Building Own Servos

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1

Building Own Servos

Post by robogeek3 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 am

Post by robogeek3
Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 am

Is it possible to build your own servos that are powerful and suitable for a humanoid robot?
Is it possible to build your own servos that are powerful and suitable for a humanoid robot?
robogeek3 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MOHIT JINDAL » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by MOHIT JINDAL
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

:D :lol: :D ahh... Finally got someone who thinks like me :idea:
I am working on it. See page 3 of http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2673
Making a robot with costly servos is EASY. But to make a robot from your own hand assembled servos is a challange.
Servos are the roots of any humanoid robot. Everybody is busy in making robot, but no one trying to make own servos :roll:
:D :lol: :D ahh... Finally got someone who thinks like me :idea:
I am working on it. See page 3 of http://robosavvy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2673
Making a robot with costly servos is EASY. But to make a robot from your own hand assembled servos is a challange.
Servos are the roots of any humanoid robot. Everybody is busy in making robot, but no one trying to make own servos :roll:
MOHIT JINDAL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by robogeek3 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 am

Post by robogeek3
Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 am

8) COOL!
Yeah, if your going to build a robot from scratch might as well do it right! :D

Also for professional servos I believe it will be cheaper to build your own rather tan spend hundreds of dollars for factory made ones.

How big of a humanoid are you trying to build?

Asimo uses a combination of harmonic drive gears and servos? Do you think a robot that is two feet tall only require servos?

Harmonic Drive Gears, can you explain these to me more? How to they work different than servos? Do you have any links to I can see the prices?

Thanks! Good Luck! :D

Found this image useful :)
8) COOL!
Yeah, if your going to build a robot from scratch might as well do it right! :D

Also for professional servos I believe it will be cheaper to build your own rather tan spend hundreds of dollars for factory made ones.

How big of a humanoid are you trying to build?

Asimo uses a combination of harmonic drive gears and servos? Do you think a robot that is two feet tall only require servos?

Harmonic Drive Gears, can you explain these to me more? How to they work different than servos? Do you have any links to I can see the prices?

Thanks! Good Luck! :D

Found this image useful :)
robogeek3 offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by MOHIT JINDAL » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:27 am

Post by MOHIT JINDAL
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:27 am

Hahaha.,. I also had same photo. But i am not an engineer. I explaine your other queries in your 2nd post. Please read.
I want to make ASIMO Like robot.
Yes a 2 feet tall biped need only servo but with metal gears.
Hahaha.,. I also had same photo. But i am not an engineer. I explaine your other queries in your 2nd post. Please read.
I want to make ASIMO Like robot.
Yes a 2 feet tall biped need only servo but with metal gears.
MOHIT JINDAL offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

4 postsPage 1 of 1
4 postsPage 1 of 1