM robotics, to more advanced robots. Which programming language should I start learning?
Hi Yall,

Read a few topics, first time to post anything on robosavvy. I'm trying to branch out from BEAM robotics, to more advanced robots. Which programming language should I start learning?
schexnider4 offline

Post by PaulL » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by PaulL
Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 pm

... It depends on your goals and what hardware you're going to use...
... It depends on your goals and what hardware you're going to use...
PaulL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Post by limor
Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 pm

start by getting a kit with smart servos (Robotis or Robobuilder).
You can find ways to program these robots with pretty much any programming language.
Once you have the robots and want to take things further, you may want to learn about the Atmel microcontrollers that usually exist between the PC and the servos, and learn some basic C to program them. but that is usually not essential during the first few [weeks/months]
start by getting a kit with smart servos (Robotis or Robobuilder).
You can find ways to program these robots with pretty much any programming language.
Once you have the robots and want to take things further, you may want to learn about the Atmel microcontrollers that usually exist between the PC and the servos, and learn some basic C to program them. but that is usually not essential during the first few [weeks/months]
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by schexnider4 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 am

Post by schexnider4
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for the replies!

I've checked out bioloid and robobuilder. At first I really wanted to get the robobuilder because of the cost. I really like the new Dongbu Hovis Lite. Has anyone heard anything good about this kit? Would it be too hard to program for a noob? Thanks for the suggestions I will start learning C
Thanks for the replies!

I've checked out bioloid and robobuilder. At first I really wanted to get the robobuilder because of the cost. I really like the new Dongbu Hovis Lite. Has anyone heard anything good about this kit? Would it be too hard to program for a noob? Thanks for the suggestions I will start learning C
schexnider4 offline

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1